1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Jerky

Today i passed a man asking for money. He was standing by the entrance of the store, holding the door for people and asking for money as they entered and exited. When i saw him i didn't go into the store. This is the second time in 2 weeks i've passed him up. I used to give but i no longer do that.

This bothered me today and i thought of going back to him but i chose not to. I am seeking guidance for the right action in this situation. Does anyone have any advice as to how i should handle this next time?
Deleted Account likes this.
EquitableMove more_vert
EquitableMove
If you are convicted and you have something to give then you know the answer. God bless.
HigherPower72 and Jerky like this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Listen to the Spirit and do what he says. But *really* listen. Is it conviction or guilt? One comes from the Spirit; the other comes from you. There are legitimate reasons not to simply give money. Maybe give this person some time instead? Maybe take him to lunch and get to know his story? Why is he begging and not working? What does a life well lived look like for him? How did he end up in his current situation? Giving money might make things worse! You don't know until you know. The right answer in this and all cases is the same: Love!
Deleted Account and Jerky like this.
Prince83 more_vert
Prince83
if you say “I chose not to” then you already made your decision. You judged the situation already. If you don’t like the judgement call you made, Next time, make a different one.
Jerky, Deleted Account and Tao Jones like this.