1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dopamine Detox Challenge *(Science Based)*

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Bihari, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Last Resort Report

Last Resort Report Fapstronaut

Ok I postponed the stop and overdone media use extremely but now I am at that point - I'm starting my media fast officially NOW.

Also I'll use my counter for that

2. theforgotten1423

theforgotten1423 Fapstronaut

I started this challenge some time ago but have been away for a while, now I am back. I realised that now although I am more than a year free from PMO , I have been using youtube a lot during that time. Initially I didn't think it hurt me but now it's time I get rid of it. I also have started looking some borderline PMO material once again which I think would be called edging in this discussion so I need to take immediate action because I am on the path to PMO once again and I cannot afford that. Stopping PMO has really made extraordinary changes in my life spiritually , physically, morally and in my studies. However the reason why I edged is because I have to have my internet devices with me these days and that is something I am very unprepared for. As a result I started binging on youtube. Then I banned youtube and after a couple days ended up looking at some borderline material. That's when I decided I needed to come back to the forum before it's too late. I will be doing this challenge for 30 and hopefully even for 90 days while recording my progress everyday. Plus I will re read the nofap book to refresh my knowledge on the addiction. I will have my internet devices with me in my bedroom during this time because I need to take this step forward now, I can't run from them all my life. However , I will block all websites except those that I need, for the next 90 days. After that I might take another step and unblock them. However, I will stay extremely vigilant during my internet use. Everytime I use the internet , I will first take a deep breath and see what I want to use it for, I will never open the device or switch app when I am not absolutely clear about what I want to do. I will also replace the internet addiction with reading to make a lasting change.

0 and 2 are my activities . Day 1

jakeFromStateFarm117 likes this.
  3. jakeFromStateFarm117

jakeFromStateFarm117 Fapstronaut

Best of luck everyone!

My situation changed a little and my brother is staying with me now. So far this change in environment has made it easier to not give into temptations / say no to triggers. But (as I keep telling myself), although numbers are a good measuring tool, its not the number that counts but the soul. I hope I can still work on saying not to triggers because of myself rather than because of my enviorment.

theforgotten1423 likes this.
  4. theforgotten1423

theforgotten1423 Fapstronaut

Day 4
    Going strong so far! Have imposed strong blockers which help me through these initial days . With time temptations are becoming weaker. Going to read a book now.

5. jakeFromStateFarm117

jakeFromStateFarm117 Fapstronaut

Good luck theforgotten1423!

I messed up. Gotta keep on trying

theforgotten1423 likes this.