1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Dreyshady

Good afternoon family,
I feel like there is no point coming back here as I keep failing everyone, myself and God. I haven't been here for a while cause I managed to go over a month without PMO.
I stayed up reading and I closed the book the sleep but then I felt restless and tired, I have been so busy during those times I hadn't PMO’d but now that I wanted a little rest, I fell again, and this morning I woke up feeling disgusted with myself and deciding there was no point I PMO’d again!
Like I have said earlier, I try to read scripture almost every day but I pray every day. I always feel like I'm growing in Gods word, understanding things that I didn't, but this part of me, this perverted part this twisted part always gets me either once in a month or 2 weeks or 3 months, it's dragging me back. It makes me feel like I am not even growing in Gods word at all! I feel like I am running a defeated race already! It's draining mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
I know when I PMO’d it affects me for weeks, I get so depressed, but I still go back to it.

Why can't I fight this war to save myself and my future, along with my future spouse and children! What am I doing wrong! I Don't know what to do anymore! If to pray, if to read Gods word, If to just lock myself in my room and speak to no one and cry my lungs out! I WANT TO STOP THIS! I want to walk in the strength of Gods spirit and win this war but I feel too weak.

I am going to try and do a check-in every day here, just to maybe say Hi. Please I ask that you all bear with me. This has taken just about 7years of my life and still wants to take more! I ask that you all pray for me.
Iohannes more_vert
Iohannes
I will pray for you for sure.
Kemar935 and Dreyshady like this.
Soldier of Christ more_vert
Soldier of Christ
Take it easy my friend. The path to holiness is continuous and progressive and we are sanctified through the word of truth which is the word of God. We are transformed through daily contemplation of the person of Christ. God is honored for your best effort, but our strength is limited. He does what man cannot do on his own. We need to suffer in this fight against sin and temptation in order for us to become obedient. We are perfected in obedience through suffering. Christ himself suffered being tempted. Do not despair, victory over sin is assured in Jesus Christ. You have to keep giving your heart to him every day. I'll be praying for you.
Kemar935 and Dreyshady like this.