1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Timetoquit78

“I hear you whisper underneath your breath
I hear your SOS, your SOS

I will send out an army
To find you in the middle of darkest night
It’s true
I will rescue you”

This is a song by Lauren Daigle, called Rescue. I’ve heard it a ton, but for some reason this morning, I listened to the words. It’s like Jesus was talking to me. I wanted to post it here for in case someone here needs some encouragement. When you are struggling or feeling helpless, just think of Jesus sitting beside you and speaking these words to you: “There is no distance that cannot be covered”. “You’re not defenseless, I’ll be your shelter, I’ll be your armor”. “I’ll never stop marching to reach you in the middle of the hardest fight, it’s true, I will rescue you”
Youyoung, teece, Craig Values and 3 others like this.
CI-MA more_vert
CI-MA
I appreciate. I have a similar, more mondane favorite song, from the German version of „Prisonbreak“. It is just as encouraging to endure and become rescued finally. The words go „I‘ll get you out, hold it out some more“ and also „keep humble, boy, say a prayer“ at a different line of „Prisonbreak Anthem“. This is what keeps the hope alive, be it in the middle of the night, winter, hardship, captivity or addiction.
Timetoquit78, teece and Tao Jones like this.
frogs2345 more_vert
frogs2345
Another good one is Guns//Napoleon by John Mark McMillan. It talks about how Jesus takes over our life like Napoleon conquered Europe. The chorus says "You keep coming on, like Napoleon. And I'll lose my head at dawn, in the bloody revolution" God seeks to take over our lives, and when we die to ourselves this happens.
Timetoquit78 likes this.