1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by primaljade

For a "sex-positive, science-based" website, it feels like we're totally outnumbered by folks that think masturbation is totally immoral, sex is wrong outside of marriage, and Chinese medicine psuedoscience.

I get tired of reading all these posts that I may be giving up bothering trying to help guys... Am I the only science-educated man on this site?
夜神月 more_vert
夜神月
What did you do your PhD in? Just curious since you said you're science-educated.
夜神月 more_vert
夜神月
I'm just being snarky :). I agree about the alternative and spiritual people being annoying.
primaljade likes this.
Gettingbetter23 more_vert
Gettingbetter23
I think masturbation is moral, sex outside marriage is not wrong, and I can't give my opinion about Chinese medicine because I don't know anything about it.
MrDetermination more_vert
MrDetermination
I have questions about these posts: Are they that numerous? Do they just mention the idea or do they try to impose it on the readers?(In that case, I think the rue
MrDetermination more_vert
MrDetermination
I have questions about these posts: Are they that numerous? Do they just mention the idea or do they try to impose it on the readers?(In that case, I think the rules of the website specify against that,but I haven't checked)
夜神月 more_vert
夜神月
Titles of a few posts on here: "Best way to trasmute sexual energy??", "The Power of this Great Cosmic Force - check this and comment", "Value Of Semen ( One drop of semen is manufactured out of forty drops of blood) "
primaljade more_vert
primaljade
@MrDetermination yes, I think they're numerous. They usually just state the idea, and a bunch of people will agree, and then newbies come in and believe the dogma. Unfortunately I think this sets up newbies for failure.
_jeremy_ more_vert
_jeremy_
Thank you. I'm not here because I think masturbation is wrong or disgusting, I'm here because I have a problem. Before I found this group and your comment I was worried this site was dominated by the religious who think sex is somehow immoral and unnatural. I am looking for an accountability partner if you or anyone who sees this comment is interested:)
Lanceinator more_vert
Lanceinator
I agree. I'm not rebooting because I think masturbating is imoral. I'm rebooting so that I can enjoy masturbation in a better, more intentional way after my 90 day reboot, but everyone else I've spoken to is trying to give it up for good, which I think is unrealistic and unnecessary.
Lovinglife 21102 likes this.
Yarn more_vert
Yarn
You are right, there are lots of people who believe in all sort of strange things. Last time I was turned off form idea of rebooting after I had read some of the post you've mentioned/ But I guess this is not the place to question their believes. We should welcome them and wish them luck on their journey. Just stay positive about it and focus your attention towards the rational part of this site (like this group). It's nice that you have brains to sort the facts from the fiction - it means that you are really determined to get rid of PMO habit and doing it for a good reason, not just because you are afraid of hell or something.