1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trust Issues

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 16, 2018.

1. It's only recently I've come to the conclusion I have trust issues. Before I even meet someone I assume they don't like so, therefore, I keep my distance. I feel uncomfortable and nervous around people. I don't believe my friends truly like me and are just pretending to my friends. The last few years I've cut myself off from my friends because I don't fully trust them. I hardly ever greet anyone because I'm scared they'll just ignore me. I'm deeply suspicious of people who have different religious beliefs to my own and expect them to attack me for believing something different to them. I think the only solution to this problem is to see a counselor but maybe someone can post something that will help me.

2. HereAndThere

HereAndThere Fapstronaut

Trust is not something that you can convince someone to have. Its always a risk, it always takes a leap of faith to have it, implicit or explicit. I have trust issues too and ive realized there is no guarantees that you can trust someone, there are only probabilities. People find that balance between risk and faith naturally, through trial and error, and everybody develops different attitude to trust based on experience. There is no right answer. Also, shit happens, there are places in this world where you can get decapitated for wrong beliefs, use your head while you still have it to prevent that possibility.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. RedGryphon

RedGryphon Fapstronaut

Yes you need to see a councillor, they will be able to help you.

4. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

I can relate. I recommend this book to get you started:

"Visual CBT: Using pictures to help you apply Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to change your life" [link]