1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish to be alone

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by internetpioneer, Sep 17, 2022.

1. For the last 11 years, I've been letting go people around me. I've been bullied at school, and I kind of recovered during college, formed friendships, found partners, was relatively successful professionally. However, a number of traumas (and I believe the bullying episodes), stress etc... kicked off a depression, since then I had the need to be left alone: first there was some friends, even best friends, then family, and now I am on the brink of letting my long term partner go The next step is to quit my job, and then all social contact will be over. For sure PMO has something to do, but nothing is so clear, everything is intertwined in a self destructive spiral. It's this idea that I am better off without any social contact, since I was child I am inadequate to talk and interact with other people. There is a deep misunderstanding between me and the rest of people.

2. Conqueror_J47

Conqueror_J47 Fapstronaut

I pray you figure it all out soon. My situation is not too different.

3. I live by myself. Have so for years. It's never helped my depression. Only made it worse. Humans need social connection. Resist the urge to isolate yourself. It's not healthy.

4. from2003

from2003 Fapstronaut

Bro same story i also got bullied very harshly in my teenage and school life for a sec i thought to do suicide but i thought about my parents and all they have done for my life along with their sacrifices bro and i gone school daily and experience all the bullieness daily for like 6 years and i can't say more cause you all know how they show power and i was so innocent and afraid of the conflict so i have to be silent and suffer all bro , and i totally agree that after all that experiences we changed and we don't let others people opinion about us and the person become introvert ultra pro Max. That's harsh reality

5. Hey! thanks for reaching out. I read you are 19 years old - I'm 50. I can only tell you that after school you have a 2nd chance, for me the world changed in college, but there is something deep, so deep that any trauma can bring it up again. It's like you build an armor but inside your heart is made of glass.
    Thanks again

6. I know... I know... I keep telling myself the same, but I have these thoughts that I might have been trying too hard to fit, and now this loneliness feels ... right.

Lady Blåhaj likes this.
  7. Total isolation is unhealthy. Being social all the time and having a bunch of friends you only know casually just to keep boredom or bad thoughts away is also unhealthy. It's important to find a balance. A handful of close friends I think is enough.

Warrior275 and TheRisingShogun like this.
  8. Warrior275

Warrior275 Fapstronaut

Learned this way too late in my adult life.
    Wish I knew this when I was younger.

internetpioneer likes this.