1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

2. Tiburon727

Tiburon727 Fapstronaut

3. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

4. Day 5 complete!

Struggled a bit with an urge this afternoon, but I had the good sense and the grace to reach out to my AP so we could talk things over and review my options. That really helped me, and I didn't have even a hint of a reset. Many times when I fall it is because I did not reach out to my AP when I should have; I thought I could deal with my urges on my own. Pride is a killer.

I agree that we should keep the challenge at 500 days, for all the reasons mentioned above. However, I will break from the majority by saying that I also think we should keep the "negative" names and have the challenge start at 15 days. Many people say the first two weeks are the hardest. I think looking forward to becoming a hobbit and having that extra boost of motivation once you reach 15 days could be just what people need. Maybe that time could be shortened, though--for example, becoming a hobbit at 10 days. That would be 2% of our 500-day challenge.

St. Sisoes the Great, pray for us!

5. 120 days fellows. I'm feeling the confidence. Im feel good about myself finally.

SSS Vision, malt3439, Slider8 and 6 others like this.
  6. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 18 complete

felt like I had to plan our vacation with my wife so went to bed late and now I don’t feel rested. Threat from the urges is high. I hate that my wife doesn’t care about my sleep, she just want endless attension, she can sleep as much as she want. I just had to complain about it.

7. a_unique_user

a_unique_user Fapstronaut

Day 13 as an Uruk-Hai complete! (been thinking like an Orc when I was an Uruk-Hai all along)
    Anxious as F today. I believe I know why... I'm about to do something new (but old) and very uncomfortable. In fact, I have already started.

"Today, I am worth the extra effort!"

8. a_unique_user

This is sad to hear but i'm glad that you are back on the challenge! 141 days is impressive!

About the changes, I personally don't have a problem with the length of the challenge. I view this as a life long challenge and therefore requiring you to keep putting in the work daily... which for me is posting on the forum everyday like a sort of "AA" meeting thing. At the least, it should go for a year+a day, so 500 days is very welcome!
    But i think i understand what you mean about a "shadow career"/dependence/attachment.

On the Orc/Uruk-Hai terms... I personally don't view it as negative reinforcement. I see it as part of a journey of self-improvement. I don't actually think that I'm disgusting or any such thing. So when I refer to myself as an "Orc" or "Uruk-Hai" I look at it as a growth process of sorts, from a person who was extremely dependent on nasty habits to a better "cleaner" individual. And the fact that it takes 14 days to get to Hobbit sort of fits perfectly, because I truly feel that the 1st 14 days is the toughest for me. and the move from "Orc" to "Uruk-Hai" to Hobbit feels great for me... it feels like the real journey starts at hobbit and it takes the 14 days to solidify the decision to change your life.
    I like the idea of a hard-mode! I think it would be a good addition to the challenge to help "cleanse" yourself as you start off on the challenge, and get into the habit of blocking off temptations and their sources as you get stronger in your fight.
    I tend to view that 1st 14 days as a hard-mode for myself.

But that's just my 2 cents... having said all that, I look forward to the future of this elaborate challenge.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  9. a_unique_user

I shall look for this! thanks!

10. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

I totally agree with this advice.

11. Ready to Stop

I remember that guy. I had to block him! I just couldn’t take it.

12. Ready to Stop

Day 490 no PMO. I’m here on my vacation for the next two weeks. As I mentioned yesterday I have relapsed here several times in the past so it will be a nice change for this to be the place where I cross the 500 line. Thanks again to @RiseToGreatness for this awesome challenge. You really are helping people change their lives.

13. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 325 & 326.

I'm little sick :emoji_thermometer_face:. But I'm happy anyways! God is with us.

14. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 29.

I have a big exam coming up and i'm feeling quite anxious about it which leads me to having trouble studying. I need to be better and find a way through it.

15. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I keep googling success, I am finding it fun and interesting. I don't expect to make a million bucks, but I am inspired by the speeches of people like Jim Rohn and Brian Tracy.

I wish you all success in our NoFap journey!

16. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

Dawn of the 100th day. I believe I hit milestone today.

17. a_unique_user

Hi @Dissolve_The_Ego i watched this documentary.
    I really "enjoyed" listening to their experiences! they strongly resonated with me.

I also happened on this other documentary (with much fewer views in comparison) that auto-played after your share!

It approached the same topic from a different (and much more detailed imo) angle.
    It covered every single thing that i am currently going through and a lot of what I have seen other people going through on this forum.
    I have never had/heard my addiction (and it's accompanying problems) broken down so well!
    I would recommend it to everyone on this forum.
    Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ya8ed94f6w

18. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut