1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Henryforward

2 Chronicles 20. (Amp)
Also just some key points so go have a read for yourself!

The Moabites and the Ammonites have decided to make war against King Jehosaphat.
A great multitude is reported.
Then Jehoshaphat was afraid and set himself [determinedly, as his vital need] to seek the Lord: and he proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.(v3)

Then all the people gathered together in the area of the new courtyard. And Jehoshaphat stood and prayed.
His prayer begins with praise then recognizing their (everyones) own desperate need before their enemies and also their desperate need for God to save them. And then ends with
'O our God, will you not judge them? For we are powerless against this great multitude which is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.

We do not know what to do but our eyes are on you.

Then following on in v14 the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah.

He said listen carefully, all you people The Lord says this to you:
Be not afraid or dismayed at this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but The Lord's.
He then tells them where to go and assemble.
And v17 is a favorite of mine and I recommend you memorize it.
You need not fight in this battle, take your positions, stand and witness the salvation of the Lord who is with you. O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not fear or be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them for the Lord is with you.

Then Jehoshaphat bowed with his face to the ground and all the people fell down before the Lord and worshipped him.
The next day they all got up early and went out and Jehoshaphat stood and said.
Hear me, O Judah, and you inhabitants of Jerusalem! Believe and trust in the Lord your God and you will be established (secure)

Then they all praised God and sang to the Lord. (Worship)
Praise and give thanks to the Lord, for his mercy and loving kindness endures forever!

Then as they sang the Lord set ambushes against the enemies and to my understanding they got paranoid v23 (suspecting betrayal) rose up against each other and destroyed one another.
Then when the men of Judah arrived to the lookout tower they looked towards the multitude and behold there where dead bodies lying everywhere!

They praised God even when it seemed impossible to face this enemy.
They leaned not on their own understanding but chose to trust God.
How often do we looking back at our own failures get clouded with fear and doubt and then just refuse to believe that God is able to win whatever it is we are struggling with or whatever giant we may be facing.
Three weapons to use against the devil and his schemes.
Prayer
Praise
Proclamation

I got these points from Derek Prince. He emphasises the power in proclaiming scripture out loud. And I completely agree.
For an example.
For God has not given me a spirit of fear but one of love and of power and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7
I urge you hoard up the word of God into your heart. That when the battle comes and it will you may be able to combat whatever it is with the infallible unfailing unchanging word of God.

Your word I have written in my heart that I might not sin against you.

Psalm 119:11

In my own struggles with lust and bad thinking I have learned that by replacing our own sinful thoughts with the true unchanging word of God. That's how we begin to walk in freedom. A Friend in here gave me a simple yet life-changing idea.(you know who you are)
Replace the lies with truth.
And the scripture that backs that up.
And you will know the truth and the truth will set you free. John 8:32

Seek out the truth. (Read your Bible)
Praise God. Sing songs of praise to God even when you don't feel like it. Praise helps us get of our own problems and outside our heads and back onto the goodness of God. I have found myself turning back to the older hymns and more scripture based songs. For example Keith green. Or just hymns in general. They are simple but all about God.

And confess often.
If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say we have not sinned we make him a liar and his word is not with us.
1 John 1:9

Don't be afraid to tell the Lord how your feeling or to confess another slip or a thought you know isn't right. Psalm 32 and v3-7 will help with this.

I will leave you with one more passage to go and meditate on. Psalm 32.
Pray this outloud go through it over and over until you understand it.
God is faithful and he wants you to live in freedom and he's already made a way. Just sometimes we take a while to find the right way.
All I know is the Word is true.
And the word is simple we don't need to overcomplicate it. Just trust it is and start living in the freedom that Jesus has already payed for with his blood.

And they overcome Satan by the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony. Revelation 12:11
We overcome when we testify as to what the blood does for us.
And remember when Jesus was tempted by Satan in the wilderness he didn't say a whole lot of fancy prayers he just quoted scripture back.

Scripture memory has changed my life.
All the best and may God bless you and make his face to shine upon you!
Vir, Barnabas_, Tao Jones and 4 others like this.
CPilot more_vert
CPilot
James 6: 15, 16 (Knox)15 Prayer offered in faith will restore the sick man, and the Lord will give him relief; if he is guilty of sins, they will be pardoned.✻
16 Confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, for the healing of your souls. When a just man prays fervently, there is great virtue in his prayer.
PatrickJames more_vert
PatrickJames
Thank you brother for that post. I am going to pray upon Psalm 32 in my morning session today. I am not promoting Joyce Meyer but one thing she said that sticks with me is that the Word of God through the power of the Holy Spirit will change your life.