What's your opinion on a man holding a car door open for a woman?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by mjs0344, Jan 21, 2022.

What's your opinion on a man opening a car door for a woman he's dating or married to?

1. I'm a man. I generally hold car doors open for women I'm dating / married to

2. I'm a man. I DO NOT generally hold car doors open for women I'm dating / married to

3. I'm a woman. I generally would like a man I'm dating / married to to hold a car door open for me

4. I'm a woman. I generally would NOT like man I'm dating / married to to hold a car door open for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mjs0344

mjs0344 Fapstronaut

Specifically referring to getting *in* to a car, not out.

Men, is it trying to hard? over the top? Or is it gentlemanly thing to do?

Women, is it nice / cute and chivalrous? Or too much / patronizing etc?

2. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Apart from my dear old mum, I would not hold a car door open for anyone.

But I often hold open the door of buildings for others, regardless of gender.

3. ZombieMan

ZombieMan Fapstronaut

4. mjs0344

mjs0344 Fapstronaut

Thank you for this contributory reply.

5. ImFuture

ImFuture Fapstronaut

Not every woman deserves that kind of respect.

6. mjs0344

mjs0344 Fapstronaut

OK so which ones do in your opinion?

7. Wolf7

Wolf7 Fapstronaut

I was raised with class and with respect. I hold doors for people regardless of gender and I walk on the outside of the street with woman and also open the car door depending on the female. You don’t want to do this with every single girl because they all aren’t deserving of this chivalry or respect. But generally, someone I’m very close with and have been dating for a good 6 months or more I will actively get out the car and go to their door first and open it

8. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

My husband almost always opens the car door for me. He also does it for his daughters. I think it’s nice and my girls absolutely love it.

toziko and FallingPetals like this.
  9. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

They have two arms that work.

10. ZombieMan

ZombieMan Fapstronaut

Lmao right….

11. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

This is true, but for some of us it isn’t about ability, it’s just being kind. I hold the door open for men if I get there first. I don’t think “ oh he can’t open the door”. I just think it’s kind. Most will usually put their arm above my head grabbing the door and say “ no you go first”, and some say thank you and go in and some just ignore me, lol.

12. Wolf7

Wolf7 Fapstronaut

Have you ever had a serious relationships? A lot of the things you do for your significant other are things they could have done for themselves, they could’ve cut the crust off the bread for you because you don’t like it, or it’s chilly out and they take their jacket off and give it to you. Simple things that don’t have to be done, you do them. It’s not always about a physical aspect of it

13. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

He's right though. Who actually cares.

Maybe on a date it would be nice to do it, or if you were taking your partner out somewhere. But I would say most men who are in a relationship wouldn't always hold the car door open for their partner. I would hold a door open for anybody if I was walking out somewhere as someone was walking in.

14. mjs0344

mjs0344 Fapstronaut

who said I was worried? I don’t plan on going on any dates. Was simply for my own intellectual curiousity how people bahave.

if you “don’t care” or don’t have an opinion then simply don’t reply to my thread. Thanks.

15. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Where did I say you were worried?

and I gave my opinion.

16. mjs0344

mjs0344 Fapstronaut

originally your reply said:

“He's right though. Who actually cares. Your just a **** if you're worried wondering if you should hold a car door open for a woman. Do it if you feel like it, and if you don't feel like it then don't.”

not sure if you edited it or what.

Anyway, never mind. Thank you for your opinion

17. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Ah fair enough. Yeah sorry I did edit it, cause after I posted it I realised I might of sounded like a bit of a dick. I hold my hands up when I realise I am in the wrong.

Psalm27:1my light likes this.
  18. mjs0344

mjs0344 Fapstronaut

no worries man. Thanks :emoji_thumbsup:

skaterdrew likes this.
  19. KMan55

KMan55 New Fapstronaut

A man is alway suppose to open the door for a lady or ladies that called having manners but the problem is some women don’t want say thank you for opening the door for them which I find extremely rude.

20. And I stand when a lady enters the room. Yes, "lady," as in "ladies and gentlemen."

Be the gentleman you aspire to be. Treat women like ladies.

KMan55 likes this.