The Dopamine Detox Challenge *(Science Based)*

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Bihari, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

I'm allowing myself a noon nap from now on. It's just too much of pressure!
    Day 0/30 again.
    What's different this time?
    I've planned well.

AmeVirupa likes this.
  2. Karnakavach555

Karnakavach555 Fapstronaut

I am spending a lot of time in this site so i am taking a break. All stay strong...

AmeVirupa and Innervision like this.
  3. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 8/30

Today was better than yesterday. I did some exercise, meditation, study and cleaning on my house. A few distractions with smartphone, but nothing too compromising. It's amazing to be able to do meaningful stuff with your time, instead of just wasting it away.

AmeVirupa and Bihari like this.
  4. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

Day 1 done.
    Noon nap is powerful.

Innervision and AmeVirupa like this.
  5. AmeVirupa

AmeVirupa Fapstronaut

Dopamine Detox Day 8 - May 3 2020:

Managed to finally quit caffeine (again). Caffeine is a big problem for me, I think, so I definitely want to quit for good this time.

The increased rest is helping, I'm feeling quite a bit better.

I created a more open schedule for myself so I have more options of meaningful activities to do and less pressure to accomplish certain things every day.

Innervision and Bihari like this.
  6. AmeVirupa

AmeVirupa Fapstronaut

I also had a noon nap yesterday, made my day! :D

Bihari likes this.
  7. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 9/30

Another productive day, with little distractions on the way. The down side, though, is that I'm feeling tired frequently.
    I think I have to be intentionally bored and give myself a break for longest hours every day.

8. vamshi2009

vamshi2009 Fapstronaut

I am in

No - PMO, Movies/TV Series/, All social media, Video games, music, Disturbing news media

Mode: Extreme

9. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

Day 2 done.

I feel as if I'm already into couple of weeks of abstainism. Boredom led me to pick a book and reading is giving me a high. I really am enjoying it.

HE-MAN and AmeVirupa like this.
  10. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

Welcome @vamshi2009
    I wish you success.

11. vamshi2009

vamshi2009 Fapstronaut

12. HE-MAN

HE-MAN New Fapstronaut

keep going bihari babu you can do it UPSC nikalna h b. jyaada sochne ka nhi you can and you will

13. AmeVirupa

AmeVirupa Fapstronaut

Dopamine Detox Day 9 - May 4 2020:

Day 2 without caffeine. Barely got my workout done but I did it anyway. It wasn't great but that was to be expected. Got a massive headache right away too. Anyway, I think this will be better in the long run.

I had to rest for most of the day but it was nice. I did get more work done than on any of the other days on this challenge I think.

I also spent some time in meditation and doing some contemplation around altruism and how to deepen it and I thought that was really profound. I think true altruism is at the heart of any genuine spiritual path. It's also the hardest part and the most rewarding. It's also indestructible joy, because no one or nothing can ever take it away from you. Any form of suffering is just an opportunity to develop deeper altruism. I was thinking about things like that.

You guys get it, some of you have meditation avatars. :D

Innervision likes this.
  14. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 10/30

Just checking in. I've been busy on the last days, without much time to spare. Hope to maintain that pace of doing meaningful activities on the intervals.

15. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

I agree with you. All in all, through spiritual path you begin to notice that everything is connected and there's no absolute separation between me and the outer world and other people. For me, the challenging part is to internalize this and live that truth not only on the mental/rational level, but in all other layers of experience. It's a daily work to do and practice.

AmeVirupa and vamshi2009 like this.
  16. vamshi2009

vamshi2009 Fapstronaut

The only thing troubling for me is to watch friends while having dinner or in the evening while relaxing. I already meditated close to 2 hours every day (2 sessions of 1hr each), now I replaced all these useless times as well with meditation or researching about some interesting topic.

Also, the TV is on for like 14 hours at my house. Someone or the other is watching so I have to always find a different place to eat.

17. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

3/30
    The day goes by smoothly, very smoothly if you have a lot of stuffs to do. Particularly the stuffs you've chosen to do.

AmeVirupa likes this.
  18. AmeVirupa

AmeVirupa Fapstronaut

Dopamine Detox Day 10 - May 5 2020:

Was so low on energy that I couldn't do my workout so I had one black coffee and that gave me enough of a boost so I could exercise. Quitting caffeine => failed again. :D

Wasn't a super productive day. Had to rest a lot again. I'm trying to think of rest as being productive though. It's all about balance, I guess.

Bihari likes this.
  19. AmeVirupa

AmeVirupa Fapstronaut

Dopamine Detox Day 11 - May 6 2020:

Had to have another black coffee today. I actually could've skipped it today but I convinced myself I needed it. I do feel better having just one black coffee now that I'm also eating breakfast. I know how quickly that can escalate back to 3-4 coffees a day though. I guess coffee can be a tool, because it does help me sometimes, but in general, I need to avoid it as much as possible, because I can feel that it also has negative effects for my health.

I'm feeling a little bit better today, less groggy and more energy. Got my workout done, did some meditation practice. Those are always the highlights of my day. Didn't get a lot of work done but that's okay. Going to focus the rest of the day on more meditation practice and some reading.

Bihari likes this.
  20. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

4/30
    My morning was full of boredom and plain old laziness.
    I hate this. But I hate this addiction more. Way more!

AmeVirupa and vamshi2009 like this.