1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you want out of life?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Erick Pastora, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Erick Pastora

Erick Pastora Fapstronaut

First off, I'm not here to pretend giving you the true meaning of life or the secret for success. Don't blame me if this doesn't work for you, if you want some serious self-improvement stop blaming others and start acting.

I'm gonna be sincere and tell you something, I'm angry. I'm angry at myself right now because there's so much things I should have doing or be doing right now, I'm probably in the same situation that most of you are or have been through. I'm a guy who has been fapping way too much in his adolescence years and has been suffering with everything life throws at him because I've never known what I really want.

Ok, now that I've made that clear lets go back to the title of this post and that's precisely what you should ask yourself every f*cking day: what do you want out of life? and when you've answered that question ask yourself what are you doing with your life. I'm almost certain that if you're reading this is because you either don't know the answer to the first question or you're not happy with the answer of the second one. If you're a guy whose doing what he really wants with his life then you have no business here, if you're not then ask yourself a third question: what are you going to do?

Think about this for a moment: you're just a conglomerate of flesh and bone in a world that's full of a billion like you, you're not important, you don't matter. Nothing matters, no one matters, we're all going to die. Maybe you'll die tomorrow and after some years everyone you knew will die too and that's it, you're gone. Then why the heck are you so afraid of everything?

You see, no one really cares about you but you. If no one cares about you, if nothing matters in this world, then what's the point of doing anything? What's the point of having money? What's the point of having friends? What's the point of dating? Because you like it, because you want to. So if nothing matters and we're all going to die then what can you do? LIVE.

You have to define what you want, tell it to yourself everyday and make a plan. You won't have everything figured out, but if you start acting you'll have results. What you have to do is always keep trying, never stop. If for example you want to date hot women and get turned down 10, 20, 50, 100 times you have to keep trying, if something doesn't work change your plan and do something else. If you want a great job that you like you won't get it by sitting there on your computer all day long, you have to go out and look for it, never stop trying.

If you're not able to get out of your comfort zone you'll never be able to accomplish anything, if you do what's easy insted of what you want you're doing it all wrong. It's not going to be easy but it's worth it. There's two things that you need in order to get out there and own the freaking world: motivation and empowerment. We often think motivation is that feeling that you can do something no matter how hard or risky, for me motivation is the mindset that makes you have will power and pursue what you want, it fills you with empowerment. Empowerement approaches more the first definition, it's the feeling that you need that tells you you're capable of everything. If you have motivation you constantly feel empowerment, you can do what you want every single day.

One last thing: ask yourself now that you've read this thread what have you done by reading it? You can say that you started your new life, that you realized something you should have years ago or any other bullsh*t. I'm gonna stop you there and give you the simplest of answers: nothing. You've done nothing, you don't own the world (yet). You're just a guy who read a post from a stranger online telling him that he should change his life. So, get up, stop sitting on your ass and do something with your life.

2. Liked the last paragraph :), so true. Here is a quote (rough translation from Ukrainian) from one of my favorite poems:
    "No one will save you from your trouble,
    No one will make you lose your path"

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. All I want in life is to be with myself and self-independent.