1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dopamine Detox Challenge *(Science Based)*

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Bihari, Apr 22, 2020.

1. vamshi2009

vamshi2009 Fapstronaut

Day 10 done! On to Day 11/30....
    More energy now than ever

AmeVirupa and Innervision like this.
  2. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

I've some bad news. I have crashed bad yesterday. I'm putting my smartphone away for at least a month. I'll update the list when I'm back.
    That said, I'll continue my dopamine fast in moderate category allowing sugar and carbs for this month only. Rest will remain the same.
    Please forgive my absence and keep fighting as you know, It's worth it.

AmeVirupa, gyarados and Innervision like this.
  3. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

You have to do what's necessary and efficient to your proper reboot. I wish you strength, focus and motivation to deal with this time of reevaluation. Once you return, you will be on a position with better clarity and understanding. all the best!

Bihari and AmeVirupa like this.
  4. goldchain

goldchain Fapstronaut

Day 7/30.

Told to some people about dopamine detox, they wanna try it too. Awesome.

Innervision likes this.
  5. restarting because I really wasn’t sticking to it. I’m doing numbers 0-8.

Innervision likes this.
  6. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 0/30

I'm restarting my counter, since yesterday I binge watched YouTube for about 2 hours, way more what I was supposed to do. Also, I didn't do important things I was planning to, such as meditation and reading.

AmeVirupa and gyarados like this.
  7. vamshi2009

vamshi2009 Fapstronaut

8. gyarados

gyarados Fapstronaut

9. goldchain

goldchain Fapstronaut

Day 8/30. Still bored.

But its for my future, so I'm just accepting this.

10. Day 1/30: A little boring but nothing too bad

11. goldchain

goldchain Fapstronaut

12. vamshi2009

vamshi2009 Fapstronaut

Day 14 done today! Never been better :)

13. gyarados

gyarados Fapstronaut

i want to ask a question , sometimes once in 2-3 days i listen to songs sometimes i eat some chocolate .i am using whatsapp only this much is my dopamine uptake . i am on this challenge or not

14. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Depends on what you consider as restricted activities. If you don't want to add these activities as prohibited, then you're allowed to do it. As for myself, I'm only trying to avoid social media, youtube and intensely checking the news.

gyarados likes this.
  15. Day 2/30: Still boring but that’s what it should be. In worked out more than usual and I got my homework done earlier too. (I’m in school for 2 more weeks)

goldchain likes this.
  16. goldchain

goldchain Fapstronaut

17. AmeVirupa

AmeVirupa Fapstronaut

Don't remember what day I'm at, I'll figure it out. :D Still going but I do need to review some things to make everything a bit more smooth and efficient. I'm also not going to be around a lot for a little while, I'm going to do a bit of relaxed meditation retreat. See you on the flip side.

Innervision likes this.
  18. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 1/30 - May 19 2020

I'm on board again. Same goals: no social media, no mindless internet surfing (especially news), no binge watching YouTube.

gyarados and goldchain like this.
  19. goldchain

goldchain Fapstronaut

20. Day 3/30: Today was really boring. For me today was a recovery day from working out so I didn’t have much to do. I had online school until 2 which helped but after that it wasn’t easy. I ended up playing a board game with my sister, which wasn’t a bad thing, I’m just not at the point where stuff like that triggers dopamine yet.

Innervision likes this.