One Day at a Time Journal

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

That is a very thought provoking reference. Thanks for pointing it out to me. I have learned a lot from Ecclesiastes but it has been too long since I read it. Thanks for pointing me back to it.

value likes this.
  2. value

value Fapstronaut

Thanks, yea, I don't read it very often either, but every once in a while one of those verses start to click…

3. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!
    Here is the review I did for today:

**External triggers**
    In one of the online communities that I’m part of, there was a user with a very suggestive profile picture. This was a user that I’ve already blocked in the past, but I’ve habitually started to open up the blocked messages, since most of the time the content is still clean, but I think this is a good reminder why I blocked these people in the first place.
    Other than that there were no external triggers that I encountered.

**Protective habits**
    I did all of my protective habits today. Great!
    I started investing time into building faith to weed out the fear of urges. It’s been going good so far, but let’s see the results in a couple weeks.

**Urge coping**
    I didn’t encounter any urges today.

Many blessings,
    value

CPilot and Tao Jones like this.
  4. Agreed!

value and CPilot like this.
  5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Great journal! Your experiences are readily relatable and your protective habits and urge coping are very helpful. Great work, keep it up, please!

Wilderness Wanderer and value like this.
  6. value

value Fapstronaut

Wow, thanks guys! Yes, let's keep going!

Wilderness Wanderer likes this.
  7. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!
    Here is the journal entry I did for today; thank you for reading through it if you take yourself the time.

**External triggers**
    I took the morning off work to meet up with a couple friends. As I rode my bike to meet them, I realized that my mind was habitually trying to look at the women I was passing by. As soon as I became aware of it, I started going against it. I was successful but one time I almost missed it, caught it just in time though. Very good.
    Other than that I didn’t encounter any triggers.

**Protective habits**
    I did all of my protective habits today. Very good.

**Urge coping**
    Throughout the day, I had 2 to 3 urges that came up. I refocused on the task at hand very quickly, but I’m wondering if this is the first impulse of an increasing frequency, since this is the 2nd time this has happened within ~7 days.
    I’m mildly irritated, not because of anything serious but because of the possible anticipation of discomfort… because I have a really good working system now and I would have to make adjustments and learn new skills, train habits, etc. - and that’s just a lot of work! :)
    But if these urges are something that are here to stay on a regular basis, I need to have strategies in place that will help me stay safe. I have little sketches drawn out when I started planning for my 90-day reboot, but it’s nothing serious yet and I would need to sit down, do research, and think about it.
    I put it on the calendar for Sunday and I’ll start looking into it.

Many blessings,
    value

8. Whatever it takes, one day at a time. Remain committed to the process. Freedom is worth any amount of effort we must put in to attain and maintain it.

9. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

As you plan how you will cope when temptation comes, perhaps due to a new and difficult circumstance, don't be afraid. As you know, the devil's promise of solace and comfort from sin is just a bunch of hokum but your planning and execution make you even less vulnerable. May Christ be before you, behind you, beside you and above you at all times.

10. value

value Fapstronaut

Thank you both! Yes. Let's move into this! As @Tao Jones says: whatever it takes, let's put the work in to get the results.

11. value

value Fapstronaut

Thank you very much for this. Yes, you're spot on. I don't want to speak too much about my personal life, but I've had a very unsuccessful career behind me and in 2021, God opened a door for me to change careers (at 34 years!). Even though I'm right at the breakthrough, this final stretch is the toughest nut I've ever had to crack. It's causing a lot of headache but I'm also learning what it means to follow Christ, for the joy set before him, He endured… Love endures all things.

12. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi All!
    This is my review for today, thank you for reading through it if you take yourself the time - it’s much appreciated!

**External triggers**
    Today was a full day at work again, I didn’t encounter any external triggers. Great!

**Protective behaviors**
    This morning I woke up pretty groggy, I have a bit of a softer built, and when I eat food late at night I’ll be needing two coffees in the morning to get going… :)
    I chose not to shave because of that, I don’t want to handle razor blades when I’m only half awake…
    Other than that I did all of my protective behaviors today. Great!

**Urge coping**
    I didn’t encounter any urges today, which is great, but I’m keeping in mind that I need to sit down and research to find the wisest approach to this. Since, mercifully, I’m not the first person to experience it, I’m sure there’s a lot to discover.

Many blessings,
    value

13. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Fapstronaut

This really inspires me to say a calm prayer when I am tempted. Often I quickly say something like"please God help me!" and sometimes this helps. But having the calmness to take your time to pray whilst being tempted, is something that I aspire to do.

14. value

value Fapstronaut

Thanks. Yes, I agree with you, but just for clarity, those prayer-times are during my review time, when I reflect on my day and I sense the Holy Spirit wants to show me something.

CPilot and Wilderness Wanderer like this.
  15. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!
    It's already very late over here, so I'll be just checking in today.

Have a great rest of your day!

Blessings,
    value

16. value

value Fapstronaut

Happy Weekend!

I’m in the process of moving and I’m not settled in yet, I’m just checking in for today!

Have a great weekend!
    value

17. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!
    Wow, I am absolutely slacking on my reviews.
    I’m still in full moving-mode and somehow I’m forgetting my commitment to this. Many apologies!
    I’ll be checking in for today and will start setting reminders so I won’t forget it tomorrow!

Many bless,
    value

18. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!
    I’m still getting situated so I’ll just be checking in today, still.

quick update:
    My protective habits are carrying over, so that’s great.
    Yesterday, I got unwillingly confronted with sexual content on the internet for the first time since starting my recovery. I searched for a bible site in my native language and got redirected to a very unpleasant site. I quickly closed it with one hand over my eyes.
    I noticed my mind slipping back to what I saw 2-3 times in the succeeding 30mins. I lovingly but firmly pushed the thoughts away and I haven’t been thinking about it anymore since then. Hallelujah!

many blessings,
    value

CPilot, Tao Jones and jw2021 like this.
  19. A test. You passed.

Keep going.

value, CPilot and jw2021 like this.
  20. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I don't seek them out but when a I pass a test like that, I feel good and I am thankful.

value and jw2021 like this.