1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Matrix Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by -Angel-, Jan 3, 2023.

Are you ready to leave the Matrix for good?

1. Yes

150 vote(s)
    99.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  1. BookNerd42

BookNerd42 Fapstronaut

I like this mindset! And I too look month to month. Just 3 months ago i was resetting 6 times per month. This month I'm only at 2! Progress!

2. Gabriel Knight

Gabriel Knight Fapstronaut

That is great result. I need to pump it up to get there, but i will. One pump at a time:)

3. Pauley

Pauley Fapstronaut

4. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

5. -Angel-

-Angel- Fapstronaut

Cool! Let me know if you wish to join TMC!

Chuck Palahniuk, Ūruz and Interface like this.
  6. Gabriel Knight

Day 1 is almost over a meme to make it successful:
    MeanLimpingGoitered-max-1mb.gif

Chuck Palahniuk, Ūruz, Don80 and 2 others like this.
  7. AniTheGreat

AniTheGreat Fapstronaut

8. 99PROBLEMS&F4Pis1

99PROBLEMS&F4Pis1 Fapstronaut

Hey Guys, been a few days since I checked in, hope everyone is keeping safe and well!

* LONG POST ALERT*

I had a realisation couple of days back which I thought I should reflect on over here, in case it may resonate with anyone else. I think one of the main reasons I’ve been indulging in PMO the past months was because I felt lonely.

Not from a friendship or family aspect, as I’m fortunate to have both and they are truly amazing. But in terms of being with a significant other. Last year I had a really tough time getting over a great relationship I had with this wonderful young woman who I fell for quite deeply. Long story short, not having that someone that you spoke to everyday, shared everything with and were also intimate with, left a void which my mind tried to fill (quite foolishly) by indulging in temporary pleasures.

I can’t believe it’s taken me quite some time to have this realisation but I’m glad it’s here nevertheless. I’ve been clean for 9 days so far, almost tripped badly but thankfully no relapse.

I’m also in the process of job hunting (so rn I’m unemployed) which only adds to the situation. I’ve noticed when I’m busy and whenever I have been in a relationship, I never really used P much at all and was much happier.

Now I’m not saying anyone “needs” a partner etc to be happy, but I’m just realising that I was looking for pleasure and happiness in the wrong places after someone I cared about a lot just left out of nowhere.

Working on dealing with these emotions rather than trying to seek temporary boosts from elsewhere. I will say, I feel like I’m in a better position now than the past few months.

Sorry for the long message, I hope everyone here is taking time to be kinder to themselves whilst on their journeys. Keep going and stay strong
    :emoji_raised_hands:

Chuck Palahniuk, Ūruz, Don80 and 5 others like this.
  9. Great posts. Super relatable. Thank you guys for sharing.

10. -Angel-

-Angel- Fapstronaut

Day 52 - Captain of the Nebuchadnezzar

Like @The man with the plan , I really appreciate these posts. They connect to the heart of what we've all experienced, or will experience at some point. I've found myself re-reading these several times today.

11. Gabriel Knight

Had an inspiration to make a meme:
    Day 1 agent smith meme.jpg

12. I'm in!:emoji_runner:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2023
  13. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

My daily protocol:

Strong morning habits - wim hof breathing (11minutes), yoga (15 minutes), meditation (15 minutes), cold shower (5 minutes) - they boost my confidence and raise my stress threshold.

Reading for a specific time or meditating with a timer is also good to train fending off any urges.

Still little progress in fending off night urges. But I'm to blame. I keep searching for some substitutes - materials for fantasies. However, this month will be better.

Three phases of day - based on a podcast from YouTube:
    I phase: waking till 1PM (exposure to the sun and cold, forming habits, exercise, working)
    II phase: 1PM till 7PM (yoga, meditation, hobbies)
    III phase: 8PM till bedtime (no meals, reading, meditation, dimmed light, getting ready for bed, avoid stress)

A good post!

14. Lightsaber

Lightsaber Fapstronaut

Checkin: Day 2. (Forgot to do a checkin yesterday but Day 1 is always the hardest, got nothing done but was busy with chores so that helped)

15. F14

F14 Fapstronaut

I'm resetting. I haven't looked at P but I've been dancing around it using substitutes. All started with a comedic youtube video featuring instagram "fitness models" then going down that rabbit hole and looking into all the crazy of AI and stumbling onto more lewd AI offerings. I resisted going all the way and really getting into it but still feel I need to start my counts over. Today is day 0. This new steak being my last deo volente.

I'm also planning on just being on here less. I was accessing the site through my phone. Trying to get away from internet browsing on my phone in general so I am now up on my desktop will try to update minimum once a week.

16. Gabriel Knight

17. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

18. Pauley

Pauley Fapstronaut

19. AniTheGreat

AniTheGreat Fapstronaut

20. Lightsaber

Lightsaber Fapstronaut