The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JEBF

JEBF Fapstronaut

Checking in! All good so far.

You guys have a great weekend!

2. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Yes, a bad night for me begins waking up at this hour, an urge very difficult to resist because I still am almost sleeping. If I relapse or not the result is the same. Is difficult for me to return to sleep again and then I wake up many times. But this begins with this suddenly waking up at 3 am

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  3. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

The way that us deal with this thing is unique to us. If it works for you go ahead. And thanks for sharing because this could help to more than one.

4. soggs1

soggs1 Fapstronaut

Day 8 today, joining this challenge too because there's more activity. Brain feels less fried and feeling happy this morning. It'd be great one day when all these pathways the brain wired would become undone. It's frustrating to think how much space your wasting in your brain to keep this addiction and how much potential it wastes. What if all that energy and focus was used on something productive? Let's see if we can break the cycle permanently and how far we can go in life. Goal 1000 days.

5. Snus9

Snus9 Fapstronaut

Checking in day 37!

Happy friday! Just got out of quarantine - heading for a climbing session with some friends. I'm so excited. Have a lovely day :)

6. Checking in - day 7 [to-be 8].
    So far it has been going smoothly... which scares me. Reading everyone's stories and tips do calm me a bit, makes me feel prepared for once the urges kick in more intensively. Good day everyone :)

7. Checking in! Coming up on day 8! Previous days were anxiety/stress ridden over nothing.

8. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

4 days
    Still an Orc but thats ok. I accept and love myself with all my mistakes :)

9. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

Day 5!
    I was really busy this week. I have some visits in my house, so most of my free time is to be with them. Broke with the girl that I was dating since a year ago. I feel sad but I know that was a good desition. Something that I will miss about her (not just that) is that she is really beautiful, but now I know that a body is not as important like other things.

Keeping out of social networks, working out and sleep my hours. Tying to focus in my job and personal projects. Keeping strong!

10. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 176 & 177

Almost out of quarantine. I really want to meet new people lol.

11. NewLifeForGood86

NewLifeForGood86 Fapstronaut

12. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Day 77checking in. Feel depressed today. At some point through the day I just wished to disappear into nothingness maybe I should have had a good drink, but I just binged on Stiven Seagal's movies whilst munching cashews and walnuts,...I know it's shit too but on the other hand I could have binge drink myself into oblivion...and maybe I should have done so

13. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Do you know why you got this unexpected negativity? Probably the best you can do is to try to observe why you feel like this, and offer this pain to God, if you can.

14. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 29

Felt quite down this morning which made it difficult to get out and about, but once I was in town and chilling in my favourite coffee shop all was well. When I got back home I felt some urges begin to form, but managed to push them back and focus on relaxing with my housemates. Went to my first live rugby game this evening and it was absolutely fantastic, a great distraction from PMO and the thrill of the crowd was something I’d love to experience again - plus we won!

15. No way! I used to play rugby as a kid.

16. I relate to the feeling. I’m trying to give up alcohol in 2022 after a rough holiday season. Being free of PMO for nearly a month is amazing but some of underlying desires and self-told lies still remain. I hope the best for you and hope you are able to escape the negative thoughts.

17. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Day 12: My mind is playing games with me. I had a dream that I was MO in the street in front of everyone and nobody paid attention, I only thought what am I doing? And woke up. No wet dream, no urges, very strange indeed.

Today I watched it with my kids The Lord of the Rings 1. Was good to recognize some avatars and pictures there. Also, I saw better the match with the ring and PMO.

Have a good day

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Fapstronaut

19. Anon117

Anon117 Fapstronaut

Day 1. I've become an Orc. Last time I'm writing that.

20. Day 8 complete! I feel stronger and faster but I'm still a slave to the PMO ring. A desire arises to break free from its chains.

Good stuff today: I got to sleep in just a bit and checked off all the goals I set for myself including running, calling my parents, playing chess with friends, and spending time in creative writing. My reward for staying up late last night to do a bunch of homework was that I didn't have to worry about any of it today. There were a few urges but it felt much easier than usual to say no to them and move on to other things. I'm going to hang on to this feeling, this power, and remember to continue calling upon God and His angels in the future when I'm tempted.

For what it's worth, munching on cashews and walnuts sounds like a much, much better choice than drinking yourself into oblivion. I hope that tomorrow will be brighter for you, with a clearer sense of the love and peace that comes from Our Lord.

St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us!