10 Day habit builder Challenge, April 17-27

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

yeah here in the netherlands the tempature has been rising quite a bit as well. I can really understand the struggles.

2. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

I've got a guitar here, but never played it before. Would love to hear you playing guitar too, would be awesome!

3. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

I've read this before, but still admire the way how you left everything behind in order to stop PMO. I can't imagine quitting my online study, but still somewhere I know that when you say it "was worth all the sacrifice and the pain to get here." that it's 100% true. Maybe one day I'll have to make such a decision. I guess although PMO is destroying me the "When the pain of staying stuck grows greater than the pain of change, you will change." saying doesn't apply to me yet. I just really hope this virus will be over soon and I can return to sitting in a normal classroom with classmates without all the distraction.

4. I'm an IT guy, too. I also know all the ways around things. I have still found routine (daily) accountability to be a great help, and I still use accountability software to this day. Are you willing to try?

And if chucking the laptop is what God is asking you to do, why not do it? He asked me to give up a lucrative career in order to get free, and I did. Completely worth it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Day 13.
    Played my guitar before bed. I'm honestly not sure if I should record for other people to hear. It becomes a prideful thing for me and it sometimes takes the fun out of it since I feel like it has to be perfect.

Did not pmo but was tempted by being alone for a while.

Deleted Account and Tao Jones like this.
  6. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Day 14.
    Restrung my guitar with pure nickel strings and practiced for a bit. They definitely do give a vintage sound.

Did not pmo.

Kemar935 and Tao Jones like this.
  7. As you feel comfortable brother. No worries.I am like that too...a bit of a perfectionist. BTW, awesome - 14 days for you! Praise God!

8. Accountability software is completely useless to me. I know how to bypass all of them. :-/ I think you might be right and take a more radical approach with the computer and internet. It may sound stupid but I don't know how I can survive without it - I need the computer and internet for work and completing papers. I can't afford to make a career change at this point in my life. Still need to cut those access points for P and learn to manage when I'm down so I don't run to PMO for relief. Less access to P and M and more access to Jesus in my mind and heart. I'm a double-minded man :-/ I sometimes try to overcome in my own strength. What is disturbing is how one day I can be on a high and the next fall to temptation.

Thinking about PMO today but didn't do it. Need to call on the Lord every time for help. One victory at a time.

9. Up and down brother. lack of discipline in my life. I succumbed to thoughts and not being in a good place (had some heated fights with my wife, unfinished work, still no progress to find permanent work), I turned to PMO for relief and relapsed.

10. Congrats on 14 days!

11. Until you humble yourself, you will remain stuck.

Where is your computer in the home? Can you move it into a more central area? That's one step I took. My computer is out in a public, high-traffic area. No hiding possible.

There is *always* a way to get free. Scripture promises us that. But freedom will cost you something. It may cost a very great deal indeed. What are you willing to sacrifice to get it? Anything at all?

12. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

I've decided to do my online lessons in the living room together with my parents. Although it is a little more distracting when it comes to focusing on the lessons it does seem to help with not being able to do other things in between

Tao Jones likes this.
  13. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

nice job!

14. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Day 15. Thanks guys. You have been really encouraging. Played my guitar before bed today since I wasn't able to do it earlier. I was helping a friend repair her mixer.

Did not pmo.

Tao Jones and Kemar935 like this.
  15. Congrats on 15 days! That's a great milestone. Now, on to Day 16. :)

16. That's a very good and such a simple idea. Use the laptop around others and not alone. That may not work all the time (e.g. there are times where I will be alone and need to work and also to check in her on nofap); but it's a good general practice. Thank you

17. Once you start seeking out practical steps like this, you will find they are everywhere. The trick is that you must actually want to take them. That is up to you, moment by moment, thought by thought.

18. LonelyStrength

LonelyStrength Fapstronaut

checking in guys , hope you guys are doing well, I've gone 4 days and didn't even realize it lol

19. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

That's great! Actually I think it's way better to just go day by day without counting the days of your streak But that's easier said than done haha

LonelyStrength likes this.
  20. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, was wondering how you all are doing?

I myself yesterday had a day full of temptation, thought they would never stop, I struggled through the online lessons and after they ended I came as close as opening my web browser. Then I started thinking of you guys of God and all the inspirational messages I've read recently and with what seemed like the last bit of resistence I had opened a book and started reading. After reading the first couple of pages my temptations faded away and I actually started to enjoy reading the book. So I'm proud to say I managed to resist the terrible urges of yesterday and didn't relapse!

As for my other streaks when it comes to building habits, I have not been doing so well with keeping up studying Korean for 15 minutes a day, it's a difficult language haha. But I did keep up my running and am really enjoying it at the moment. I run 9km 2x and 6km 2x a week and am trying to become faster each time.

anyway I'm at the point of starting online class again, I hope today the urges won't come, but if they do I'll try my best to do the same as yesterday. I hope everyone is doing well, and I have kept on praying for each of you!

Tao Jones likes this.