Milk and dairy is bad or good for you?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Kairose, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Hey guys I started intermittent fasting and I'm liking it. Now I added no sugar to the diet. The thing is I love chocolate and sweet things lol. So I think I replaced, and I might be a little obsessed, with sweetened (with stevia) milk and derivatives like yogurt, cream, cappuccino, etc.

How bad is this? Should I quit this way of eating?

27_CHRIS_REDFIELD_27 likes this.
  2. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

Dairy is an excellent source of nutrients and fat, I don't get either why people label it as bad and unnatural. Don't be afraid of natural fats, they are very good for you.
    Regarding the sugar, avoid it at all costs, it is poison, I like it too but it's bad

3. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yogurt, milk, cream and butter are all good for you. I guess you could get carried away with massive indulgence. But as a part of your diet, it is no problem. I choose semi-skimmed milk because it tastes the best to me and I prefer single cream.

Persistent4ever and Kairose like this.
  4. +Masculinity

+Masculinity Fapstronaut

It depends if you can digest milk. First Nations people and Africans (or descendent) for example, are more likely to be lactose intolerant to some degree. This is because they come from geographical regions that didn't have as much access to milk, especially cows milk, and so they never had the evolutionary pressure Europeans had to develop adult lactase (enzyme that digests lactose). For these people they should actually ignore the recommendation of drinking milk because it will cause them more long-term issues than any health benefit they might get.

Interestingly, this is actually a good example of systemic oppression. The way our system is set up, it is more likely that health research will be conducted on samples that are mostly if not exclusively white. As such, these individuals will be more likely to respond well to dairy. If we then give recommendations to all populations, regardless of race, then we are actually giving recommendations that are more likely to have negative consequences on people of a certain race.

No racism going into the system via individual racists, but the effect of the system is one that has consequences based on race. As such, the effect of the system could be considered racist.

silex_jedi and Kairose like this.
  5. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Thank you guys! I'll keep drinking and eating milk products and see what happens lol

Persistent4ever and A Conqueror like this.
  6. West Man

West Man Fapstronaut

Yeah it's really good for you if it's raw unpasteurized

Anders17, Kairose and A Conqueror like this.
  7. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Diary is good but in moderation. When I was kid I used to drink pint of milk (0.5L) every single day for over 10 years because my mom genuinely thought it is good for my bones and my growth. 10 year later I have developed severe milk allergy and now I cannot digest milk properly at all. True story.

Persistent4ever likes this.
  8. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

This may not be related. For instance, gastroenteritis can strip the bowel of lactase (enzyme). If so, you will not tolerate the lactose (sugar) in dairy products.

9. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

I am fine with lactose, no issue for me. I am intolerant to casein (it of one of two milk proteins, the other is called whey to which I am not allergic).
    It was told me by the doctor that it was most like due to overconsumption of milk and that I need to stop doing that. My body was not able to handle that amount over years, got fed up with it and started to fight back.

10. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Oh, that's a bummer. :( Milk products are so nice.

11. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

I think dairy builds up mucus in the body. Im trying to take up a fruitarian diet, only fresh fruits, a bit of leafy and fresh vegetables and sometimes nuts but ,its very hard.

12. I don’t believe in calling foods bad; I think it’s best to ask if they are beneficial in reaching your goals; meaning, are they helping you towards your dietary/fitness/health goals? If they’re not helping you, then I would drop them.

13. Lets first remind ourselves that the way you get milk is by inseminating a cow and then to steal the baby cow from the mother when it is born, while milking her mercilessly. If the baby happens to be a boy it might not become many months old before it is killed for meat, and if it's a girl it will suffer the safe faith as her mother.

If you're ok with that, yeah, milks ok. Altho I don't believe it's necessary to get extra calories via fluids, unless you're underweight. It just seems like a really poor idea if you're overweight.

14. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

That is very pathetic look on it and just be crystal clear I am completely ok with it. Eventhough I am not very ok with milk for alergy reasons and I still big fan of whey that is created from milk.

My look on it is that cows are strongly indebted to human because without them they wouldnt be alive at all.
    There is estimated 1 Billion cows in the world whereas any other animal that do not benefit humans rarely reach population over half million (for example 450k american bizon or 400k african buffallo in the world).
    Simply without humans 999 499 999 cows would never even be alive and nothing - including this opportunity to be alive - is given free in the world.

15. Pathetic? Well, thanks, you too.
    So the point of life is to be alive? If we hypothetically bred humans for meat instead of cows those humans would be indebted to us for this incredible chance to be alive that they wouldn't have had otherwise?

16. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Thank you for the public service message, SJW.

Milk is good stuff. I drink a lot of it. Never caused me any problems. "Milk, it does the body good." "Got milk?"

RoGL17Q2MoMsw08 likes this.
  17. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Boohoo.

18. I'm not even saying that you need to care or passing judgement, so why exactly you feel a need to reply to me condescendingly, I'm not clear on.

19. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

I wasn't being condescending. I was crying - over the plight of those poor, poor cows.

RoGL17Q2MoMsw08 likes this.
  20. berylliumwages

berylliumwages Fapstronaut

Your avatar is ironic. I guess in the universe of the Matrix, the endless fields of people should have been grateful to the machines growing them.