1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Being submissive to whatever life throws at us

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by aztx.1998, Jul 7, 2017.

To be submissive to life's disappoinments and/or happenings?

1. A - yes, be submissive to life

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. B - no, fight back

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. aztx.1998

aztx.1998 Fapstronaut

What do y'all think about this?

When there comes a point that NONE of the things you asked for in life pops up EXCESSIVELY, as humans, do y'all think we should just be submissive that nothing will go our way (not just in being addicted to PMO, thus recovering from it) or is it ok for us to "fight back" sometimes?

2. We should fight back all the time when it's worth it and if it's not what you want. We shouldn't give in and submit. Life is all about taking opportunities to improve ourselves and the world around us.

aztx.1998 likes this.
  3. YngwieWanksteen

YngwieWanksteen Fapstronaut

I would say fight back mostly and know when to be submissive.

For example, I've been told and I don't like it that "you are not in control". I will try to manipulate and control a situation as much as possible for the outcome I want, but at the end I remember I am not in control.

But instead of taking "you are not in control" and strictly being submissive to everything, I take both sides. Try as hard as possible to get what I want as though I was in control and when I don't get what I want remember there are limits to my control/efforts.

aztx.1998 likes this.
  4. Between A and B I would rather pick C. Because I think there is a a spot of balance we need to hit between those two. If we resist too much at what life throws at us we will just unnecessary suffer. Because a lot of times we can not change our situation, or at least can not change it as fast as we want to. So at that point resisting is pointless, it would just crate unnecessary stress. But at the same time we can't just not do anything about situations we are in cos that would create unnecessary suffering too. Eventually if we keep trying we will get out of it.

I think of an example of palm trees. Huge storm comes but they survive. Because they bend with the wind. They submit to the wind. If they would be all hard and rigid, and would try to fight back, they would just brake. But because they submit they survive. But they don't stay down either, when the wind is gone they rise back up. That's how we should treat our challenges in life, like a palm tree. Submit when there is no point to resist but rise back up when when we know we can.

jest and aztx.1998 like this.