1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bucket List

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by forksnknives, Aug 1, 2018.

1. forksnknives

forksnknives Fapstronaut

Hi Guys and Gals.

Interested to know what things are on your 'Bucket Lists'? ie. What things do you want to do before you die or hit a certain age? Or perhaps you've already achieved some things? Let's hear those too!

For me:
    Visit Vietnam
    Visit Niagra Falls
    Be a one off DJ in a venue!
    Be a one off model in something!
    Watch the sunrise with a loved one.

#livelife

Deleted Account and MLMVSS like this.
  2. I have a long bucket list that I made years ago and wrote on an actual bucket. When I complete things from the list, I put some sort of memory related to the event inside the bucket. Some of the things on there I dont really care too much about accomplishing anymore, because my interests have changed. But here are some.

Things from my bucket list that I would still like to do:

* see a Broadway play
    * visit NYC
    * visit Scranton, PA
    * visit Paris, Italy, Hawaii, London, Rome, Washington DC, and see the Taj Mahal and the top of the Satue of Liberty
    * sing at a karaoke bar
    * ziplining
    * ride a horse on the beach
    * meet Steve Carell (lol a bit of wishful thinking on that one)
    * go on a cruise
    * take a swing dance class
    * go to Disney World
    * take an ASL class
    * go to Universal Studios
    * ride a hot air balloon
    * try surfing
    * have a windowpane full of tulips

Things I would like to do now that aren't on my bucket list:

* go to Comic Con
    * go to Gallifrey One Con
    * meet Funhaus (at the very least, Bruce Greene would be amazing)
    * visit a tulip farm (every since I heard this was a thing I've wanted to see one. I also love sunflowers and white daisies, so if they have farms of those, that would be cool too)
    * see my books in stores someday

Things from my bucket list that I have accomplished and crossed off:

* write a novel
    * get published
    * jello pool (it was a kiddie pool, but still amazing. Courtesy of my sister, because she gives the best birthday presents ever.)
    * learn to drive a stick shift
    * try out for a reality show
    * get married
    * make a post-wedding time capsul
    * get a tattoo
    * go to dinner and a movie alone
    * ride a horse
    * ride a motorcycle
    * meet yoyo1 (a fellow nofap friend I met through the site. I wont post his name in case he wouldn't want me to, although he isn't on here anymore.)

I think that's all I can think of at the moment. I had "give birth" on my original bucket list, so yeah, my life has definitely changed a whole lot. Lol but some of the things I have on here I still would love to do.

3. I also have another bucket with a list I made with my best friend of things we wanted to do together. Most of these probably will never happen now, but some of them that we accomplished...

* go to disneyland together
    * visit San Francisco together
    * sleep outside
    * ride in a limo
    * laser tag (did that for my bachelorette party!)
    * be each others maid of honors <3

4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

My two biggest ones are marriage and visit every country that my passport allows me to, and take in the sights/cultures/lifestyles of each. :)

Not sure when the first part will happen, it’ll be cool to do the 2nd part (or as much of it as I can) before I’m 30.

5. Wow, thats pretty detailed it makes me want to have a bigger bucket list lol. As of right now the only real things on my list are to visit london, paris, and rome.

By the way, the only thing on your list that i have done is sing at a karaokee bar.

6. Ive been to niagra falls, its pretty awesome.

Deleted Account and forksnknives like this.
  7. Fun! My sister in law goes to karaoke bars a lot, so I'm surprised I haven't done it yet. Sounds like an adventure.

8. Yeah, i dont do it much anymore, but my grandpa used tl run karaoke in bars as a side job, so was kind of raised on it. Its good times though.

9. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I just want to taste every good food...

10. Good one, sign me up.

u376 likes this.
  11. forksnknives

forksnknives Fapstronaut

Wow! That's a big list for sure! Make me think perhaps I should think a little longer and harder about my goals!

I really really like that you had an actual bucket! That's such a great idea and a nice way to cherish the memories you've made! I may steal that idea if you don't mind?!

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. forksnknives

forksnknives Fapstronaut

I've seen photo's of course but I honestly can't even imagine what it would be like to see it in real life. Such a huge mass of water. I'm intrigued by everything about it! Sight/Sound/the feel of the water mist in the air...

13. forksnknives

forksnknives Fapstronaut

Definitely agree with the visiting as many places as possible and embracing the cultures!

14. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Trust me it's overrated. nothing all that special

15. I gotta disagree there.

MLMVSS likes this.
  16. SolitaryScribe

Are you Canadian?

17. No, im from michigan.

18. SolitaryScribe

Ah that's why. Canadians don't care much for Niagara falls, it's overly crowded and smells like little India. If you want to see something spectacular though check out our national parks and northern wilderness!

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. Oh, gotcha :)

20. forksnknives

forksnknives Fapstronaut

I see. I think that's sometimes common place when you live somewhere. You don't always care as much for what you have on your doorstep. 90% of my holidays I take abroad now but actually there's so much in the UK which is only a drive away which I never think to go to. Although I'd like to change that this year.

You may be right, but i'd still like to go and see Niagra with my own eyes, and decide for myself what it smells like!