1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the best thing I've done for myself? (In the last 24 hours)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Robinthehood, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Robinthehood

Robinthehood Fapstronaut

Going this route is hard and difficult. Of course it is, yet we have chosen it and wish to keep going along it. There are things we can do for ourselves that can help us stay calm and collected, with our eyes firmly on our goals.
    I started the day not feeling too great, i've a bitching bit of flu/ cold thing going on, and felt like my life in general was complete pants. I was comparing myself to others and couldn't see the lovely things in my own life.
    But I felt better than yesterday, why? Because I was in bed at eight, after a nice hot shower. Read for an hour then had a good nights sleep. About nine hours of it. By far the best thing I'd done for myself in the last 24 hours.
    I'd overlooked what I'd actually done, I'd decided not to watch TV last night, I had decided to stop looking on my tablet at things that mean nothing to me. So a few sacrifices last night meant I felt ready for the day today.
    It's easy to overlook the things one does that are working, that make the day anything from tolerable to pleasurable. Recognising them and repeating them. From a nice cup of coffee with a square of chocolate in the morning to one of the fundamentals like sleep. If you're anything like me you may miss how important they are, and focus on things that didn't go so well or made us feel bad or left us with uncomfortable feelings.
    So have a look at what made you feel good today, or yesterday. It's probably no coincidence that you had a 'good' day. There was something there that worked for you, find out what it was. And gift it to yourself again.

Mithras likes this.
  2. I went to SAA last night.

Earlier in the day I treated myself to a nice relaxing day around the city.

-Had hot chocolate and an awesome chocolate chip cookie at a cafe while I read.
    -Tried a new restaurant for lunch, that sucked. LOL! But I tired something new so that was good.
    -Before SAA had dinner at yet another restaurant that was new to me. Ate with a couple of the SAA brothers. This restaurant was great and made up for the lousy lunch place. Of note in this place are the attractive women that worked there. I was able to keep from gawking and fantasizing. I concentrated on talking to my two buddies. I’m glad about this new mindset now. I don’t have to let lust control me. I don’t have to be a creeper.