One Day at a Time Journal

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. RedeemedIowan

RedeemedIowan Fapstronaut

Seems like you did well! How were you able to only Think about it 2-3 times? Did you keep thinking about it? Did you find that journaling about it here helped you not think about it?

value and jw2021 like this.
  2. value

value Fapstronaut

Thank you, @Tao Jones & @CPilot, yes, that went well!

jw2021 likes this.
  3. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!
    Here is my review for today!

**External triggers**
    I had to do a few errands in the city today, So I got mentally prepared that I will work on training my eyes again; which I did.
    There were about three opportunities to ogle, and I didn’t take them. It still doesn’t feel natural, but I’m sure I’m on my way there. Very good.
    Other than that I didn’t encounter any triggers today.

**Protective habits**
    I’m still in transition, Moving from one place to another, so I did my protective habits the best I could.
    My daily devotional time it’s going well still. I felt from the Lord that I should start cutting back a little bit on the declarations and set aside some time to just worship him, thanking him for his goodness, and just have intimacy.
    I started doing that on Monday this week, and I’m really enjoying it.

**Urge coping**
    I can’t consciously remember any urges that happened today. Great!

Thank you for reading!
    Many blessings,
    value

4. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Amen brother! I wholeheartedly agree with this thought and you action. Dear Lord, please fill my heart with Love for the Father.

Wilderness Wanderer, value and jw2021 like this.
  5. value

value Fapstronaut

Thanks @CPilot!

jw2021 likes this.
  6. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!
    Here is the review I did for today.

**External triggers**
    As you guys know, I’m in the process of moving, And I am staying with friends for a few months until I move into my own place.
    My friends are extremely hospitable and they also took up Ukrainian refugees (just Christian things… :) )
    The lady they took up happens to be very attractive to me, so that is something that I need to be very, very careful about, to steward my heart wisely, and honoring the people around me. New season, new challenges.
    I should add that I won’t be seeing the lady too often, so it won’t at all be a constant pressure - but I’m very sure I will be in a situation where I will have to make a wise choice at least a few times a week.

**Protective habits**
    I did all of my protective habits today - fantastic.

**Urge Coping**
    I had urges come up 2-3 times in this new environment I’m in. I was always very careful to steward my heart as skillfully as I could - I think I did good, but I will keep you all updated on this.

Many blessings,
    value

7. New challenges will be met by newfound strength within, supplied by Christ. Onward!

Wilderness Wanderer, jw2021 and value like this.
  8. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Good work. God blesses us with more grace, each and every time we resist temptation. May His grace keep you safe. Stay in touch.

jw2021 and value like this.
  9. value

value Fapstronaut

Tao Jones and jw2021 like this.
  10. value

value Fapstronaut

Happy Friday!

Here is the review I did for today.

**External triggers**
    I’m still working from home, so I bumped into the Ukrainian lady 2-3 times. I anticipated where my mind habitually wanted to go, and I firmly kept it in place. When it wanted to wander, I held it back. I think it worked very well.
    Other than that, I didn’t encounter any triggers today – amazing!

**Protective habits**
    Things are still a little wonky, but I did my protective habits as good as I could. I wasn’t able to shave this morning, but that’s OK for now. My devotional time also needs a little more situation, which is the first thing I want to focus on next week.

**Urge coping**
    I think I covered most of this in the external triggers section. The urges that came up I was able to put into their place. This is something I will really need to be on top of in the few weeks ahead, I really want to pass this test with flying colors, and I believe I have all the skills and resources together to do so. Let’s do this!

Many blessings,
    value

11. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Good work in managing your urges and your protective habits but please do not put your willpower to the test. I hope you complete your move soon and will be in an environment with less temptation.

value and jw2021 like this.
  12. value

value Fapstronaut

Thank you for your words @CPilot! Yes, definitely not looking to put my willpower to the test; the odds of success are really low with these… besides the potential of leading to haughtiness… really not a good deal…
    I'm relocating my work to an office on Monday, so that will already be a first step.

Thanks again for your words and your constant support!

Wilderness Wanderer and jw2021 like this.
  13. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!
    Here is the review I did for today, thank you for reading if you take yourself the time! I hope it will be encouraging to you.

**External triggers**
    I didn’t encounter any external triggers today, excellent!
    The refugee lady wasn’t in the house today.

**Protective habits**
    I did all of my productive habits day, none left out - very good.

**Urge coping**
    I remember two instances today where urges came up: I noticed how my mind wanted to wander into fantasies. I noticed it very quickly and was very convinced that that’s not a place I want to go. Neither the reality nor the consequences were in any way appealing to me – for obvious reasons… As soon as I noticed them, I quickly steered away from them. Very good!
    I’m keeping up great, let’s keep going!

Thank you all for this community, inspiring hope for change, and proving that renewal and restoration through grace, which we received through the blood of Jesus, is truly possible.
    Not out of our own strength, but through the power that the Holy Spirit releases in us, through faith – the confessing with our mouth, and believing with our heart that Christ came to restore all things – salvation now, and in eternity.
    This is the one life we have to glorify the Father by representing him to a broken world – a city on a hill, the salt of the earth.
    Let’s run well with the strength that the Holy Spirit is so willing to give us.

Many blessings,
    value

14. value

value Fapstronaut

Hey @RedeemedIowan! Sorry, I never saw your post!

Hmm… So yes, when that happened, I was in the middle of doing something (I don't quite remember what it was, but I remember I was busy). So I was focusing on whatever I was doing and my mind tried to slip back to the incident - I noticed it after a few seconds and moved my attention back to what I was in the middle of doing. So, it wasn't a prolonged dwelling on it, just a quick 'hitting-the-safety-rails' and getting back on track again.

Wilderness Wanderer and jw2021 like this.
  15. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!

Coming back from a very long day! I’ll just be checking in for today!

many blessings and,
    Happy Sunday!
    value

16. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!

Today a shorter entry, as I had a good, long work-day.

**External Triggers** - A person with a very suggestive profile picture joined one of the online communities I’m part of - I blocked him/her with one hand on the monitor and the other on the mouse… :)
    Other than that, I didn’t encounter any external triggers today.

**Protective Habits** - I did all of my protective habits today. Very good.

**Urge Coping** -
    I didn’t have any urges that came up today either, so that’s very good.

Many blessings,
    value

17. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!

And author friend of mine just had a book launch today and it went much longer than expected.

I’m just checking in for today.

Have a great rest of your day!
    value

18. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all,
    here is the review I did for today, thank you for reading if you take yourself the time.

**External triggers**
    Today I met with a friend and he really wanted to check out a gym that he and his wife are looking to get a membership for. Obviously, I was aware of the risks, but I felt confident that my mind was renewed enough do not give in to lust during that visit.
    It went really well, I didn’t have a single slip up or double take. It didn’t come naturally, and I did feel a poll on my mind a lot of times, but I’m glad that I got to taste a slice of normalcy. Very good

**Protective Habits**
    Because I came home so late at night yesterday, I chose to sleep in this morning so I didn’t Prepare my clothes yesterday nor did I shave this morning.

I’m also noticing a bigger issue, ands that is that I’m getting a little slack in my devotional time. A lot of times I would just sit there instead of praying or declaring or reading the word. I don’t really like it and I don’t think it’s healthy.
    It might have to do with the fact that I’m in this transition-period, but I don’t think it can pass as an excuse to neglect my time with God - I really want to work on this.

**Urge Coping**
    I took myself a few minutes to pray about the urges I experienced during my visit to my friend’s gym and I have peace to count them as processed through.

Many blessings,
    value

19. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Devotions are different when we do them to prepare for war and purpose. When we spend time with God we allow Him to plant a thought in our mind that He wants to say to somebody that is hanging on by the skin of their teeth. Your column and many others on this site are helping people.
    When we look at devotions as a powerful way to prepare to help people who want help, they become very exciting.

20. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

One vital breakthrough for me was the realization that I needed to regularly measure, and correct when needed, my commitment to regular prayer from my heart. Measuring myself based on my slips or falls was too late to be useful. Congratulations for recognizing an area to shore up in your daily life. With a focus on the weapons and our preparations for battle we will not falter when the enemy comes.