1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by CPilot

Is there a Cure?

Yesterday was an odd day in our house. Last week, we finished a huge job, one we have been working towards for months, years really. In the same week, I also successfully completed an important exam that I have been preparing for, for many months. Saturday evening we attended church because on Sunday we were due to depart on a long journey. However, at the last minute severe weather made us postpone the long trip.

Suddenly, and unexpectedly, my wife and I had nothing pressing to do. As we both set about the unfamiliar environment of a full day off we looked for something to watch on TV. I wanted to find something she would enjoy and she wanted to find something I would enjoy (not always the same thing, as is the case with all married couples, I expect). I insisted we watch one of her old favorites, a tangled and comical murder mystery. Unfortunately, several of the female actresses were wearing low cut and tight dresses. With my guard somewhat relaxed, I caught myself ogling them. Although it went no further than that, I must admit, I ogled those ladies rather than immediately turn away as is my avowed habit.

As I near the two year mark of no PMO, I must recognize, I am not cured. I can still be tempted. God made me. He knows I am human and He knows I am weak. Dear Lord, please never let me descend into the pit again and strengthen my resolve to avoid all temptations. Years of sin have left their mark on me, please show me how to erase it. If that is not your will, please grab me by the hand when I am weak.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Those pathways or learned behavior run deep in our minds. Recovery is possible; you are a living testimony to that. But our total and utter dependence on Christ never goes away. I think these things happen from time to time to remind us of that. We do not need lust in any form at all, but we desperately need him. Keep standing firm and abiding in the Lord!
HereToFight more_vert
HereToFight
Hollywood entertainment is actually not helpful at all in the Christian walk. It's not by accident that those attractive and provocative women are put in TV shows though... Have you ever watched the documentary "Pseudology - The Art of Lying"? It explains how TV producers and marketers are using neuroscience to actually play with our minds and get us addicted to their products.
Ready to Stop and CPilot like this.