1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship!!! :)

Happy New Year!!!! :D :)

yes, i believe this year will be a changing year in our life´s :). Much has been learned and now we will reap what has been harvest :)

As for me, last night i slipped a bit on the alcohol and sugar department. but nothing serious, no drunkness. on the other hand the desire for PMO was totally washed away. Even late at night i came across triggering pictures on TV, and skip them. so indeed my less tight aproach to other sources of high stimulation (sugar, alcohol), reduced my inner pressure and tendency to escape.

Great day so far :), done all my good habits. basically relaxed at home, keeping it light. I´m watching the lord of the rings - the fellowship of the ring (extended edition) to salute the new year!!
    I guess the lord of the rings trilogy are really christmas-new year movies!! :D i also watch it to make a good omen for this year ;) :D

Another good omen is that i become hobbit today!! first of January, talking about a right start :D :D :D

Have a great day my brothers and sisters!!! :) And a great Year ahead!!!! :D :) Checking out.

“The world has changed.
    I see it in the water.
    I feel it in the Earth.
    I smell it in the air.
    Much that once was is lost,
    For none now live who remember it.”

2. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Tonight I went on a walk with my daugher instead of sitting by the computer. Today I'm feeling stronger and more determined to succeed. Happy New Year to all of you fellows.

3. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

4. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

3 days water fast
    if you can control the need to eat you can control the need to nut

I just finished 3 days water fast it was more difficult, I think it's becuase I have already low body fat. The 7 days water fast 2 months ago was more easy I had more fat and it was like my body and mind wanted to fast. It was a rest.

This fast was more hard, it took more effort and energy. Even do I was still able to be productive and do 3 hours of dancing a day.

Right now eating fruits and then eggs and finally chicken. I feel some type of body dissociation it's like my body doesn't know if it's fasting or eating. Still adapting to eat again. But overal feeling much better now.

I think fasting is a great way to regenerate your brain, mental fow dissapears and helps in creating neuroplasticity. Also it takes toxins out of your body and unnecessary body fat, it cleans your skin and it helps to control sexual impulses.

5. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

Day 0, but in a good way.

This past year had been crazy, but it was a huge win when I look at it in the right perspective.

I’ve posted in the success story sub-form for the first time in my life because even though I’ve never even been an Elf, I still feel like a winner.

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?t...o-success-–-a-year-in-nofap-community.324211/

In the past couple of days I had way too many fishing moments so I’ve decided to have a clean record for the new year and restart the counter. But I’ve also bought a new calendar and I can’t wait to mark every single day of this year with a great big X.

Happy new year everyone. May we all celebrate 2023 as Dwarf-Kings.

2021_year_noFap.jpg

Attached Files:

6. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

47-Elf:emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    With some breaks I slept till like 4pm today:D
    Done big chunk of quests, played some nice board games, yeah this day was full of chillin’ with some room for strength training.
    —Side Quests—
    :emoji_non-potable_water:NoAlcohol - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_lifter:Workout - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_shower:ColdShower - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_watermelon:HealthyDiet - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_chart_with_upwards_trend:Learning - Fail :emoji_x:
    :emoji_atom:SideProject - Fail :emoji_x:
    :emoji_blush:Gratitude - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_yin_yang:Meditation - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_no_mobile_phones:NoYoutube - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_hourglass:PhoneLimit - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_om_symbol:Perfect_Streak: :emoji_x:

7. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 1

It’s been a whole year since I first attempted rebooting! A lot has changed since then, but a lot has also stayed the same - it is my intention that on 1st January 2023 I can hopefully say that I’ve had a year without PMO.

I’ll be doing this reboot on hardcore, no excuses. Wishing you all the best in your journeys - time to head to the Shire!

8. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Hapoy New Year to you too!
    Lets make this year the right one.
    First day of year finished clean!

9. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Late night check in. All is well.

10. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

11. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

Day 21!
    I was in a family trip, so I was distracted. The urges wasen't strongh in these days. Keepings strongh and trying to work on the best version of myself.

12. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

check in
    I wish you all a joyful, successful and peaceful happy New Year :) May your all wishes come true :)

13. MellotronScratch

MellotronScratch Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

On my first day of the year I've reached 70 days, I have become a warrior of Gondor, suddenly, I open the new year with hope and promises of overcoming this awful addiction, and I hope everyone here is having the same experience, take this as a year of opportunity, a year when we finally go outside and we overcome our anxiety and depression. Today you have no excuse to not meet new people, to not excersice your body through it's limits, to not walk on the wild side of life.
    Happy New Year fapstronauts, remember... Today you will not masturbate, because you will not need to, today life's good.

14. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

Here we go, after a few crazy weeks in December, I'm back on the saddle since the 17th.

So day 16 for me,
    A Hobbit again :)

15. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

checkin in day 5 !
    First day of the year was great - I went for an early long walk outside to a beautiful natural spot (lake with forest around) and enjoyed it there many hours (hello Dopamine). I wrote down a lot of things I wanna change in this year and today I'll write the first steps towards it.
    Anyways Day 4-6 is hardest (or was hardest for me in previous attempts) and yesterday I was only a few steps away from relapsing. Urges went high this morning too. But I will stay strong now - too important now to stay focused!! And thats what I am!

Hope u all had some nice start or if not will have one today!
    Stay strong.

16. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 314 no PMO. Got outside a good bit with my family yesterday. I even substituted a cold swim (55 degree water) with my kids for my normal cold shower. After the initial shock it actually felt amazing. Also took a sunset walk with my wife and in-laws. Great start to 2022! This could be our year!!!

17. happah

happah Fapstronaut

I want in :)
    Check in sunday

18. RiseToGreatness

Yeah, thank you bro :). I´m feeling a lot more optimistic now. in the past weeks i was really feeling hopeless. And now i do believe again, i believe i can overcome my addiction, and be permanently free from PMO.

Let´s do this my brother. All together!!! :emoji_fist::emoji_fist: Happy New Year!!!!

19. RiseToGreatness

Congratulations brother!! :) you spoke like a true Warrior of Gondor ;). Let´s go!!!!!

20. RiseToGreatness

And here you go again, good luck my brother!!! ;)

bilbo 2.gif