1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by IkeNair

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I relapsed last night after grappling with intense loneliness and feelings of isolation. I am a college student and recently got an apartment, but my roommates have been away and I am not used to living alone. I even sent out a message to an AP earlier that day, and intentionally made trips out to a friend's house and the store just to get my mind off the urges. When I finally got back home at night I felt restless and as if I had exhausted all of my options (which is never true). I should have prayed and called someone even though it was late.

I think I am still afraid of taking drastic measures when tempted because I don't want to be a burden on others. But if they are truly brothers in Christ, then I should realize that they are willing to help me and take on my burden. As Paul writes: "If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together."
1 Corinthians 12:26 (ESV)

In addition, I think I got too confident earlier because I was stuck in a flatline and thus didn't bother journaling too often or consistently. I definitely lost focus towards the end of my streak and got idle when I lost sight of my goals. Please pray for me that I may repent and confess fully to others and rejoin Jesus in my walk.
dalomonze more_vert
dalomonze
Ill be praying for you man. @Tao Jones has a document that has already been a very big help for me. Just continue to meditate on the word and scripture of god when these things are really pushing hard at you. In the moment it's hard but remember its a MOMENT vs your MISSION.
IkeNair likes this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Reach out to your APs. That is what they are there for! And don't forget -- we are never, ever alone. http://www.morethanasundayfaith.com/2019/08/youre-known/ God bless you as you pursue the Son!
IkeNair likes this.
Soulherb more_vert
Soulherb
"...because I don't want to be a burden on others." I feel this way often in many situations. But your right about willing to help you, because that's what a brother is for. Sounds like you may not have reached out when you knew you should, but if you find reaching out is getting no response, I would be willing to step up. Message me; otherwise, I will pray for you as requested, adding a sense of peace as He forgives you.
IkeNair and Tao Jones like this.
IkeNair more_vert
IkeNair
Yup. Definitely held back from reaching out when I should have. Thank you for the prayers
Tao Jones likes this.
Boanerges777 more_vert
Boanerges777
Don’t worry you can never lose salvation
Deleted Account and Mr. McMarty like this.
pman22 more_vert
pman22
Hey man. I’ve been living alone for a year and I get it. I think when living alone, it takes a LOT of self control. One thing I’ve learned is you can never have confidence in the flesh, as soon as you feel that you have to pray and if you don’t even think to pray just run outside. Physically leave the area you’re in. Also, call a friend on the phone (a guy friend). It will definitely help to kill your mood if you know what I mean feel free to reach out whenever! God bless
SamsonDavid, IkeNair and Tao Jones like this.
CBAWSS more_vert
CBAWSS
HMU if you need another AP. Always happy to help
Tao Jones likes this.