1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ksie

ksie Fapstronaut

2. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

3. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Thank you, @Slider8 , this is a very encouraging comment. I have found this to be true in the past.

4. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 7

Today I have taken a cold shower, prayed, walked, meditated, done at least some nominal work. Diet was a little sketchy, as I ate a leftover fast food burger, but I will make it my only meal for today.

Today, I am thankful for the ability to learn about the world, and how much there is to learn.

5. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

I'm on Day 6
    I just followed my daily routine. I exercised, walked, and was productive in the morning. at night I relax more and meditate around 7pm.

I am technichally orc rank so I changes my signature to that

p.s. I'm in

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  6. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Back to day 1. I am frustrated but still hopeful that I will do better this time. I am following the A.A. slogan: "One day at a time." I am adapting it as necessary, sometimes it's one minute at a time.

7. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

8. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

9. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 2 check-in - The Dark Fortress, Barad-dûr.

10. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

22 days. Some urges during the day while being bored with my work, but they mostly pass as I stay calm, breath and try to distance myself from them. Also helped to sneak in here in this forum and read/write. Went for a walk to the outdoor gym in the evening and did some body weight exercises.

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Well done brother ! You might want to check out Daniel Fast to help you with your diet.:)

12. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Yeah, well done ! That's what the urges are at their core. They are evil thoughts trying to induce you into the indulgence of self-destructing behaviors by selling themselves to you, promising pleasure and blissful forgetfulness(very short lived ones) of the stressful problems in your life and as a payment taking your health, dignity and self-respect, all the way until you are out of this currency. Brothers refuse this kind of sales offer from lust for your own well-beings sake !:)

13. Suki

Suki Fapstronaut

14. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Yeah! It is hard, but nothing good comes easy! With practice, you will learn to transform those moments into anything productive and the productivity will stack up.

15. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 6

Had a strong urge yesterday while I was studying but thankfullly i was able to quickly/effectivly rid myself of it by just lifting some old weights for 5 minutes, went right back to studying while feeling great :)

16. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Day 9! Damn, it's going to be a hard day, yet I am using my energy to put the finishing touches in my new place.
    They are weird though... these little tests that this challenge provides me with as I get more and more synchronized with myself. I have a theory that, temptation, when it starts starving, will put more effort for a while, into bringing you back under it's spell. However, by doing this and not succeeding, it will starve itself faster, reaching the point of defeat, where by the fear of not disappearing, will agree to use it's energy into giving you, what you actually want, instead of tempting you with your past addiction.
    Yesterday as I was sitting at a bar, a girl passed in front of me and she wore a small skirt, actually it was so small, that it covered nothing, and I basically saw her whole butt. Only after, she realized that her butt is showing and covered it. So today, I shall use those thoughts into finishing the chores I've been putting off for so long and play the game of games! Last time I encountered temptation at it strongest and overcame it, I found a full time job, that made me afford to move on my own once again.

17. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

18. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

Day 8 completed, I have returned to Urukhood and am on my way to Hobbiton

19. Draconid

Draconid Fapstronaut

20. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Daily checking in
    I saw many triggers by accident(movies, youtube) , i have so much stress too, anyways
    "Nice try pmo but i will not fall to the same trick again"