1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by rwilli62

Guys, feeling awful today. Cold won't go away and relapsed w/ P. Bible says lust is the crime/change your thoughts/doesn't work. Therapist says sex thoughts are natural/tend to emotions and addiction will improve "harm reduction" Doesn't work either. I'm a Christian and also a therapist. Feel like I'm a failure at both today.
rwilli62 more_vert
rwilli62
Worse I can't decide who to talk to about this. Talk hurts my wife. Christians give dumb advice like just pray and put up phone blocks. Therapists say sex addiction doesn't exist. I think someone out there sees how these two can go together, tired of deciding "which side" to pick when neither has helped me feel better about myself.
Bob385 more_vert
Bob385
There is always hope. But first decide who you are going to serve in order of importance. Will it be therapy doctrine or God? If God, then put Him and his word first and foremost even if this seems to contradict other sources. "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matt6:33 …"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body.
Deleted Account likes this.
SAL_VI more_vert
SAL_VI
Sorry brother. Praying for you. Yes it hurts your wife but perhaps you guys should plan together about killing this sin. I.e putting filters on everything, or getting rid of unecessary devices. Kill any outlet.

Also pray and find someone who can keep you accountable... not just someone like you said will tell you to just pray about it but talk it over with you.

Plus we’re all here in nofap to bear each other’s burdens and encourage one another. God bless you. Feel better!
rwilli62 more_vert
rwilli62
So wife has helped with the outlets actually, which is good and our couples therapist is willing to meet with me individually to talk about this. He's Christian therapist. Going to go home early today and call church about getting somebody to talk to about this.
SAL_VI likes this.
SAL_VI more_vert
SAL_VI
@rwilli62 Good to know, stay in touch! Be encouraged. The more it's put out in the light, the better!
frogs2345 more_vert
frogs2345
Remember, your suffering is not pointless. God tests us to make us stronger. To sharpen a blade, you must first temper it by heating it, then quenching it. Then you have to check it with a file to see if it is hard. All of this stuff puta stress on the steel. Sometimes it even breaks. If it breaks, it means the steel was not right for the conditions.
frogs2345 more_vert
frogs2345
So what happens when the steel is not right? You melt it down, take out the impurities, add alloy metals, and try again. God does the same with us every day. God file checked me today. I was alone for a large part of the day and did not give in. You will be soon hard enough to withstand the toll life takes and will stay sharp. God will not give up on you.