1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you be friends of an ex?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by modern milarepa, Jun 10, 2021.

1. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I think is a bad idea. One of the two always wants to come back. There is a reason for the break up. Also let's say there is no money, kids or common ownership of any kind so you are not forced to be friends.

Also this take us back to the thread about if two straight people from the opposite sex can be friends it was a long debate but I think the general consensus was it is not possible. And now we add past emotional and sexual factors to this mix it becomes even more complicated.

Also if someone says it is possible this has to come with real examples, perhaps your own and preferably with the opinion on both sides involved.

RobbyGo36 and Revanthegrey like this.
  2. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I mean friends friends like you spend time together share things go to trips together.

Not friends in the sense you are in good terms and talk occasionally or say hi via messenger

3. TheLightOne

TheLightOne Fapstronaut

If theres still love then no. If not then yes

4. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Depends on love and depends on the break up.

5. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

6. I know some people who can do it. I tried myself, didn't work. Personal experience though. You be you.

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  7. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Its tempting when you really like someone's company, are interested in their viewpoints etc but the relationship didnt work out. But it's going to harm your ability to move on, which is the most important thing.

Of course men and women can be friends, just like a man can be close to his sister. Sometimes there is no attraction at all. Or she just isnt your type.

8. No. That sort of thing can get messy really quickly. One of you will have feelings for each other, and it'll make future relationships with other girlfriends a lot more awkward. It'll also make moving on more difficult. personally, I wouldn't be too happy if my gf was friends with an ex.