1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

@dasher this is great! Thank you for sharing your progress. I admire your willingness to be held accountable in the partaking of this challenge.

I personally believe that consistently devoting yourself to working out and healthy eating and drinking will yield the results to which you aspire.

It takes time, consistency, dedication, and discipline, but in my opinion you can definitely achieve your goals by May 1, 2020.

Looking forward to updates on this.

ANewFocus and persona2903 like this.
  2. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Congratulations, I'm glad for you! Have a wonderful week

ANewFocus likes this.
  3. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Good to read a post from you again! The fight is not easy ... and maybe that's why it's called fighting. It's good to be together to encourage us in our common battle front. Congratulations for your willpower and for the 76 days you have achieved, you are an inspiration to the group.

Espi1971 likes this.
  4. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Welcome @Paf-On to the group, a place was made and you are already an official member, figures in the updated ranking (see post no. 1).
    It would be nice to send a post introducing you, telling us something about you and your fight against PM

Paf-On and Espi1971 like this.
  5. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hi @jakeblueshammond It's been a while and we don't know anything about you ... are you still with us?:emoji_grimacing:

ANewFocus and Espi1971 like this.
  6. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Espi1971 likes this.
  7. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Thank you @persona2903 peace and strength be with you and your family this week!

persona2903 likes this.
  8. Abetterfuture

Abetterfuture Fapstronaut

Had to reset my day counter again. I have been struggling in my spirituality for some time and I am trying to find motivation to work on it but am not doing very well. I know what I need to do, but I am lacking motivation and am not sure why. I have done fairly well in other areas of my life for the past couple of months just not spirituality.

persona2903 and Espi1971 like this.
  9. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I was busy and made it through the weekend clean. Grateful for 3 days. Week nights are my biggest struggle so I need to protect myself each night.

10. Just ask within, why do you want to work on spiritually? what does that mean to you? What is the purpose to wanting to do it? Is it to tell others that you are balanced or is it coming from a longing of your soul for a deeper degree of peace and fulfillment?

For me working on my spirituality is not work is my only way to live in this world - and it is what gives me the ability to endure the burden of suffering with an open heart and to stop harming myself and others and to be more useful. h

I am not perfect in any way but I am deeply grateful for the spirituality I have been given it, and every once in a while when things go really well, i forget my WHY and i put spirituality on the back burner.

For me, spirituality is not just meditation morning and night and reading spiritual books - but it is an attitude towards life and to choose to love all beings unconditionally - especially those who i dont like.

Also, one suggestion that can also be helpful to you - is that the minute you remember that you are not being as spiritual through the day - you can hve a single intentional thought - "god may i do the next hour of work with you in mind and for you" that to me is spiritual living.

Or maybe experiencing anger, lust or fear, remembering to pray and asking God, higher power fo wisdom, light, and guidance... that is a powerful habit and itself can transform our lives.

11. Day 35 update

Have been working lots - Had major triggers coming up for me yesterday in form of anger and frustration - I am grateful to for Espi1971 - because reading some of his shares inspired me to remember to use the capacity pray and ask for guidance and help when feeling down or defeated.

I noticed that resentments and anger that arises in me in random work situation is my biggest challenge - it makes me want to quit and cancel and leave.

Especially when I'm sleepy and tired -

But i chose to stick ot it and after a nice resting evening, I feel so much better about everything and I see things differently.

Feeling deep gratitude for being on day 35.

I look to see it as all i need to do is 12x the same amount - ONE month ata time, One day at a time, ONE hour at a time.

OMG ~~~ THIS IS SOOOO AWESOME!!!

lol i love this so much - you were worried about being fired and you get a rais! this is GOD in action for you brother.

Miracle and grace is following you like a sheild! all days of your life!

12. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

D91 (Thursday). In the morning I was studying and reading (the book "Christianity in crisis, 21st century", about the gospel of prosperity and other blasphemies). Then I went to look for the results of my exam. I passed with excellent qualification, so I am at peace with my studies of this class until March. Then, I was in the Church, praying for many topics.

D92 (Friday). In the morning: work. In the afternoon: I study (Glorification), I took a nap, and then a long trip to my parents' house. I took the opportunity to move forward with my book.

D93 (Saturday). All morning reading the book I mentioned, until I finished it. In the afternoon I was in the Church, for the final rehearsal of the play and the choir. Then, at home, I continued studying Glorification for my Theology class that I will give on Tuesday.

D94 (Sunday). All morning studying, and I reviewed my parliaments. The day was rainy. In the afternoon I went to dinner at my Church, and finally we exhibited the play. I had the main role (I played a businessman who spent his youth making money, and now he realizes that his life is empty and regrets his sins and asks God to enter his life and make him a new man, this time no one made fun of my work, as happened in two trials, and there were applause and congratulations). It was an excellent dinner ... that does not compare to the dinner that Christians will have when Christ returns, at the Lamb's Supper.

D95 (Monday). In the morning: I worked. Now: studying for my class tomorrow and attending my social networks. I continue to learn about other cultures, especially their spiritual beliefs. I was talking to a Hindu, who told me about "Moksha" and "Mukti" ... interesting. It is difficult not to prejudge, but if it is true that Christ is the only way (as I think it is) we must let it be in these cases that it is the Holy Spirit in us who thinks to speak, rather than us.

persona2903 likes this.
  13. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

@RightEffort congrats on 35 days my friend!

What an honor it is to inspire you.

Back in October, I first joined nofap.com, and one of the very first threads I read was the 35+ accountability group headed by Artifact. I read the entire thread and it helped strengthen my mind and soul, and I clearly recall reading your posts and being inspired by them, so I already had much respect for you.

And here we are, a few months later, members of the same group, and you wrote that I inspire you. WOW.

It makes me think that God puts people in our lives for a reason. I feel that way about you. Hope that doesn't sound weird!

Have a great night brother and thank you for sharing.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  14. I love that brother!

Its so cool that you shared that with me - today I was wondering if all the writings we do here goes kind of to waste or if anyone else ever reads them, so this is so good to hear that the shares inspire many people even after we finish :)

Yes - I think we are all here in this together, same challenges and together we can overcome so much easier. so grateful to be part of this group you also.

I was missing that spirit of humbly asking for help from the higher power and your shares is full of them :)

Talk soon

Espi1971 and persona2903 like this.
  15. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

I regret that you have relapsed, we can all understand you because it has happened to us hundreds of times in life ... It is good that you use it as learning, and that you identify what are the things that lead you to fall.
    On your lack of motivation to spirituality, it may help to remember when you were motivated and evaluate why you had that motivation.
    Greetings and our support, friend!

Espi1971 likes this.
  16. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

@byker a vacancy is about to open on our list ... are you still interested in joining?
    Greetings!!

Espi1971 likes this.
  17. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

A special congratulation to @Espi1971 for his two months of victories! You are one of the most active members of the group and you inspire us with your writings. We take this opportunity to thank you for each post and to encourage you to go for much more!

[​IMG]

ANewFocus and Espi1971 like this.
  18. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

I think I have not publicly congratulated another of the most active members of the group: @RightEffort . You have passed the thirty-day barrier, congratulations! And thanks for so many contributions.
    We also have to applaud the achievements of @dasher who has also exceeded 30 days of victories!
    Thank you for participating in this group, you are very valuable to us!
    [​IMG]

RightEffort and Espi1971 like this.
  19. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Thank you for your kind words @persona2903!

I am proud and honored to be a part of this group that you started, and I appreciate the daily dose of support and encouragement that I receive from all of the members of this group. We fight, we struggle, we triumph, and we're all moving forward together, one day at a time.

Have a great day All :)

persona2903 and RightEffort like this.
  20. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

That's awesome! Congratulations to @dasher and @RightEffort :)

persona2903 and RightEffort like this.