1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sexual arousal

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Destranix, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Destranix

Destranix Fapstronaut

Do you experience sexual arousal(e.g. erection, muscle tension in genital area, ...) while not experiencing sexual stimulation(e.g. phantasies, physical stimulation, ...) at the same time?

If yes, is this a "strong" feeling?

As I'm currently trying to figure out, if my sexual arousal is "normal".
    I do experience high sexual arousal like all the time, even while not experiencing sexual stimulation. I first thought that might just be due to me stopping masturbation(previously doing it all the time), but as it does not seem like others suffer the same way(ok, I haven't yet talked about it with anyone else) and generally others seem to have a low arousal, I started investigation and now got to that question.

2. wilder9117

wilder9117 Fapstronaut

if you feel horny a lot thts great. I think it means
    a. your xual energy doesnt really leave your balls, or maybe it doesnt have many other outlets.
    b. you just naturally may have higher energy there.
    Anyhow, i do consider finding some creative outlet, even if dont to much consider urself one. I was once horny as f so i wrote a poem bout it. Didnt really help to reduce the erection persay but it did give myself a new way to express desire.
    Also, highly recommen learning the microcosmit orbit. Its the one thing tht has helped me balance my energy, so even when im hard id rather not go straight on to express it via fappin, but do something more active. Also its a great way to enjoy ur arousal.
    Still, never try to supress urself. Never truly works in the end. Just create new outlets. Good luck.

Momakyet and Destranix like this.
  3. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

It can happen during reboot, it's your body gaining its sexual energy back, the opposite can happen too, less sex drive.

The body is starting to find a normal healthy balance.

4. Destranix

Destranix Fapstronaut

Well, no, it's not that great. As it is distracting and it tends to cause thought that I don't wanna think about.
    Sure, there might be moments, were this neural activity caused by arousal actually feels somehow good, but this is distracting and doesn't last for long.(and it requires constant tension of genital muscles and causes some sort of addiction. So all not good...)

Honestly, I'm not sure if I can compare, but till no I haven't really got a chance, so I'm trying to figure out, if this arousal is "normal", so that I can figure out if it will disappear or if I got to do other stuff to deal with it.

How long does that last? How often does it appear?
    And are aou sure that it's really "arousal" what you mean (as you mentioned "sex drive" what's something different)? And are you sure that this happens without any stimulation/phantasies?
    Is it "strong"?

Well, there are reasons why I don't trust my body doing this. That's why I have to understand, what's "normal" to check if it's working or not.

5. modern milarepa

6. modern milarepa

The energy or sexual arousal will not balance itself you need to directly channeled it, other wise it feels uncomfortable for me too

Perseverance 16 and Destranix like this.
  7. Destranix

Destranix Fapstronaut

The thing is, that I got that arousal even while not having any such thoughts. They might occur also and make the whole thing even harder, but arousal is present even while those fetish thoughts or whatever isn't.

I'm not interested in sex at all, so the first point might be hardly applyable for me.

I might have had at least one thought of something, that I'd call "sex", but that's nothing usable, it only works as "fetish thought" right at the moment and does not give me much of the actually desireable feeling of warmness, closenness, attatchment, ...

There is only this arousal, that iself doesn't bother me that much, but that may cause thoughts, which then bother me or maybe even lead to orgasmlike thing, that then throw me back to where I was before.(Okay, actually I'm not that sure what bothers me, at least not at the moment. I think this fetish thoughts and all that stuff keeps me from having that more desireable, beautifull romantic feelings. I'm not sure if this is connected to the whole masturbation and arousal stuff, but since I stopped, I made that much new experiences, and there are many to go; Also that arousal and fetish thoughts make me think the same manner all the time, not seeing any perspective to reach higher states.
    Okay I just...cannot really capture it. I started this and got reasons to do this, so I'm gonna keep doing it, making new experiences. Forward is the right direction, backward is what's left behind.)

What's the difference between those two?

I really don't know, what you mean by "energy".

(By the way, sorry for that little bit confuse part in brackets in that post, I lost concentration somewhen while writing, tried to add more information than just the things I thought before and saved in my memory, but that didn't worke well)

8. modern milarepa

Like the energy of lifting something heavy if you don't lift the object then it's just that energy inside of you, but once you lift the object it becomes brutal physical force

Sexual energy in it self is just that, sexual energy, but it can become sexual arousal and a hard penis for example.

metobefree and Destranix like this.
  9. Destranix

Destranix Fapstronaut

So that's just some kind of construct, trying to describe mental statechanges for people who rebooted? Cause I iirc don't got anything usable, just things that might correlate and do then maybe cover arousal by distracting me.

Erections occured for me in first weeks after I stopped, but now they don't seem to appear without me having fetish thoughts. And I don't know if they were connected to fetish thoughts in the first week.

So I don't understand where ther is the connection between that, what you call "energy" and arousal or errections.

So it's connected to muscle tension?

10. modern milarepa

Sex energy is like electricity man, it can turn light or it can electrocuted you.

You are making it hard, the point is you have this sexual energy and how are you going to deal with it?

If you don't like sexual energy to become sexual arousal, what I do is focusing on the energy just in the Dan tien a point 4 fingers below the navel so focus there for 15-30 minutes during meditation. And the energy will be balanced. No more discomfort or sexual arousal

You made this thread in the forum about sex transmutation that is why I talk about energy and meditation. And dealing with this feeling in a sex transmutation type of way. There are other methods you could try search it in other forum.

70hank and Destranix like this.
  11. Destranix

Destranix Fapstronaut

So that's a point where some things are noticeable, yeah. But I wouldn't call that "sexual energy". I'd have named this also somehow "arousal".

But I'll have to check this and do further experiments, this might play a role, but I can't tell you, which one. Maybe that's connected to arousal, maybe to oxytocin, maybe somehow even connected to other things.
    Today I got no physical arousal response(not yet), so no muscle contraction or prickling or whatever. But their is some weak sort of thing noticable at the point you describe and when I concentrate on it, I'm getting a very slight arousal response. (And now it faded I guess. or I just lost sensation of it. I'm possibly not in the right state currently to make experiments. My current mood is good at the moment, but maybe later that will change, so than I could maybe give that a try.)

But that whole thing might be interesting when thinking about what actually happens in your body, what actually causes this "sexual energy" you describe. And how exactly thise then gives you control about how to use this "sexual energy".(Maybe you know more about it? Or someone with more medical or bilogical knowledge reads this and can give an explanation?)

Yeah, sure. The thing is, that I need a king of more scientific kind of knowledge to fully capture and understand all that things. Some weird "energy" construct is nothing more than homeopathy, as long it's not connected to any sort of physiological, psychological or psycho-physiological effect.

Actually I started this thread to find out, if my experience of arousal is "normal". Did that in Abstinence forum, as I expect there to be people who got long time experience with arousal an can tell, if that's just an effect caused by retention.
    Unfortunatly this thread went off-topic, now talking about some other concept, that might sure be interesting, but doesn't help much regrarding my actuall intention.

We don't need to throw this new topic away, but maybe you, or others reading this thread, could give me some more information directly answering my initial question, about how much arousal they experience, that is not connected to any sort of phantasie or stimulation.
    (As it seems, in the last days, any such phantasie/fetish/erotic thoughts did only appear in the evening, although arousal was present the whole day before)

(By the way: I think I havent even fully understoud what "sex transmutation" means. If your "sexual energy" thing describes that, than we probably already are on a way, that helps me understand it.)

12. modern milarepa

Well, @Destranix I'm a man of science, I'm a physician, I could get into physiological comparisons of what energy is, but you see, it's not really that. If you want a full rational approach to your arousal and a way to effectively treat it. I don't know how, I have tried for years and only this way meditation and tantric sex have been 100%effective.

You can try pc and pelvic floor exercises, wait if this is just a flatline and the body is just adjusting to the reboot and it will pass on his on. Or having regular sex.

You let me know what rational merely physical effective treatment you find for the arousal.

Cheers

metobefree and Destranix like this.
  13. Destranix

Destranix Fapstronaut

That's something probably not helpfull for me as tension of that muscles is connected to arsousal already and therefore would possibly lead to more arousal. Also I think my pelvic floor muscles are well trained due to permanent masturbation before this thing started.

As said, I'm not interested in sex at most times or all times. I'm not even interested in masturbation, that's why I stopped.
    Sure that would be a treatment to "sexual energy" and arousal, but that's the path I left for reasons.

If I remember or if you ask me about some day in the future. Lately, relaxation of genital muscles(pelvic floor?) seemed to at least reduce specific effects of arousal. But as arousal gets stronger, there is not much control about that muscles anymore and/or when relaxing, ther's still some sort of arousal response, like prickling or feeling as if I'm at init of peeing or ejaculating.

I guess doing some physical work or sports could possibly reduce arousal, but I'm not sure about this.
    Also it's hard to differentiate between things that just distract and such, that really have an effect on cause or effect chain.

The thing is: I do see possible connections of high or permanent arousal with other symptoms or possible causes. Like I got to pee way to often and got a strange annoying feeling, that makes me want to stretch/tension/move (specific) body parts. As reasons I think that could be connected to my ADHD or my medicamentation, but as long I don't know, if this, what I experience, is "normal", I do not know if this is something, I'll have to live with or something, I should visit a doctor for. Unfortunatly I do not even really know, if this arousal lasts all the time, iirc it disappeared for several days during first weeks of retention or seems to be simply just completely disappear for different timespans(I mean, it was not present today morning, but now it's about to start being more present again), but at the moment I got the notion, that it's present all the time, what does not sound "normal" in any way. I could possibly life with it, sure, I also lifed with permanent masturbation before. But that would lead me somehow to similiar problems I had with permant masturbation, but possibly more annoying problems, as arousal is a more distracting thing than masturbation. (Maybe my permanent masturbation even was connected to permanent arousal? I know I was not aroused when being outside of my room, not doing masturbation. But I don't know, how this was earlier, I don't know, how this all started. What if I got permanet arousal and then started permanent masturbation, what then helped to reduce overall arousal to a point, where it was no longer much present, als long I did that permanent masturbation while being alone? But on the other hand, what if permanent masturbation somehow caused a permanent arousal disorder?)

Whatever, I need more information and need to do more investigation. I also hope, that fixing this arousal thing also helps me fixing other things or at least helps to be able to focus on other things, as it really distracts me sometimes.(Like at the moment I got to stop every few seconds, and then I tend to notice that arousal and then it might lead to a longer break till I'm able again to write another few words or sentences)

14. Destranix

Destranix Fapstronaut

Oh and there seems to be a connection between arousal and my bladder. After urination, there seems to be alittle bit less arousal noticeable. Bit it feels like the actual arousal is still there but simply not that noticeable.
    I'm not sure how to correctly set that in context to all that, as other persons here and/or elsewhere stated, that for them peeing also helps to reduce arousal.

15. wilder9117

wilder9117 Fapstronaut

what @modern milarepa says of the 'sexual energy' concept i think is foundational to understanding the mechanics of sexual arousal. I think youre overcomplicating a very very simple problem, and i can give you a correct solution either because im not dircetly involved, and also give you an incorrect solution because im not directly involved.
    Firstly, i do think you need to stop labelling it 'arousal'. Yes it is, but dont label it that. That limits your ability to understand it. I prefer to think it an 'expression'. Also if theres anything ive learned, sometimes your brain may misinterpret your objective. So it may be possible you telling your brain 'i dont want an erection' , your brain actually reads ' i DO want an erection' and thus the more you dont want it the more you get it. I dont know if you see too much sense in what i am saying but the basic idea is 'aim to miss'. Reverse your intention.
    Also. Read up on this 'sexual energy' keep talking about. Practices are great and all, but without understanding, youre like a fish trying to climb a tree cuz a monkey told him so.
    Best not to call frequent arousal 'ptoblem', not the best state of mind.
    Im sure this reply went much off topic, but i hoped it might be helpful to hear.

Destranix and metobefree like this.
  16. wilder9117

wilder9117 Fapstronaut

(this is mostly off-topic as well, but idk it any single part of it may help.)
    for your exact question, my arousals are noticebly more frequent and harder, but not ideally distracting. They might have been a time before, but my earlydays of semen retention are a bit foggy of details.
    Learn 'the microcosmic orbit' . I was horny a fuck this morn, i did two things,
    i massaged my balls, i really wanted to masturbate, so i did. But i didnt stroke. No visuals. Not sure if this is entirely helpful but does show you have a choice on how to use this arousal.
    Second, i used 'microcosmic orbit', and sent this arousal to all of my body. For me, when i do tht, my arosal just makes more SENSE. I can sit there and keep strokin, but id rather not. So its helped me a lot other days when im just sittin on the couch lookin at my erect penis and wondering what to do with it, i can otherwise exercise or create art or write a poem. Just more enlivining things.

Destranix likes this.
  17. Yes, it's not possible to not think of an elephant...
    Abstractly I think of the whole thing as of a black box with some inputs and outputs. Inputs are your thoughts, you hormonal setting, physical impulses (like the bladder or being touched) and and and... The output is what may be called sexual energy. If this energy gets greater than a certain level this is in my opinion arousal, we get an erection. So this is my simple model to understand what goes on.

Destranix likes this.
  18. Destranix

Destranix Fapstronaut

That seems to be helpfull. Then using my "sexual energy" in an other way simply means using the things that actually lead to arousal in an other way. So yeah, that might be something I'll have to try out.

metobefree likes this.
  19. Destranix

Destranix Fapstronaut

It's a funny thing. Like I was aroused a few minutes ago. Got bored by what i did, and started to hear music. During hering music, I started to move, as I often do that. This got more and more and I had more and more urge to move. Well and now, after that, the arousal completely disappeared.
    So it seems like excessive movement of the right muscles seems to reduce arousal at least sometimes for me.(This was not the first time this helped)

But I don't know how this is tranferable to other people. I mean, people here and otherwhere said, the'd do sports to reduce arousal, but afaik for them that does not help much.
    Also I don't think that this is something I really can controll. It's not like I'm that hyperactive moving every time I heare music, only sometimes, like their has to be a different thing that actually initiates the process that in the end leads to reduced arousal.(And I'm really wondering what that might be. It's probably not "adrenalin" as I do not experience a raised hearthrate or other things connected to increased adrenalin release. Maybe some dopamin thing, as dopamin seems to be known for causing urge for muscle tension and such things and is actually the mayin actor in ADHD. But that doesn't help much as Dopamin is involved in that much things, that a more precise explanation is needed to understand what happened)

20. Maybe dancing is better to reduce arousal than just running because it distracts not only your body but also your thoughts...
    For me it surely works.

Destranix likes this.