1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by stands to reason

1 John 2 King James Version (KJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Be not deceived for those who sin and ask for forgiveness over and over without every gaining spiritual fruit. Those who visit Group Christian Fapstronauts, believing they are safe in Christ who honestly are blatantly rejecting God's teaching of PMO/sexual sins (in reality; rebellion) remain trapped and in danger of damnation. The 4 RULES to End Sexual sin are sound biblical principles shortened from a KJV Bible. They are saving [Stands To Reason] and are offered in this Group; make them yours for they contain your answer the Holy Spirit wants to free you from your torment. God bless you this day. ~ :emoji_lion_face:
ndrew and Tao Jones like this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
1 John 2 follows from the intro in 1 John 1, which I think is worth quoting at least in part: "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us." These verses appear just before the quotation in the OP. So, we all sin, but John hopes that we will walk in the light of Christ and stop! But, if we do not, Jesus is there to be our advocate with the Father.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
The MAIN thing (and I apologize if I am beating this drum too often and too loudly, but I think there may be some confusion here and so it cannot be clarified often enough) is that we know and love Jesus. It is *not* our performance or our behavior that saves us. It is Jesus himself, and him alone. We thrive as we remain vitally connected to him. As we learn to trust him and rely on his strength, our actions *will* change, but that often happens *after* we grow in love for Christ. None can boast in their own righteous activity. That is never what saves us.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
In Ephesians 2, we read: "God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it." Let us not forget that. Now, with that settled, it *is* good to desire closer connection with Christ, and the 4 Rules that our friend and brother @stands to reason has posted *are* helpful for that. But they do not form the foundation of life in Christ. Only Jesus himself can serve in that role. Nothing else -- and nothing else is needed.
Morningmistanew likes this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
(As an aside, the context of 1 John 2 is important to note. In the original context, the "sin" John appears to be referring to is disunity and a lack of fellowship in the Body. Worldly things [incl. the lust of the flesh and the eyes] are mentioned later, but here the intent seems to be discussing our relationships with one another and not erring there. I think that context is helpful and very important for us to consider. Let all we say and discuss here be said with the utmost care and concern for one another and out of a deep and abiding love for Christ's best for each one!)
Morningmistanew likes this.
alpha.buddy more_vert
alpha.buddy
I think many of the people here are NO PMO, with many looking for an AP, or a no PMO buddy to chat with. This is a fellowship for strength and encouragement. At least that is why I am here.
st831, Morningmistanew and Tao Jones like this.
st831 more_vert
st831
Where is "rule number one" in the Bible?