Post published by _overcomer_

I really need to have love for God's words, the bible... I often don't have the love for it, and don't want to read it :(
Bearish more_vert
Bearish
Then start with the best part: the Good News,
Bearish more_vert
Bearish
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John!
_overcomer_ more_vert
_overcomer_
You know, I try to read every day...but i often just do it, don't like it :(
Templarius likes this.
Templarius more_vert
Templarius
Did you try apocalypse?
Templarius more_vert
Templarius
And? Compared to the other gospels
HappyDaysAreHereAgain more_vert
HappyDaysAreHereAgain
I like your honesty. At times it isn't easy to read the Bible. Have you tried listening to an easy to read version, like the Message. BibleGateway.com has audio for many versions. As to what to read, I would want to know more about you.
Greyborne, Templarius and _overcomer_ like this.
_overcomer_ more_vert
_overcomer_
I tryied to write you (HappyDaysAreHereAgain) a message...it doesn't worked...
Bearish more_vert
Bearish
Oh, man. Don't send the poor guy to the Revelation to John for daily devotional reading! It requires too much history of the persecution of the secon-century Church to interpret.
Templarius likes this.
Bearish more_vert
Bearish
It talks a lot about our theology and ecclesiastical organization in secret code. The churches of the period knew exactly what it meant, but they were thick in the midst of Roman extermination.
Bearish more_vert
Bearish
It's very powerful, but too many people think that because it's cryptic, it MUST be some prediction of the future.
Bearish more_vert
Bearish
"Who are these, robed in white, and where have they come from?...These are they who have come out of the Great Ordeal...and have washed their clothes white in the blood of the Lamb!"
Bearish more_vert
Bearish
Great stuff, but not to be read without a guide.
Templarius more_vert
Templarius
@bearishDGS I was distant from the B, the only thing atracted me was the Apo. There is no need to know theology or history of religion. Its poetical, symbolic, and incredibly rich formal structure invites to meditate it, in itself, perfectly
Templarius more_vert
Templarius
@bearishDGS I perfectly understand what you mean, but the Bible not only the Apo, makes a place also not for only reading with your mind and knowledge but for understanding the Word with your heart.