1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Athens Academy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

2. That's the thing I don't like .
    It's not beneficial as they say it is .
    But my favourite thing is, that I am no one to tell you what to do .
    I share my experience . And my way .
    The so-called ''discipline'' interacts with my creativity .
    If you are in the field of learning , more freedom is encouraged than schedule .
    Mind learns in various ways .

TudoBem23 and Fighter_4_life like this.
  3. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

Creativity and discipline are not enemies. And even if they were, waking up at 5 AM has nothing to do with it. You have a time for yourself even when you live with a bunch of people like I do. It is a time with no noises around me. It is just me with my clear thoughts which helps with creativity. Every time I wake up early, I have more energy throughout the day and because of this, I have more creative ideas when I need to think outside the box.

Every time I don't wake up early at 5 AM, I feel like I'm not connected with myself during the day, I am not productive, I don't have good ideas, I can't solve math problems and etc.

I think that the time we wake up is very personal... Immanuel Kant used to wake up at 5 AM for example... I think that all studies about what time should people wake up are useless. People should just wake up at the time they feel better.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  4. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

Stop belittling yourself bro, your opinions are important. It makes me think about what I'm doing. You are not always right, but neither am I. We are together in this boat, bro. The main reason that made me achieve 61 days of NoFap was all the content I came across with this forum (people's experiences, shared videos and research...).

Fighter_4_life likes this.
  5. webdevil81

webdevil81 Fapstronaut

5am rise, qigong and meditation done and now sipping on a coffee before I settle into my study rhythm for the day.

Think I am going to just continue with the 6am starts as sunrise is past 6 here now and quite frankly I have too much time this morning. Would be ok but I do my main exercise in the evenings now as it keeps my mind active and off my little friend, keeps me out of the pub and from indulging in other bad habits and also I get to mountain bike with friends as they can't make it before work for a few hours in the forest.

I will stay accountable with the group though.

6. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

7. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Good well I also woke up at 6 am that day and honestly it was very productive that day... I practiced all my power ups that day and had rest half of the day for productivity.. It was really nice ;)
    Spanish :30 minutes
    Today i woke around 5 am but spend 2.5 hrs not getting up as a result I have yet to do all power ups..

Frankii and Ashen One like this.
  8. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Spanish :0
    Academics :5hr

....... and Ashen One like this.
  9. Bonjour

....... likes this.
  10. CoolRandomDesiDude

CoolRandomDesiDude Fapstronaut

Salut mon mec. If you need help with your French, HMU cuz I am almost trilingual/quadrilingual.

Leader of ME likes this.
  11. CoolRandomDesiDude

CoolRandomDesiDude Fapstronaut

I have been going full grind mode this summer to absolutely dominate in school when I get back in September. I am on a military schedule where I wake up at 0400 hours and go to bed at 2200 hours. Even though I don't have to, I must put in elite level work if I want elite status. Here are my objectives for next year (Sorry if formatting is off as I copied from a doc):
    Objectives for Gr12

Remember man. Work on yourself. People will come to you when they see you balling. Let your actions speak.

- Be as aggressive as possible in class with your learning. Take it personally. Make your presence felt.

· In Chemistry, Physics, and Math, ask whatever question pops into your head. Do not be scared or intimidated. Take strong leadership of any labs given. Get up and do practice equations on boards.

· In TOK and English, dominate discussions. Speak the absolute truth in class bluntly and always question your peers.

· In Geography, answer the questions posed and carry the team in Trivia

· In Extended Essay, set the example and be tight on your progress

· In CAS, never be afraid flaunt your activities if given the chance

- Stick to a military type schedule with absolute discipline to the minute. You will rise at 0400 hours and go to bed at 2200 hours. The hour before bed should be cooldown and you SHOULD NOT BE DOING SCHOOLWORK AND LOOKING ON YOUR PHONE. Make your schedule for tomorrow, set out the next morning, and reflect on your day during that hour. Meditate yourself to sleep to get maximum focus. Use travel time to nap or do homework.

- Be the alpha in the setting. Come to school dressed well and groomed. If you come in like a wreck your day will be a wreck. Watch Alpha M’s videos and follow his example.

- Afterschool go and lift in the gym for an hour. HEAD THERE IMMEDIATELY AND MAKE IT INTENSE. If you have rugby, hustle during the practices, and unleash fury during games. If there is time left over, go to a class, and do schoolwork.

- Show up to school at least 30 minutes early. During that time, you may ask teachers questions or work on schoolwork in a class.

- During lunch DO NOT RUN AROUND WITH RANDOM PEOPLE. Head to a class and work on schoolwork. The more done in school, the less you must do at home. Block out distractions by having your wireless earbuds with you with sufficient charge. Every once in a long while, pay someone a visit. Since you are rare, it will be extra special for them that you gave them your time.

- Keep in contact with your real bandhas (Karandeep Singh Bhullar, Avneet Patel, Ishaan Gaur, Amrit Singh Bal, Tajdeep Singh Sandhu, Ayden Kharod). They will mentor you through your circumstances.

- Pick one, and ONLY ONE, time in the day where you will access your social media and emails. Do not let it consistently distract you throughout the day.

- Keep a creative outlet via your music and studio sessions. Upkeep that and present it well to your circles.

- If you can, try to study outside so that you can get fresh air

- Grind over the summer. Hit your goals involving:

· Volunteering at South Asian Mental Health

· Studying ahead and revising EVERY subject, especially with summer school

· Finishing your EE

· Getting all movie shoots done

· Training

Box987 and Leader of ME like this.
  12. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Been studying 6-7 hours for last four days
    Took a break today

....... likes this.
  13. The Highlight

The Highlight Fapstronaut

Studing 5-6 hour daily. Doing good now. From now on I will post daily and try to increase my productivity.

....... likes this.
  14. Finally back.
    Spanish: 2 hours.

Not so good I know.
    But I am finally back after weeks of nothing.

Fighter_4_life and ....... like this.
  15. Spanish: again 2 hours.
    Will improve. Must improve.

....... and Fighter_4_life like this.
  16. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Academic study :1 hour
    Spanish : 0 hour (I dropped down two leagues on duolingo)

....... likes this.
  17. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Academic :3 hours
    Spanish : 30 minutes

fg4795 and Leader of ME like this.
  18. PP: 2 hours
    Spanish: 2 hours

19. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Academic :2 hours
    Spanish :0