1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Australia

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

How some of you Australians are talking reminds me of how English people speak (I am English just to clarify) when you criticise any of their institutions. There is obviously a problem, one that people on the outside can see, but you are so swept up in societal propaganda that you cannot see the wood for the trees. In England, many seem to exist in a bipolar state where they have very little good to say about the NHS, but also cannot stand people attacking it. I say all this just to give an outside example of what I'm talking about.

There are videos of people being assaulted by police for not wearing a mask. Are any of you seriously, SERIOUSLY going to tell me that every single video, every single bloody one of them, has been "taken out of context" or that it was justified? You're a delusional bootlicker if you try to. Or is police brutality justified as long as it's people you disagree with ideologically being brutalised?

TakingTheSteps and Taylor25 like this.
  2. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

If people who aren’t “nurses” weren’t allowed to give there take on anything then we’d live in a more mess up world.

What about police brutality? If you’re not a cop you’re not qualified to give your take, anything you is an uninformed opinion.

Thus type of logic is backwards it’s hilarious.

Its a subtle admission to believing you’re apart of the elite, because only you can dispense information.

Also on the topic of people talking about Australia despite never visiting it. It has to be that I’m an American, because people who aren’t American or have ever been to the country criticize the US all the time and I never hear an American drop the same “you’ve never been here” that these Aussies are. I think it’s because we’re used to being under a microscope.

If the Auzzie government was so great then the world wouldn’t be criticizing it so intensely.

Look at a Apartheid and SA it came toppling down because the world looking in could see the problem.

So to conclude:

Every take levied here is worth the same as some “nurse” don’t let her use of academic language fool you, because she has the same amount of credibility as any other poor soul that uses this forum.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

It's hard not to agree with this. This type of argument, called an "argument from authority fallacy" is a fallacy for a reason. Just for the hell of it, let's take a look at a recent example of why people in authority should not be listened to simply on the merit of them being in that position.

In the UK, a woman was kidnapped, raped, and then killed by a police officer who pretended to arrest her for violating covid laws. He was sentenced to life in prison but it's too little too late - a woman is dead. He got away with acting like a pervert in the past and was not investigated because he was a cop.

Now is this situation an outlier? Well, to the extent that it leads to rape and murder, perhaps. But in a more general sense? No. People in authority will ALWAYS leverage their positions to shield themselves from criticism, and get away with things us regular people would be blasted for. I'm at the point in my life where I see some moron in a lab coat or a politician on the television, and I trust them LESS because of their position, not more. I find it staggering that this level of trust is being put in people who have been shown to lie and lie and lie and lie some more. What happened to healthy distrust of authority? When did everyone turn into a willing serf?

Then again, what should I expect from those who seem to think I directly compared Australia to North Korea? Cause I didn't. I urge anyone who thought I did to brush up on their reading comprehension and give what I posted another attempt. What I actually did was highlight the absurdity of saying people who dont live in Australia are not allowed to criticise it, by using a country none of us live in, like North Korea. I guess if I ever order something at a restaurant and it has a toenail in it, it's not my place to be upset, cause I'm not a chef? Miss me with that bollocks.

Beekind likes this.
  4. Adam_714

Adam_714 Fapstronaut

I live in Sydney and the hardest part is making friends. Recently moved to Newtown (a hippy suburb) to be able to make more friends.

5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I was in Sydney for holiday a few years ago and was shocked at how expensive things were. It was something like $4 for a bottle of water, although I did discover in Coles a bottle of water was something like 70 ¢. It was also really cold when I was there. My impression was that it was always hot there but it's not the case.

Having said this I prefer it to America because they have universal healthcare and no mass shootings. The government seems ok but it's important to remember that each state is governed by its own state representatives. That is something quite a lot of people outside Australia don't seem to understand.

Taylor25 and Lady Blåhaj like this.
  6. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Spiders. Big spiders. Venomous spiders. Lots of spiders.

They say that spiders are harmless. That only few of them are deadly and even their bites can be cured by modern medicine. That they don't eat humans and are more scared of you than you're of them.

Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe that's the exact thing spiders want you to believe? The creepy ass little lurkers have infiltrated the media and the government to spread their pro-spider propaganda so that we wouldn't suspect a thing.

What's next? They'll team up to build a web big enough to catch humans and the lamestream media will still keep claiming that there's nothing to be worried about as people are getting eaten alive.

Ask yourself: where do you want to be when the spiders take over? The big ass spider island? Or some real country that might be able to stand against them once the truth comes out? The choice is yours.

Spiders, man. Never trust them.

Taylor25 likes this.
  7. KadenDevi

KadenDevi New Fapstronaut

I have been to this country a couple of times, very beautiful fauna and flora, but due to the fact that a huge number of dangerous animals live there, I would not live there on a permanent basis. And besides, as for the cost of living, it's just huge sums, for example, we came to rest for less than a week, and spent several thousand dollars, I don't even remember what they gave such money for. But you be the judge, if there is a financial opportunity and the country attracts, then why not.

8. Evig Faith

Evig Faith Fapstronaut

As an Australian currently in the US, I always find it fascinating when Americans and Canadians find animals in Australia scary, when they literally have bears, moose, and pumas roaming the streets in towns quite too often for my liking. We don’t have anything like that. If you have access to antidotes, then it’s quite safe. Even then, the most venomous animals usually aren’t aggressive either. But what do you do against a bear?

Outside NZ and ASEAN, Australia’s geographically isolated from the world. It was great for Covid, but it’s terrible for commerce, which makes everything expensive. But cost of living here is still low compared to the rest of Oceania. New Zealand is much worse when I was there.

The government is a joke. LNP spent their decade+ rule undermining institutions and trying to take away people’s rights. Now Labor’s prioritising businesses over workers by ending the Covid sick leave payments, and hardly has any intention on enacting the same climate policies they ran on.

It’s still a great place to visit, and I’d recommend it. But to run away from the haywire American politics? Australia isn’t the place to be. Europe would be better for that, and they’re going through an energy crisis now.

Taylor25 likes this.
  9. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Yes, but the bears have a divine pact with humans in which it's been agreed that they don't mess with us and we don't mess with them and if a bear kills a human the humans are entitled to hunt down the said bear and return it to the stars from where it came.

Or that's what Finnish people used to believe back in the day before the Swedes destroyed our culture anyways.

Evig Faith likes this.
  10. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Another thing that's good about Australia is they have better fast food compared to my country. They have different flavours of hot chocolate for sale in supermarkets and coffee shops have chai tea.

Taylor25 likes this.
  11. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I enjoyed using the trains in Sydney. It's crazy that it took them so long to introduce the Opal card. An Aussie friend told me when he returned from London he was frustrated that they didn't have anything like the Oyster card.

12. kevin1203

kevin1203 New Fapstronaut

Nice,I live in sydney too.how are doing with nofap?

13. Spiritual Immunity

Spiritual Immunity Fapstronaut

Awe man, I lost respect for you after seeing this

Beekind likes this.
  14. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

What was i thinking