One Day at a Time Journal

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. value

value Fapstronaut

Hey! Yea, I think I would say 2 things have been impacting me the most - my friends at my church are not too posh to show me my blind spots, if necessary, in a healthy way (and I’m smart enough to listen to them). And also hundreds of hours of Dan Mohler sermons…

jw2021 and Wilderness Wanderer like this.
  2. value

value Fapstronaut

Hey!
    I would say, by far the most important thing I could think of is that all of my actions are a direct result of my faith and it’s my responsibility to maintain and build it (2Tim 4:7).
    Whatever is in my belief system will manifest in my behavior - and I can directly manipulate my faith just like I would tend to a garden.
    I found a strategy that worked for me, I explained it in a couple posts in the past :)

3. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all
    I’m very tired and fittingly, my review for today is fairly short.

**External Triggers** - Another day at work with very little probability to encounter external triggers - that’s good.

**Protective Habits** - I didn’t get the best sleep at night so I was a little scattered this morning and totally forgot to do my daily declaration! This is only the second time this ever happened, so, statistically, I’m still doing well… :)

**Urge Coping** - As far as I can remember, I didn’t encounter any urges today - very good.

Many blessings,
    value

4. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!
    I had a long day and I’ll just Bree checking in for today.
    Many blessings,
    value

5. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all,
    Happy Friday!

Here is the review I did for today.

**External Triggers** - I spent my whole day at work, no triggers encountered!

**Protective Habits** - Again, I wasn’t able to do all of my morning routine as I’m still a little bit between things; but I got most of it done, I’ll take it.

**Urge Coping** - As far as I can think back, I didn’t experience any urges today - very good!

Many blessings,
    value

6. RedeemedIowan

RedeemedIowan Fapstronaut

Thanks for the background! I feel like we know you better now. Good prompt @Wilderness Wanderer .

jw2021, Wilderness Wanderer and value like this.
  7. value

value Fapstronaut

8. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!

I've had a long day, I'll just be checking in for the day!

Many blessings,
    value

9. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!

**External Triggers** - I went out for a cup of coffee with a friend today and I noticed how my mind & eyes wanted to habitually slip into old behavior of staring, etc. Once I became consciously aware, I took responsibility for my behavior and the old habit stopped trying.

**Protective Habits** - I did all of my protective habits today - on Sunday, they’re much less than on workdays.

**Urge Coping** - I remember having 1-2 times where I felt urges coming up - it’s been some time since I’ve been in a situation like this so I’m not sure yet what to do with it.

Many blessings,
    value

10. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!

**External Triggers** - Today was a full day at work again, I didn’t encounter any triggers - very good.

**Protective Habits** - I was only able to do a fairly small amount of my daily morning routine since I’m still a little dislodged in my living situation but I finally found an place to get more settled at the beginning of next year - finally!

**Urge Coping** - I didn’t encounter any urges today - great!

Many blessings,
    value

11. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!
    Our small group meeting took longer tonight, so I’ll just be checking in.

Many blessings,
    value

Wilderness Wanderer and jw2021 like this.
  12. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all,
    I had a great but long day at work, I’ll just be checking for the day.
    Many blessings,
    value

13. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!
    Again a very long workday - Only checking in again!

I’m invited for dinner tomorrow, so I’ll be only doing a check in tomorrow as well!

Many blessings,
    value

14. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!

I'm going to put my daily reviews on pause until the new year - I've still been considering restructuring and moving my daily check-ins to more personal venues - but that's something that needs to be worked out.

Merry Christmas!

15. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi All!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Alright, I took myself some time to think and plan on how to reorganize my daily check-in/reflection routine and I decided to stop the daily reviews in this thread and move it to 1-1s, as they were getting somewhat repetitive.
    I also want to move my accountability to a more personal level, As @Tao Jones always says, if you’re accountable to a whole group, in the end, you’re accountable to noone.

Many blessings,
    value

16. value

value Fapstronaut

Hi all!
    Hope your 2023 has been starting off well!

I’m joining a discipleship-program at my church and won’t have as much time to be as active here anymore.

Many blessings!