1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do women like short men? (conversation from "how old and tall are you" thread)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Zerg Prosecutor, Sep 3, 2015.

1. JustADude

JustADude Fapstronaut

That is not how all polling works. Polls put effort into randomly sampling a representative set of the society, so that their small # of survey participants opinions hopefully reflect the opinions of the entire population.

EDIT: I should be clear. Serious polls that are worth a damn do what i wrote. In my experience those polls typically have a margin of error of 1%-5%.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. Zerg Prosecutor

Zerg Prosecutor Fapstronaut

1-5 seems accurate enough for me.

3. JustADude

JustADude Fapstronaut

A serious poll has a 1-5% accuracy. Your method would have an un-determinable accuracy.

Zerg Prosecutor likes this.
  4. theDoctorSmith

theDoctorSmith Fapstronaut

I'd say it's digressing from the topic. Anyway, my question does not relate to the impossibility of such digression taking place, I wanted to know how it happened without having to read the long posts. Which is why I asked for a tl;dr.

Talking about digressing from a topic reminds me of a game I found on reddit the other day, thewikigame. It's pretty awesome. You use links in a page to reach another page. I doubt there will be anyone who'll remain unimaginative about digressing after playing it.