45 Mass Shootings in the USA This Year

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by IGY, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingRecover17

KingRecover17 Fapstronaut

Things are getting crazy out here

Calm likes this.
  2. atak

atak Fapstronaut

Ban guns.

Calm likes this.
  3. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

It worked pretty well...for them.
    "political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao knew how important gun ownerships was...as a threat to his murderous regime.

Indignation, Spidey2Dope and Calm like this.
  4. I thought I should post President Obama's response. He pretty much says it all. What a sad sad country we live in if we can't protect people from things like this,

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  5. KingRecover17

KingRecover17 Fapstronaut

6. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

I'll be more receptive when he dismisses his security detail and stops arming mexican drug cartels.

Spidey2Dope and Indignation like this.
  7. Indignation

Indignation Fapstronaut

Oh yeah, it's madness to have trained professionals armed to protect students from more mass shooters. The only reason gun control works in your country is because it was incorporated at a much earlier stage. BTW what experience do you have with guns? or are you one of those people who wouldn't poke a gun with a 10 ft long stick?

Oh I've considered it. There's just no good way to go about it even if you wanted to turn the USA into a more Europe-like country.
    How would you incorporate gun control? Just curious. There's so many guns out there, if there's naive madness to be had it is your own. What would be your plan? Go hunt down the owners of guns and take their guns? make it so people can only buy bolt action 22. caliber rifles? Ban guns entirely? By doing any of those you would only encourage people to stock up on more guns and ammo and possibly rebel against the government.
    Please enlighten me because you seem so intent that you have a good answer to this problem if only people would listen... Well I'm listening.

8. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

By boiling the frog like we've been doing the last 200 years. The founding fathers would be viewed as extremists today but originally the militias didn't just have muskets. They had cannons. To even come close to that today we'd have to repeal the firearms act that banned automatic weapons in the 30s...for starters. Unfortunately I don't think there are many people who want to take "shall not be infringed" literally.

9. Indignation

Indignation Fapstronaut

Put a frog in boiling water and it'll hop right out, put it in and slowly up the heat and he wont move a muscle. Yeah I can see that happening. The Constitution is slowly becoming more and more obsolete. Politicians are getting more power...

You can still obtain Automatic weapons, you just have to get a special license. It's a pain to get though and is very expensive.

10. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Yep. The most powerful man in the world (supposedly) is saying that he is powerless in changing his own country, let alone anyone else's. Madness.

11. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

Gun Restrictions Punish the Rational and Responsible for Acts of the Irrational and Irresponsible

Spidey2Dope likes this.
  12. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Most of the pro gun crowd is only thinking about hunting and home invasions so they make what look like reasonable compromises but play right into the anti gun lobby's salami slicing strategy. Will a shotgun protect your family from a home invader? Sure. Will it protect them from an invading army? Hell no.

Spidey2Dope and Indignation like this.
  13. Knight Solaire

Knight Solaire Fapstronaut

They are doing it so well too. Hiding it in plain sight. Obama is just a pawn. A surrogate used to draw the attention of the masses. That's what the people in charge (behind the government) are trying to accomplish. Cause as much uproar and public outcry till they can militarize the U.S.

Take guns from the citizens slowly. They will not be able to to defend themselves. Despite us "not needing guns" if someone was to come to my door right now and try to put me in a concentration camp I would definitely want a gun then....

They use psychology to hide it. I wish I knew specifics. I am all for "gun control" if that is what was going on. We are having our right slowly stomped all over and no one even sees it. I want to be able to protect myself when that day comes.

There is enough evidence for me to fear the future of this country and maybe the world. It's so subtle it's ridiculous. We have an African Israeli minister forming an army of 10,000 to defend against American troops on Israeli soil. Why the hell are they so scared? I thought we were there to protect them!

There is something going on around us. Something we are completely oblivious to. I hate it so much :mad: Being left in the dark like this. Just some of my thoughts.

14. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

The only thing that stopped that shooter was a gun. The only thing that stops anyone is force or the threat of force.

15. Dr.NoFap

Dr.NoFap Fapstronaut

I'm neutral in this gun control debate. What I do find interesting is that pro-gun activists usually have very poor defense on their beliefs. For example, some man told me that red meat, baseball bats,and cars kill people, too. Come on....

Knight Solaire and Calm like this.
  16. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

17. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

That's purely a matter of perspective. Timothy McVeigh made a bomb out of fertilizer and a truck under a building.

There are lots of ways to kill lots of people. Guns are just one of them, but with guns you can put someone down that has a gun.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf <--- CDC stats on all cause mortality from 1999 to 2013.

The problem with all conversations about governments is that in order to be ethically consistent, the definitions people use to control one thing that they don't like, must also be used to control everything else, potentially something they personally do like. A political or ethical opinion not applied universally is called hypocrisy. Most people make such judgments based on emotion and not logic.

This is why I'm an anarchist. I can't be logically or ethically consistent and say that a government should control one aspect of a thing in society but not another. If I were to be an authoritarian, that would also be logically consistent.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    Indignation and Calm like this.
  18. WOTL

WOTL Fapstronaut

It is a statistical reality that the United States is the only advanced country in the world where these recurrent episodes take place. This is a fact, not opinion. There is a reasonable hypothesis that suggests that the easy availability of weapons for the common citizen is a key cause for this. Otherwise one would have to conclude that U.S. citizens are intrinsically more violent than other countries. I do not believe this.

But the U.S. is a democracy and only through rational arguments and education can this problem be overcome. At some point public opinion will realize that the cost of this "right" to own weapons is too high. At a minimum, I do not understand why even large automatic weapons should be available to regular citizens. These are killing machines that should be made available only to professional armies. How many children and students, common citizens, need to die to do something about this?

I wonder whether people who defend ferociously the right to freely posses arms would defend this right if their children had been shot dead? At the same time, there is a practical policy problem, a game of chicken type of challenge. If you had a weapon yourself, you would not be willing to give it up unless everybody else did. How do you remove the millions of weapons already in circulation?

Calm likes this.
  19. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

The U.S. is also one of only two countries where prescription medications can be advertised on television

Immor and Calm like this.
  20. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

Nerf the world, baby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.