[365-CHALLENGE] THE THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Dec 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. On day 10..check in
    Getting irrational at everything. Feels like crying now. Most difficult days.

Urðr, Unstoppabull, Puretim and 7 others like this.
  2. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

3. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Daily check in. I have my wonderful little daughter staying with me tonight. She's a real life changer and probably the first person I ever truly loved. Good night . I'll have to read the latest posts tommorow.

Urðr, Unstoppabull, HE^MAN and 7 others like this.
  4. GuillaumeDujardin

GuillaumeDujardin Fapstronaut

5. Caleb 2020

Caleb 2020 Fapstronaut

the first 14 days is tough , and in this period the first 3 days are hardest .
    Then it becomes easier .
    Man you should focus solely on reaching 90 days , and gives every thing up .
    After that you will reach every where since you have the tool. Your body
    But now you must consciously do ,think act, and monitor yourself
    After 90 days you can trust your body and your subconscious mind and act automatically and without any exetra attempt to controlling

6. Caleb 2020

Caleb 2020 Fapstronaut

diet is important too.
    In my case egg was increasing the hormones of this

Urðr, Cody Dinh, happysloth and 2 others like this.
  7. Caleb 2020

Caleb 2020 Fapstronaut

diet is important too.
    In my case egg was increasing the hormones of this

Cody Dinh, happysloth and The_Fisher like this.
  8. Caleb 2020

Caleb 2020 Fapstronaut

9. rewiring4good

rewiring4good Fapstronaut

Day ? Turn your tablets on their side to find out ;)

HE^MAN, Boxer477, Caleb 2020 and 3 others like this.
  10. The_Fisher

The_Fisher Fapstronaut

11. frequentdogwalker

frequentdogwalker Fapstronaut

This is exactly what happens when you quit an addiction. The things you were trying to escape from are now right there in front of you. As you confront all the uncomfortable shit, your life will move forward and start getting better.

12. scobiscuit

scobiscuit Fapstronaut

Interesting. I have eggs every day

13. scobiscuit

scobiscuit Fapstronaut

120/365

Almost a third of the way!

Urðr, Unstoppabull, HE^MAN and 7 others like this.
  14. Day 2- I feel a lot better today. I woke up early, meditated, did some exercise and reviewed my values. The day has been very good. I guess it is true when they say you win the day in the morning. Hope I can keep up this routine for the next couple of weeks.

Yesterday, in reviewing why I relapsed and looking for new strategies to abstain from PMO, I came across this simple relapse prevention technique called Four Ds.

1. Delay – Since cravings rise and fall like waves, if you can delay a relapse decision for 20 minutes you’ll generally find the cravings dissipate on their own.
    2. Distract – Craving time passes more quickly when engaged in a distracting activity for a few minutes.
    3. Deep breathing – Deep breathing exercises help you maintain calm and purpose when cravings hit, keeping you from making rash decisions.
    4. Drink a glass of water – Drinking a glass of water relaxes you and sets your purpose. Imagine your cravings as like a runaway train gathering momentum to a disaster. Simple activities like taking a moment to drink a glass of water are like brakes that slow that train!

Source/link for above

I had a very hard time with urges last night. I decided to apply the first D and took my smartphone and set a countdown of 20 minutes in my clock app. I took some deep breaths to calm down and regulate my heart rate and distracted myself by reading some passages of the bible. By the time 20 minutes had passed the urges were gone. I think I will use this strategy from now on and experiment with it and see how I fare.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2019
    Urðr, Unstoppabull, HE^MAN and 5 others like this.
  15. That is good advice brother! I will set a shorter target of 90 days and give my best shot with no excuses

16. It is true what you have said. There is always a nugget of gold to find in failure. I need to find it though. I am analyzing why I failed and the lesson to apply. I appreciate the encouragement!

17. Yeah! Thanks for the reminder. All or nothing thinking which stems from being a perfectionist is something that has held me back for so long in this journey and even in many areas of my life.

Urðr, Puretim, Caleb 2020 and 2 others like this.