1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Day 13, trod on!

2. 2 days of freedom!!!
    I sometime think the people with 100+ days and similar long streaks are not real on NoFap. I think these are just bots. Why would someone keep coming to this forum if he/she has almost forgotten the addiction. Why would anyone want to remind himself of this filthy thing again and again by visiting this forum. Also I've noticed that I just forget this forum as I go a bit longer like say 30 days or so. Let me know what you think...

3. -Angel-

-Angel- Fapstronaut

I guess it depends on the severity of the addiction, or what people are using the site for. Some people do take longer to recover, or need something to hold themselves accountable for a longer period of time. It's also part of the fun to complete the challenges as well. Advice and tips from people who have long streaks (and have made changes in their lives) are also welcome. You also get used to doing this with others, and sort of become cyber-friends, and the site becomes a regular platform to converse with people. It's good if you can crack on with life around the 30 day mark, but it's not necessarily the same for everyone. I don't think it's a bad thing if people are still around, even if they've hit 500 days for example. They still make valuable contributions on those that take longer to recover, or they wish to impart knowledge to the next generation of Nofappers.

4. Maybe you're right bro. All the best with your streak! similar progress

5. Average_Joe0285

Average_Joe0285 Fapstronaut

Day 7 in the books! While I didn’t exactly accomplish everything I wanted to this first I week, I’m still proud of myself. This coming week I’ll be meditating everyday and reading for around 2 hours everyday - those are my goals. I’ve started running on my treadmill again, I enjoy it and I’ve fitted it into my routine. I’m looking forward to building my cardio, I’ll add in weightlifting soon enough. I’m looking forward to week 2. The quest to destroy my PMO ring goes on…

Definitely focus on not binging - it’s the trap I always fall into. You’ve got the strength to look past this one slip up. Please don’t fall back down the hole like I did.

6. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 32

Assignments are done! Now time to rest, looking forward to the weeks ahead.

7. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

8. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 164!
    to share my experience and journey.
    to make new friends
    to get some advices
    to motivate them
    to help friends
    :)

9. lonelyheartmindandsoul

lonelyheartmindandsoul Fapstronaut

10. Hey mates,
    I made a mistake. Smoked a cigarette a moment ago. I want to quit that too. What you suggest

11. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 118

You have a point there, brother. We're definitely not bots haha... But why should we keep coming back is a good question.

Maybe, to add another good reason with @Baki Hanma, is to not forget that we can fall any day, that we didn't just get passed it, we can still be really weak to dopamine urges. I was at 450 days like a year ago. And I fell because I got my guard down...

12. -Angel-

-Angel- Fapstronaut

13. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Day 14, trod on!

14. MustardSeed55

MustardSeed55 Fapstronaut

Lord have mercy. Peace be with you

15. MustardSeed55

// Day 1

Alas! A dream in the night made my body automatically ejaculate and then I fell prey to the Chaser Effect... My journey to rid Middle-Earth of the One Ring continues anew!

16. MustardSeed55

Good luck finishing strong with your exams. "Best Wishes" (John Green).

17. Cat Branchman

Cat Branchman Fapstronaut

Day 1. I'm still in a comfortable place with little to no urges, I feel motivated to reboot by joining this challenge.

18. Ayush Somvanshi

Ayush Somvanshi Fapstronaut