Post published by LivinginRecovery

There comes a point where I've just got to accept it. I am a Christian. I have fought it valiantly for years. I have applied logic to it. I have done everything within my power to not be a Christian. I have studied every other religion and none. I have declared myself a host of different things. To no avail. I guess I wanted to believe a) That I could do things on my own and b) I was afraid people would laugh or mock me if they knew I believed in God and particularly Jesus Christ. I have just prayed to God repenting of former actions/behaviours and asked to be forgiven by Him. I immediately feel a sense of peace, something which has been missing from my life for a very long time. I feel His presence here right now. I feel I am a part of something greater. I feel Him. I believe and it's great to be here. I have found a local church and I shall attend this coming Sunday. Thanks for listening.
RitzyPETE123 more_vert
RitzyPETE123
Thats a great read mate. I too was once an athiest (a hardcore one too), I used to hate anything to do with faith! It is amazing the ways in which God brings us to him! I wish you all the best for attending church on Sunday!
Jason911 more_vert
Jason911
What an excellent testimony!
LivinginRecovery more_vert
LivinginRecovery
Thank you @RitzyPETE123. I have always believed, this is what is crazy. I attended church for years, was baptized in a river 10 years ago and Christened as an infant. Always, I felt Him calling me back into the fold. I was arrogant, I didn't want to know.
Mr. Blah and Jason911 like this.