1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

"You can't say you love animals if you still eat meat."

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by dogeatdog, Aug 31, 2020.

1. We can arbitrarily define love, and I believe that I did above (rap god). Despite ample opportunity, no one else provided a definition besides me, and they kind of dodged around it by using "respect" instead. Self-righteous and ethical veganism are not indicative of one another. Ethical veganism is about abandoning personal whims for an overall reduction in suffering. If that happens to make people feel superior or better about themselves, I don't see how that's significant.
    See my comment above. How about you contribute a valid argument instead of just attacking people for traits that you've arbitrarily assigned them. Is your ego that fragile?
    Wow, look, we have a genius in our midst! You just completely destroyed veganism! I've never heard this argument before!

Oh wait.

"Globally, about 98 percent of soybean meal is used as animal feed."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soybean_meal#Use_in_animal_feed

"Soybean meal has become a predominant feedstock for poultry and livestock, accounting for 67% of consumption of global soy production."
    https://globalforestatlas.yale.edu/land-use/industrial-agriculture/soy-agriculture

Sosuke Aizen likes this.
  2. Yes, it seems like you are done. Rather, you never started. You still haven't given a single credible argument against veganism. Just spamming your unjustified opinions like a zombie. Me being nice or mean has nothing to do with you being able to give one solid argument. It sounds like you're saying "well I was going to make sense, but you were mean so now I'm not gonna." Which equals "I never had an argument to begin with, and now I get to take moral high ground by calling you a bully." Good bye.

Sosuke Aizen likes this.
  3. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I've been there, I was talking about my own memories, and hightlighting a common vegan mindset trait.

It wasn't an attack, now, if your possibly deprived brain couldn't even comprehend that I don't have special powers and cannot know others memories, therefore I wasn't talking about others, is not my fault, This was an attack, can you tell the difference?

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  4. James Duncan Halpert

James Duncan Halpert Fapstronaut

I also thought for the production of soy, they needed a huge amount of land for cultivation? I may be mistaking that for another crop, but I was pretty sure while they need less water, lots of land was used in the process. I mean I hear about mass deforestation going on especially in Brazil with soy production, so it's not like it's a harm free activity.

Though, I guess you could argue around the majority of soy that's produced gets used as livestock feed, but still, look at the big impact almonds have on the environment as well.

embodiment of luck likes this.
  5. Envoy-ofthe-End

Envoy-ofthe-End Fapstronaut

Eating meat and vegetables together is the best. I've had the best strength and muscle gains the more variety and assortment of macronutrients I add to my body. I haven't consumed any "whey" protein in almost a year and I can say that the fitness industry just feeds on the idiots.

Also, I've heard from tons of people that go vegan that they turn into uptight sensitive individuals. Nah, a man must be stoic until death. The less estrogen in my body the better.

6. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

We all know that most soybeans go to the animals and humans are on second place and our soy consumption is increasing. I don't see vegans police our consumption of soy but many of them are comfortable policing our consumption of animal products. I don't rally care if you consume soy, but if you do then don't give me lectures on dangers of air pollution
    because of our lifestyle. I don't see how vegan lifestyle is the best one for most of us and yet countries like India suffer from
    poverty and hunger and yet veganism is common lifestyle there.

7. Non-sequitur. Personality has nothing to do with the ideological principles of veganism. Do you have any arguments against veganism?

Do you eat dairy products? If so, then you're a hypocrite because milk contains a fuck ton of estrogen. Also, meat and animal products have isoflavones which activate estrogen receptors. And even though soy also has isoflavones, the amount of soy it would take to noticeably increase estrogen receptor activation is incredibly high. This is a non-argument.

Because most crop production goes to the animal farming industry. If animal farming was removed, we would need vastly less space in order to produce the same amount of food. One number I've seen is that only 1/12 of the current farmland would be needed if all farming was plant only.

India has the largest cow industry in the world by far. They are the #1 exporter of cows. And all of those cows are exported to be slaughtered in other countries. Furthermore, veganism is NOT common there. Vegetarianism accounts for 20-40% of the country according to Wikipedia. But why do they have so many cows? Dairy. Vegetarians eat dairy. So you can't make the connection that they are poor because they are vegan. If anything, veganism would reduce the poverty in India.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/869885/global-number-milk-cows-by-country/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism_by_country
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_India

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Sosuke Aizen likes this.
  8. Grow_out_of_it

Grow_out_of_it Fapstronaut

Question, do vegan people feed their pets vegan food or they don't have pets because they are animal lovers?
    I eat meat and I don't have hate animals. Although recently I have been thinking of giving up on eating poultry foods but still haven't made up my mind. I like eating fish but that's about it. I don't eat any other meat.
    I think you should not feel guilty about it as well.

James Duncan Halpert likes this.
  9. Vegans do not have a unilateral opinion on pets. Personally, I have decided never to buy a pet, since this contributes to overpopulation of animals. I don't really see a problem with adopting. In the case of dogs and cats, we euthanize about 1.5 - 2 million of them every year because no one wants to adopt them.

A lot of dogs and cats are killed in gas chambers, like this (WARNING, THIS VIDEO IS DISTURBING TO SOME PEOPLE):

Feeding pets meat is hypocrtical if you are a vegan. Dogs can be vegan. I don't think cats can, but I might be wrong.

Here is a video explaining why vegans don't eat fish.

You should feel guilty if you know it is wrong to do something, and still do it anyway. That was the case for me anyway. I feel guilty that my dog was purchased from a breeder, for example.

10. Envoy-ofthe-End

Envoy-ofthe-End Fapstronaut

Oh yes it does. Every single vegan male I've seen is a beta soyboy. Females on the other hand... it suits them more.

Using "morale" standards for food is backwards when people are so fucked up in their heads. Food chain exists, either you accept it or just stay in your fad diet box.

11. Ok milk boy. I guess your mom must be a cow if you drink cow milk as a grown man. You aren't engaging with any of the arguments I've presented, you just opt for ad hominems instead.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Steppingintotheunkown likes this.
  12. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

This so incredibly wrong, I pity those poor dogs forced to have a diet that isn't close to their ideal diet, and cats... whoever do that to cats just deserve to be starved to death like they do to the poor cat.

Facts don't care about your feelings mate, stop saying feeding your pets meat is hypocritical because you are a flower-eater, just get a freaking rabbit if you want to be somehow coherent and not being hypocritical while you are vegan and want a vegan pet, and still be caring about animals, jesus...

The sad about this, is that it looks like your reasons to be vegan, are not logical or factual, is an entirely emotional thing, that then you try to cover up with "facts" that suit your narrative.
    You won't even take seriously any argument we may bring up to you, you just dismiss it, and then even dare to claim your ideological standpoint is not self-righteousness.

The vegan ideology itself is logically flawed, therefore it doesn't matter how you want to strech it, It doesn't and it won't make sense, it can only being defended from a purely emotional standpoint.

You want facts?

Veganism, promotes an imbalanced Omega3-Omega6 Ratio, wich causes a higher baseline level of inflamation in the body overtime.
    Veganism, increases insuline resistance overtime.
    Veganism, provides a very inneficient nutrition, even it may be imbalanced without fortified foods.
    Veganism, although it may prevent some animals from dying, kills other animals on it's way, is logically flawed at his core, in your conquest of helping animals, you just swap the victims and make humans one of them, that's the equivalent of punching yourself in your face as a species.
    Can you survive on it? YES, we are freaking omnivore animals, is the best suitable diet for thriving? NO

How we treat animals is wrong? I agree, Animal industry is the equivalent to the 4th reich? Somewhat agree, Animal industry is nightmare material? I agree, Killing an excesive number of animal for the sake of pleasure is wrong? Absolutly agree, Is animal consumption itself wrong? No, Should I completly stop eating animal products? No

Your forefathers would slap you right back into sense...
    I was vegan myself, I'm not talking from hate, maybe you will be back into your senses in a bunch of years, or maybe not, just hoping the best for you, although you might don't like what I say...

13. Can you source any of these "facts"?

Here is some research which contradicts your arguments.

Insulin resistance:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5852765/
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15523486/

Sources of fatty acids:
    https://vegfaqs.com/vegan-omega-3-6-9/#:~:text=The Best Vegan Omega 3 and 6 Sources, 3.03 21 more rows

I am most interested in the last thing you said about veganism providing "very inefficient nutrition". Can you please back that up with evidence?

You can say this, but you haven't shown why this is the case. Point to the logical flaws of veganism, or why it doesn't make sense. Otherwise your claim is meaningless.

Also, I have avoided making emotional arguments this entire time. Point to one emotional argument I have made.

14. Steppingintotheunkown

Steppingintotheunkown Fapstronaut

Haha you have never seen me then

15. Steppingintotheunkown

This is how I think of it too. Here in my part of the world we have many baby calfs feeding off the mums at the moment, just like a human baby feeds off its mum. I'm not going to jump into the field and starting sucking the cows unders, that would be really weird. So I'm not going to drink milk either, I'm not putting all that estrogen into my body, no thank you.

Since going vegan iv more or less become an athlete, within a year. I can run 20+ miles and my body heals very quickly, the next day I'm good to go. Last year I was out of breath and feeling sick after 7 miles, I was on nofap at the time too, the only thing that's changed is I'm eating a healthy vegan diet.

The most disturbing video I have seen is the male baby chicks being blended alive. Oh and I have seen pigs eating each other, not because they are hungry but because the living conditions are so bad they snap and go insane, this is in the uk.

Not to mention the fecal matter that's in the meat too.

I'm vegan for life.

FellatiousD and The Passenger like this.
  16. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

First one is interesting, although as I said, overtime, no in a matter of 16 days, but years, too much beta cell stimulation isn't a good thing. Please read about beta-cell exhaustion, is a thing.
    I have this one at hand because i'm actually writing a book regarding the matter.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3712635/

Diabetes is rampant in my family, and I have spent my good time researching diabetes pathogenesis...

Second one, what point is it proving? More plants, less lipids, duh, nothing to do with the point.

The fatty acids one just proves my point, even the best sources of omega3 from the vegetal kingdom, have at the very least a 1:4 ratio with omega6, very common sources have astonishing 1:10-1:12, even animal sources don't get to 1:1, but are the closest ones, being the Ideal ratio 1:2 omega3 to omega6. And of course ALA is not EPA or DHA, yes, it can be converted, that brings me to the next point.

Hear me out please, I don't mean it cannot be a complete diet, specially since we have fortified foods, by ineficient what I mean is that requires more trace elements, vitamins, minerals and ATP for the different conversions in order to get everything the body needs. Hence ineficient.

I don't have to start surfing pubmed to spur some papers here for you, I know my metabolic routes, just do your own research, waste your time in order to get to know better as I had to do.

I say this with the best intentions, no aiming at fighting, what I said rabbithole, I meant it, just go deeper..

17. I don't think eating meat is really necessary anymore. All the good stuff that meat provides we can get in vegitarian/vegan options now. Meat production is very costly to the environment too.

The only reason I still eat meat is because it just tastes a lot better than the meat free alternatives and it's difficult to find decent options when out too. I lasted a month as a vegitarian then cracked because I seen a juicy steak that was delicious.

In terms of "loving animals", I wouldn't say I love all humans so I don't say I love all animals. Just individuals. Like my dog that died. I love him but I hate my neighbors dog.

Envoy-ofthe-End likes this.
  18. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Have you ever wondered why your brain tags something as "delicious" or why "likes flavours" to begin with?
    Molecules have no intrinsic flavour, is the reaction between our receptors and how the human brain is by default programmed to have some things be appealing to it and therefore seek those things and feed on them, is an evolutionary thing, then we have our abominations like donuts that tricks our brain, but in nature, as closest as less processed as possible, do you think those appeals are trivial? Just something to think about if you may.

19. Steppingintotheunkown

Roman gladiators lived almost exclusively on plant based diets

FellatiousD likes this.
  20. Hey congrats dude, glad to hear about your insane progress.