1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Toxic friends

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Lazarus Shuttlesworth, Oct 24, 2015.

1. So there's this friend who I haven't spoken to in like a month now. At first I thougt she was cool and funny. But then as time progressed I realized who I was dealing with. At times she can be very controlling, pessimistic, needy, insecure and she Loves to gossip. She's told people at my work that I'm still a Virgin. She would always ask me for money. She once called me early in the morning to tell me that she fvcked my friend. I could've smashed too but now that I think about it due to PMO I was never really attracted to her. But Anyways back to the point, like I said earlier I haven't spoken to her in like a month. I've ignored her calls and text messages. A part of me feels bad for just cutting her out of my life without having a convo with her. But one of my friends who I respect told me that that's the only way you can cut off a friend. Do you guys agree or should I at least have a convo with her and let her now how I feel about her. And do you guys think that there is a way to politely cutt off a toxic friend?

2. DogDaysOfLife

DogDaysOfLife Fapstronaut

If you decide to return one of her calls or texts, treat it as a break-up. Say why you cut her off and don't be guilt-tripped into letting her back in. Someone who is so socially terrible shouldn't be enabled and might need to be told why their behavior is wrong.

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  3. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

At the end of the day, you have to do what's best for yourself. You can't let other people have a negative impact on you. The actions that you describe in your comment would be enough to make anybody feel hurt, and it seems very odd to me that you still see this person as a "friend". You do not need to initiate a conversation with this person to tell them you've had enough - your silence is enough. In fact, keeping quiet is a good way of finding out if this person also considers you a friend - have they enquiried about you, asked about you, tried to make contact with you, sought out your company? It might be that this person was never you friend and simply had ulterior motives, and now that you've cut them out, they've forgotten about you. These are some of the possibilities you need to consider. I advise you to make a decision rationally evaluating your future, your current position and your interests - is this person going to "screw you over" in the long term or do they have a better nature than what you've described? You know your own situation best. What is needed is a wise and rational decision.

From a NoFap perspective, if this person leads to you relapsing, whether directly or indirectly, I would say that you should absolutely and utterly cut off all current contact, and block avenues of possible future contact.

I wish you the best of grit on your reboot, and may you find the truth!

taqwa and Lazarus Shuttlesworth like this.
  4. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Well said JustAnother. I agree.

Just Pray likes this.
  5. Thank you and yea She has randomly sent me nudes in the past which I finally deleted months ago. She used to always talk to me about her sex life eventho I've made it very clear to her numerous of times that idc. So yea from a nofap perspective cutting her out would make perfect sense. And now that I think about it I prolly was friends with her for so long cuz she was the only girl that I would chill with. But I now know that I can meet new female friends who won't give me unneeded stress.

PotentLife likes this.
  6. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

All the best bro.

Make a full effort to purify yourself from this, not a half-effort, and I hope you will get positive results and find satisfaction and contentment (y)

7. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

Simply tell her you do not enjoy her company and then state the reasons why. It takes a big man to say those words.

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.