1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What wrong with communism?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by S.A.D., Sep 7, 2017.

1. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

That explains why thousands of Canadians flock to the United States each year when they need real healthcare.

LEPAGE likes this.
  2. Hopefulgirl

Hopefulgirl Fapstronaut

Hmmmmm..........

3. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

We got ourselves a Trumper here.

Quite likely the mega-rich can skip ahead of the line in America to get that life-saving boob job that being said your statement is shit as in bullshit!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-health-tourists-drop-1.3800729

1% of patients got treatment outside of Canada.

Trumps figures were from a made-up survey of Doctors by word of mouth from twenty years ago done by a right-wing think tank of Canadian physicians asking them how many patients do they THINK go to the USA for treatment.

Hopefulgirl likes this.
  4. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

1) I claimed that thousands of Canadians flocked to America to get their health care needs met.
    2) @Themadfapper called my claim "bullshit"
    3) Then he posts an article explaining that 45,619 Canadians left Canada for health care in 2015. I'm guessing they didn't fly to Europe or Indonesia.

I rest my case.

Wrong yet again.

Hey look, another recent article about Canadians coming to America for health care--from the oh-so-right-wing Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/canadian-medical-tourism_us_5949b405e4b0db570d3778ff

Sue Morin, 40, a remote administrative assistant from Ottawa, began experiencing unexplained pain in 2002. She became frustrated by Canadian doctors’ lack of answers and over-reliance on prescribing pain medications, and decided to seek a second opinion overseas after finding they weren’t taking her symptoms seriously enough.

For about $10,000 Canadian dollars, she was able to travel to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, stay in a hotel for two weeks, pay for meals, undergo medical tests and have consultations and interviews with doctors and staff. She returned to Canada with a written report of their findings, a diagnosis of fibromyalgia and a recommended treatment plan. The treatment plan was then followed in Canada under her prepaid provincial health care coverage. For Sue, having answers and a clear plan moving forward was worth the cost.
    I guess Canada has a private health care system after all. It's called the United States.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Plutonium and LEPAGE like this.
  5. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

You are a Trumper and got this bullshit rumor from Trump.

You assume they all went to the USA but they didn't. I've known people from Canada who go to Mexico for plastic surgery.

Less than 1% is trivial and you don't know that they go to the USA. You were and are saying there was something wrong with the Canadian system and that the American was better. Saying they go to the USA for "Real" healthcare

You then turn around and spew more bullshit bickering over the word "thousands" out of a nation of 30 million + which was never your implication because that doesn't say there is anything wrong with the Canadian system or the healthcare service there. And you still keep your original stance that there is something wrong with the system and post an online story about a lady who went to the USA for a diagnose and then back to Canada for treatment. You are a very dishonest person.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_tourism#United_States
    Who has more people leaving their country for medical care? The USA by a huge margin. 750,000 from the USA yet you bring up Canada having 40k leave as some evidence of an epidemic in the Canadian system.

That you think Universal healthcare is a bad thing that it is communist or that the American shit system is something to be emulated is just plain disgusting.

You found a story of a Canadian getting a bad diagnoses, yippy. That never happens in the USA I guess? Why even post that? It's trivial. You think about the War Vet who is dying of infection and can't get medical treatment, meanwhile, some rick fuck comes over to his country[The USA] to jump to the head of the line.

You are so deluded that you actually think a nation leaving its own to die while it treats rich foreigners is a positive thing? Doesn't surprise me you are dishonest as well.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  6. Hopefulgirl

Hopefulgirl Fapstronaut

As a Canadian and a former critical care nurse I must say that our health care system is pretty awesome, but is of course not perfect. Working in the ER, I never had to send people away or to a different hospital because they didn't have insurance or money to pay. That being said, waitlists for elective procedures or non-urgent procedures at time can be long. People do pay out of pocket to go to the US or Mexico, but this is definitely not the norm.

Themadfapper likes this.
  7. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Actually, it was my implication the entire time, which is why I used the word. Hell, I could have even said "tens of thousands," and I would have been even more accurate. You're the one who said my claim was bullshit. Don't get mad at me because you have piss-poor reading comprehension skills.

Emergency rooms in the United States, by law, are forbidden from turning down patients due to insurance or finances. This debate is not about emergency care.

Of course it isn't the norm. It's only the norm when situations are particularly dire and when patients are willing to foot substantial costs in order to avoid long waits. No one is coming from Canada to the United States for routine checkups they can get for free. They're coming here to get treatment that simply can't wait.

Hopefulgirl likes this.
  8. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

It's better than being deluded about an economic philosophy that has literally killed tens of millions of innocent people. But keep pretending you're the enlightened one, here.

9. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I didn't vote for Trump. Continuing to call me a Trumper doesn't make me one. You'd be surprised to know that I spent 12 months professionally opposing Trump in a very visible, public way. Then I was offered a shitload of money to work on his campaign, and I turned it down. But I suspect that makes no difference, seeing as you like to make emphatic claims with zero evidence to back them up.

Stories about Canadians leaving Canada for health care treatment were around loooooong before Trump. Hell, they were being tossed around like candy in 2009 and 2010 when Obamacare was being debated here. You sound like an idiot when you assume people only think these crazy ideas because of Trump.

10. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

I guess you're an idiot then? A thousand Canadians getting medical treatment in a year in the USA when we practically have an open border is not the big deal you made it out to be. Although we don't know how many Canadians get medical treatment in the USA the stat is for "abroad" meaning any nation that isn't Canada.

I thought you were saying Canadians go to the USA for real medical care. But you meant 1% of Canadian patients go abroad [ many not to the USA] for medical treatment. Why the fuck did you even post that?

You never addressed the 750,000 Americans going abroad for medical care each year? Just like you, I'm going to assume that 750, 000 Americans go to Canada each year for medical care even though the stats don't state that.

Why do nearly 1 million Americans come to Canada for medical care each year if the American system is so awesome?

11. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Tens of thousands of them do. And the article you posted backed me up on that. Thanks again.

I mean, I suppose you're right--it's possible that all 46,000 of them are going to countries farther away with lower-quality care. That would make perfect sense. Pretty unreasonable to think the vast majority are going next door to where the highest-quality care in the world is.

Why are you asking me? I know I ripped on your reading comprehension, but is it so bad that you failed to see the explanation in the very quote you shared? Americans get treatment abroad so they can pay less. Canadians come to America so they can receive better care.

Another truth, brought to you from @Themadfapper's source.

Man, I love debating this guy. It's just too easy.

LEPAGE likes this.
  12. dragonaire

dragonaire Fapstronaut

a) they make you sacrifice your freedom in favor of an ideology, and that might seem good until u say u dont want to share that ideology and ur living in a communist state... at that moment your life becomes hell

b) they want to make revolution with your strenght and your money... not theirs

c) when the money its over then you get hungry and cheated (the whole country in fact, without taking in account the now fat leaders)... and the ones in power richer than ever, in power till death and you only have "homeland/nation"... but still hungry

d) they always have a fictional enemy that gets the battle running... without that enemy theres no battle and without battle theres no revolution and without revolution theres no communism... so, theres always a fictional battle

e) the country gets stuck, poor, hungry, no freedom, no liberties, no human rights, you only have patriotism to eat and no hope

SuperFan likes this.
  13. dragonaire

dragonaire Fapstronaut

Communism is "pretty" in theory (the whole power for the people and shiz), but in the practice its developer didn't took in account the human nature that's hungry of power... The communist leaders always become mad with power, and the "people" is never the real people in fact, the "people" becomes a small group of individuals who hold in power like ticks

LEPAGE likes this.
  14. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

I guess I will rip on your math as well as your reading comprehension.

The other article [ the one that gave the # of Canadians going abroad for medical service each year] stated that rich Canadians go abroad because of smaller waiting times. Meaning they skip to the head of the line. Preferential treatment for the rich. Not because they receive better care. Reading comprehension

Leaving the poor, the veterans with little, no, or subpar healthcare but catering to the rich is what you are in favor of and are supporting.

Why do Canadians live longer than Americans why half the infant mortality rates, etc, etc?

They million Americans don't come to Canada each year just because it's cheaper they come because they cant get healthcare in the USA.

Your math sucks because 1 percent of patients for major operations getting treatment abroad is not what you are making it out to be. They may try out the USA and come back to Canada or just go there for a second opinion since they can jump to the front ahead of poor Americans.

Quicker treatment for the 1% is not better than better treatment for the other 99%.

Lastly yet more bullshit from the Trumper. America spends the most on healthcare, but they rank last in healthcare.

http://www.ajmc.com/contributor/jul...ity-of-us-healthcare-compared-with-the-world/

Why does the USA come in last in quality of healthcare amongst all industrialised nations?

It is literally the worst healthcare system on planet earth and you are saying it's the best and that others should adopt it.

You favor leaving veterans with subpar care or no care [ like they get in the USA ] no care for the poor, but everything for the rich 1%. What kind of morals do you have? And you spout dishonest propaganda to support your disgusting political views.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  15. Hopefulgirl

Hopefulgirl Fapstronaut

Just sharing my experience!

16. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Actually, we have Medicaid here, which is a taxpayer-funded health care program specifically for the poor, and I'm highly supportive of it.

Hmmm. That must be why those tens of thousands of Canadians come here for treatment.

I'll fully concede that the American health care system is very inefficient when it comes to dollars. We spend far too much for our care, and it's no wonder why so many Americans leave in pursuit of cheaper options ... but that has more to do with the third-party payment structure (coincidentally, the same kind of structure that makes college education so obscenely expensive here). If you want to rail on how economically inefficient the American system is, you won't get any disagreement from me.

The American health care system isn't perfect by a longshot, but it's worlds better than any socialized system.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  17. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I appreciate you and thank you for sharing. Please forgive me if I sounded frustrated. Guys like @Themadfapper tend to bring out my inner Adam Carolla.

Hopefulgirl likes this.
  18. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Still waiting to see a good example of communism in practice here. So far we have Nazi Germany, Gaddafi's Libya and Canadian healthcare in the running. I would be laughing but I don't want to throw my back out because physiotherapy is not covered under my Canadian health care.

Sadgirl is right. If you need critical emergency care, you get sterling service at the emergency room.

It's the long drawn out health issues where the system fails. People can wait in pain for months (even years) before they finally get the tests to determine what is wrong. Many people cross the border to get relief. You also see, about once a month, some family on the news begging for donations so they can send their kid to the States to receive some treatment which is not covered. These cross border expeditions are all payed by the individual after the government has fleeced their paycheque to pay for healthcare they will never receive.

SuperFan likes this.
  19. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

You'd be surprised to know that our health care system serves quality care to many, many, many more people than the top 1%. You've been listening to too many Bernie Sanders speeches.

20. dragonaire

dragonaire Fapstronaut

Stop complaining... you are not in Venezuela

LEPAGE likes this.