1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

10 Day habit builder Challenge, April 17-27

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Hooray! Super encouraging. Keep it up!

2. LonelyStrength

LonelyStrength Fapstronaut

for real! I've been keeping busy with work which is why, but going through this distracted with anything else helps

Kemar935 likes this.
  3. LonelyStrength

thats awesome man, its all about finding the escape when the temptations come, we have to pay attention to the details that God places in front of us to run away from the urges
    I also wanna start running again I did it before , but now i'm procrastinating about it:emoji_confused::emoji_frowning2:

4. @LonelyStrength @Kemar935 ok you guys. I'm currently at 3 days, Kemar935 and LonelyStrength you guys are at five. We are all close in in number of days. @frogs2345 your doing awesome at 17 days! let's not go back but keep the difference between us constant (I'll stay 2 days behind both kemar935 and LonelyStrength who stay 12 days behind frogs2345 who remains 337 days behind @Tao Jones who is almost a year!) In other words, no relapse in the "chain". One day at a time. Let's really advance forward together and make this a group challenge to each other. I'd like to add one spiritual component to this...if you don't think it's too much for this challenge. Any ideas what we can do together to foster knowing the Lord deeper? What do you think?

LonelyStrength likes this.
  5. LonelyStrength

I like the plan, I can do group prayer like how we did in the 40 day challenge ?!

Kemar935 and Deleted Account like this.
  6. My personal time with God in prayer (and his Word) has taken a hit. I like your idea. What do the others think?

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2020
  7. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Day 0. Had a really stressful day and worked a longer shift than I expected (I can just stay for overtime but I don't get to choose when I can leave past that). Back was hurting and had a splitting headache. Then picked up a flat tire on my way home. Gave in after like an hour of just laying in bed.

LonelyStrength and Kemar935 like this.
  8. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

I will try thanks! and yeah if you find the time I would defintelly recommend starting again. The feeling after a good run is great, and (for me at the least) it seems to help with having less urges.

9. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

great idea

10. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Sounds like a good challenge, it makes us even more connected. I'm in!

11. Great to see this enthusiasm. We only make progress on the road to recovery if we take the steps!

How can I be of service to you all? Anything I can do differently or better in order to support you?

12. I've been there so many times bro. Stress and not feeling good takes its toll and pmo offers quick relief, a place of solace. but that's a lie. there is no lasting comfort and relief there. Like a fly attracted to a Venus Fly Trap by the sweet chemicals it secretes. Once trapped, the fly is then slowly dissolved by chemicals from the plant. I don't want to fall to that kind of trap again only to find out this time there is no escape. I don't want that for you. I don't want that for anyone here. Come. Let's stay connected together, praying together, praying for each other, and maintain the difference of days between us. May none of us see day 0 again. One day at a time but we move ahead closer to Jesus. We need to have a destination - not just freedom from somewhere or something (that is, pmo) - we need a destination to somewhere or someone. Where are we headed? Where are we going? Let's look ahead, fixing our eyes not the past but on Jesus and our future hope through him even in stressful and difficult times. Romans 5:1-11 (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans+5:1-11&version=NIV). So let's make our desired destination to know him deeper. He's made the way to the Father and given us his Spirit.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2020
    Kemar935 and Tao Jones like this.
  13. Brother, you are an encouragement to many here and example to me. I can't think of anything else but your continued prayers and encouragement and don't be afraid to ask the hard and pointed accountability questions. Is there any way we could help or encourage you?

14. Do not go back into the pit.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Day 1. Didn't get a chance to play my guitar. But did not pmo. Had to get my tire fixed instead, but did my Bible study (which normally precedes my guitar practice) while waiting for my car

16. Awesome @frogs2345 ! You know, just had a thought inspired by your post. Would it be too much to ask of you, @Kemar935, @LonelyStrength, @Tao Jones, you guys want to go through the Psalms together, a psalm a day? If you feel inclined, we could post something God spoke to us through the psalm or in our prayer time as we pray for one another in this challenge. What do you all think?

17. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Same here, your an example to me too! I really appreciatte how you keep us on track through the hard pointed questions like Looking4 freedom mentioned. It hurts sometimes, but it keeps our eyes open. Not many people are willing to do that and just act nice towards each other. Of course there is nothing wrong with being nice, but it's also great to have a person with so many experiences who asks us those question. After all although I feel a strange kind of enjoyment of being able to fight this PMO addiction with you guys together, PMO itself is thru and thru bad and if we don't actively take actions against it will destroy our lives.

Deleted Account and Tao Jones like this.
  18. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Would definitelly be up for it! How would it work btw? Like start reading from psalm 1 or randomly?

19. 150 days of freedom in Scripture sounds pretty good to me. The Psalms are a significant challenge for me, as I do not relate very well to poetry, but I will do my best with the support of you all! Just let me know when to start. Looking forward to learning from everyone!

20. We can agree what day we all start and just read Psalm 1 the first day, Psalm 2 the next, and so on. If there's something you want to share from the psalm you read the day before or something the Lord spoke to you, we have the liberty to share it with others. You guys want to start Sunday May 17, 2020 to read Psalm 1 (then Psalm 2 on May 18, Psalm 3 on May 19...) ? Remember, this and praying together is not just another "thing" to "add" to our lives or meant as a distraction from pmo. Let's know the Lord deeper, love him for who he is, and magnify him in our mind, heart, and lives since we and pmo have made him smaller and less significant than he really is.