1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Deleted Account, May 4, 2021.

1. I'm 5ft8 inches tall.
    I weigh 60kg.
    My waist size is about 29 inches.
    My neck size is about 19 inches.
    I don't know what my body type is from these measurements, nor do I know what my body fat percentage is.
    I've been working out for 4 years inconsistently and I only started getting into it seriously this past month.

The supplements I currently take are zinc, magnesium, collagen peptides, electrolytes, vitamin D, iron and a multivitamin. I have BCCAs, creatine monohydrate, glutamine and whey isolate arriving shortly, as well as a stronger dosage of zinc with added copper because I relapsed recently. I don't know the exact dosage to any of these things, but I have a general idea of what they do and what their effects are. I've been taking the supplements that I'm on now consistently for a few months.

My dieting has been inconsistent, however I'm determined now to stick to a 3,000 calories a day goal through intermittent fasting (around 1,500 calories per meal). I don't like eating that much, so I have left parts of meals and missed out on calories. I also seem to get in plenty of fat and protein but skip out on carbs.

I workout everyday, which is as follows:
    8 reps, 12 reps, 8 reps on each exercise
    -Deadlifts (35 lbs, 40 lbs, 35 lbs)
    -Squats (15 lbs, 20 lbs, 15 lbs)
    -Chestpress (15 lbs, 20 lbs, 15 lbs)
    -Floorpress (15 lbs, 20 lbs, 15 lbs)
    -Barbell Bicep Curls (25 lbs, 30 lbs, 25 lbs)
    -Barbell Bicep Reverse Curls (25 lbs, 30 lbs, 25 lbs)
    -Sometimes I do a couple of HIIT rounds for 60 seconds on goblet squats (5 lbs) or clean and press (15 lbs)
    -Sometimes I throw in some Russian twists (10 lbs) or some one-legged press-ups
    I perform this workout from home because there's a rule in my area where only one person can enter the gym at a time, which will mean that I can only go on certain days and will be inconsistent with my routine.

I want to get to about 82kg and fall somewhere between 12-14% bodyfat. I understand that I have weaker genetics than most when it comes to bodybuilding, both my mother and father are obese and I grew up rather chubby until the age of 14 when I went super skinny, but I feel as though getting into the 12%-14% bodyfat range is challenging but not too challenging.
    As I've said before, I've just started getting into this seriously and many of the things I've stated here may be incorrect, these are estimates for where I'm at right now. I want to know whether it's a good idea to change any of the things that I'm doing or to keep them the same. I'd also appreciate some solutions to the problems that I'm currently facing, such as with not getting enough carbs in or what my bodyfat percentage is.

2. AlphaWolf1408

AlphaWolf1408 Fapstronaut

You need to eat 5-6 smaller meals a day if you want to change your body composition. You will need to meal prep.

Also, I think your goal is unrealistic. You're talking more than 20 Kgs of muscle (if you are currently at the same body fat as your goal).

Focus on consistency instead. Even 5 Kgs of muscle will have huge effects on your appearance.

3. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

if you want more weight you need to lift more. 20lbs chest is for girls. you need to go to 200lbs. and then eat more. if you dont like eating, then theres your problem. getting weight is pretty easy. workout, eat, sleep.

4. ByTheRiver777

ByTheRiver777 Fapstronaut

You def need to get those numbers up. As one person already mentioned "20lbs are for girls," and he's not far off.

I suggest pouring some money into a squat rack, a bench, barbell, and at least 300lbs of plates. I saw on your profile that you give your gran 10 euros every time you relapse, which leads me to believe the money wouldn't be an issue for you.

5. ByTheRiver777

ByTheRiver777 Fapstronaut

I'd cut the supps too. I never found them to work, but that's my experience.

6. SocratesTheKing

SocratesTheKing Fapstronaut

This is not professional advice, its just my opinion.

I have never had any luck with the several small meals a day, it doesn't make me feel good. Play with it. Spend 3-6 months eating several small meals a day, and then spend 3-6 months with your fasting protocol, see which one works best for you. Also if you are training hard enough, the appetite should come regardless of your eating approach. If it does not, see a physician.

Your workout routine seems some what busy and unfocused. Are the weights you mentioned dumbbells, weight added to a barbell, or kettlebells? Have you tried getting with a trainer? Think of finding a good trainer like dating and finding a good partner, you don't want to commit unless it feels right, spend some time at the local gyms trying different trainers.

Also look up some classic progressive overload routines like starting strength and the Texas method, and compare those to what you are doing now. Remember while you are young focus on proper motor mechanics to avoid injury. Also its way easier to take a little extra time now and learn to lift properly, then to get injured and to have to relearn to lift when you are in your 30s.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  7. Recipe for succes:

Consistency (=every fucking day) in;
    1. Tracking kcal and weight
    2. Following you meal plan
    3. Training

Additional needs:
    4. Progression
    5. Cutting
    6. Reading and info

1. Start with 2800 kcal/ day. Weigh yourself daily in the morning. Track your kcals daily. Assign the morning weight to the previous day. Put everything in excel and track your daily average kcal and average weight per week. Aim for a 0.2-0.5 kg increase a week for each month. This means if after 4 weeks your weekly gains are lower then 0.2 or higher than 0.5 kgs, adapt your intake. 100 kcal a day rougly corresponds to 0.1 kg/ week.

2. Make a meal plan. Put in whole foods that you like eating. Keep it simple because youll have to prepare everything and you will be eating the same every day except for dinner. Find what works for you in terms of foods (i fare well on a high carb low fat diet without any dairy). Aim for 2gr of protein/ kg of bodyweight, 15-30% fats, fill the rest with carbs. Use mass gainer if needed (such as Carnivor Mass). Drink a shake when you wake up and after excercise. Eat 500 gr of cottage cheese before going to bed.

3. Train consistently (3-6 times a week). Make them short and intensive. Dont go all out each training if you train bodyparts multiple times a week (keep some reps in the tank). If you cant go consistently to the gym, follow the SUPERHERO BDOY WORKOUT from Bodyweight Muscle. Otherwise follow any plan that suits you. You seem weak so start with Starting Strength. Dont do shit you dont like. A good progression method is to create a schedule based on juggernaut training systems, it works like a charm for me in terms of progression.

4. Progression. Be sure to progress weekly/ monthly on your lifts. Either lift more weight or do more reps with the same weight. Focus on progress in 1RM of the SQUAT BENCH DEADLIFT and OVERHEAD PRESS. Look for 1RM goals in categories (novice, intermediate, advanced, pro). See where you are and aim to get into the next category.

5. Cutting. Dont bulk when youve accumulated a high fat percentage (>16%). It inhibits muscle growth and forces you to eat an enormous amount of calories. Cut down to below 15%.

6. Information;
    Read: the muscle and strength pyramid: nutrition and training (recipe for success), the last shred (cutting), KING 4 layer approach (balance), and follow juggernaut training systems on youtube (pillars of squat bench deadlift for form).

Good luck.

8. Carbs:
    Eat 100 gr oatmeal for breakfast. Eat 3 pieces of fruit a day. Drink a big glass of juice in the morning and after training. Eat oatmeal cookies as snacks. Get enough rice/potatoes with your midday and evening meal (half a plate). This will do...

Fat:
    Dont worry about fat until you get to 70 kgs+

9. Eat the same shit every day. Be varied in your evening meal. Keep it simple.

Sample meal plan;
    1. 100 gr oatmeal with 300 ml milk mixed in blender + banana + protein powder + honey + big glass of orange juice (1000 kcal)
    2. Oatmeal cookies + fruit (300 kcal)
    3. Chicken with rice (check out musclemeat.com and find a similar thing in your location) (400 kcal)
    4. Oatmeal cookie + fruit (300 kcal)
    5. Evening dinner: meat with rice/potatoes or lasagna or spaghetti or a pizza... any kind of food with min 500 kcal. Give this a standard kcal value of 600 kcal to not complicate your kcal tracking.
    6. Excercise
    7. Protein shake with milk + big glass of fruit juice (400-500 kcal)
    8. 500 gr of soft curd cheese (either low mid or high fat) OR 300 gr of salmon if you shit money (150-600 kcal)

Adjust quantities to fit your kcal.

10. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

A few things I've found after several years of trial and error now.

1) The 2 g of protein per kg of bodyweight is spot on. Do not be fooled by these people shouting you need ridiculous amounts of protein. I overdid on that for quite a while and the excess either gets pissed out or turned to fat. By the way, your body can only process about 35 g of protein at one feeding so if you're cramming in 50 or 60 g a meal you're wasting money. I am a big proponent of multiple smaller meals a day because thats the most effective way to get your protein targets met given the above.

2 ) Low fat is also not the way to go. You need healthy fats for energy and testosterone production. 1 g per kg of bodyweight a day or slightly more (which for me = about 85 g) does the trick for me. If you wind up bingeing it's less bad to go over on fats than too eat too many carbs, because excess carbs will crash your energy level and then go to your midsection as fat.

3) There a lot of schools of thought about dairy. Lowfat cottage cheese, nonfat Greek yogurt, and whole organic milk are pretty big staples of my diet (4-5 servings a day) but if you're lactose intolerant you'll need to find other ways to get your fats and protein in.

4) Less is more when it comes to protein powders and pre-made protein shakes. A lot of that stuff is incredibly processed, not to mention expensive, so use them as fill-ins, not staples (for example, if you know you're going to miss a meal). I cut my bodyfat by probably 1% in just a couple of weeks when I started scaling back on those items.

5) Rest and recovery is very important and more so the older you get. 3 times of weight training a week or 4 at the absolute max is all you should need if you're putting your all into each workout. Your body will tell you if you're overtraining -- listen to it.

Your mileage of course may vary. For what it's worth I'm 55 yo, just under 6 feet tall and 180 lbs at probably 13% bf right now. When I started getting serious about this 4 yrs ago I was close to 200 lbs and at least 20% bf. My testosterone was measured at around 300 (which is way too low) and I hadn't had a morning wood in years. Let's just say all of that has changed for the better. Stay consistent but also don't be afraid to mix things up if something isn't working. Eventually you'll find the combination of training, recovery, nutrition, and supplementation that works for you.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    i89rt5 likes this.