What is Sexuality?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I'm reading a book at the moment and I've just read the following:

"For many, sexuality is simply what happens between two people involving physical pleasure. But that's only a small percentage of what sexuality is. Our sexuality is all of the ways we strive to reconnect with our world, with each other, and with God".

What do you think about this?

He goes on to say:

"You can have sex with many, and yet you're alone. And the more sex you have, the more alone you are. And it's possible to be sleeping alone, and celibate and to be very sexual. Connected with many".

Can you be sexual without doing anything sexual?

2. YonCharly456

YonCharly456 Fapstronaut

Of course. All things we do we do in one way or another (as a man or as a woman, some say there is more, but I do not think so). We are sexually born and will remain adequate until dying (or perhaps beyond, for if you believe in life after Of death, we will probably continue to be men). The way to eat, walk, greet ... everything!

2525 likes this.
  3. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Yes, the history of our great civilization consists essentially in our ability to sublimate Eros into Art. Though there has been a great unwinding of late, still the capacity remains for the achievement of this at the individual level. But there is a paradox of sorts here, where the individual has to renounce their own individuality [or our present abstraction of individualism] in order to appreciate the richness of our past cultural heritage. There is no Wealth but Life [Ruskin].

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  4. Yeah, they don't. Some of his books are banned in some Christian bookstores. I used to work for a Christian books wholeseller and our American stores started banning his books but my boss thought they were over reacting and kept selling his work.

ThroughtheValley likes this.