Eating Healthier

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Any helpful tips anyone would like to share about how to make healthy eating easier would be much appreciated.

2. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

For starters, I recommend the "no junk foods challenge" .

[Link]

Sam91 and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Fatsodubmo

Fatsodubmo Fapstronaut

Im a former personal trainer, fitness manager, nutrition coach, now health coach. I analyze bloodwork and make personalized nutrition programs daily, and my company is now offering DNA tests that give additional insight to nutritional needs.

The "easiest" things you can do involve:
    1. Blood glucose stabilization.
    2. Eat "real" food. Cut out as much processed crap as you can.
    3. Love your gut. Pay attention to your gut microbiome by cutting out the processed crap, especially sugar, and get in probiotics either naturally or by supplementation, and eat your greens/grains "prebiotics".
    4. Reduce stress!!! This cant be overstated. Your stress hormone cortisol is your hunger hormone, amongst many other functions. If you are a chronic overproducer of cortisol, it will be VERY difficult to resist the processed sugary, salty, fatty crap that guess what...causes the production of more cortisol creating and feeding the addiction much like our pmo addiction hormone cycles.

Hope this helps.

4. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

I also have knowledge of eating healthy and I approve the post above. If you follow the points above you'll be doing fine in the health department. I want to emphasise on the veggies - no diet will say don't eat veggies. It's the only food all diets agree on even when we have different bodies and react to food differently.

Deleted Account and Fatsodubmo like this.
  5. Fatsodubmo

Fatsodubmo Fapstronaut

Yes!

6. Thanks for the advice guys!

Fatsodubmo likes this.
  7. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I have reccently lost a bunch of weight in combination with nofap. Went from 230 to 160 with a pretty simple eating routine. I do intermittent fasting which I find to be very helpful to eat in a caloric deficit. Find roughly how many calories you need per day on an online calorie calculator. Then eat in a caloric deficit for fat loss. If you want to maintain your current weight eat at maintenance. The second most important factor after caloric intake is the right balance of macros. Roughly 40℅ carbs 40℅ protein 20℅ fat. I dont know all the science behind it but this is what worked extremely well for me. Eating less frequently but bigger meals makes me feel more full but I stay within my calories. I recommend combining intermittent fasting and nofap, these practices have completely changed my life.

Fatsodubmo and Deleted Account like this.
  8. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

Amazing advice!

What would you say to person who doesn't get to cook, like ever??

That's my situation. (Plus I live in the UK though we DO have Whole foods for e.g. like you do, it's quite far from me but I go there sometimes.) I'm trying to up my magnesium foods cos I think I am (was?) deficient. Also, MO/PMO can apparently reduce zinc. In guys and maybe in girls as well but some say TOO much zinc can be as anxiety-increasing as not enough. So I guess zinc-high foods are good for us, but not too much.

I HAVE been adding more magnesium-rich foods to my diet. But it is tricky when I don't really get kitchen time, i literally get five minutes a day in there uninterrupted!

Deleted Account and Fatsodubmo like this.
  9. Fatsodubmo

Fatsodubmo Fapstronaut

So what's your definition of cooking? It can be as simple as cooking a pound of ground turkey and having it ready to microwave with some baby spinach and veggies. I ALWAYS have grapes, apples, and mixed nuts on hand. Shakes are an option. I like Dimatize lactose free whey. I drink a lot of kombucha and take probiotics/ eat prebiotics. Try to find a good whole grain cereal with minimal carbs from sugar and eat with cashew/almond milk.

Its really about finding a variety of whole foods, or as whole as you can get them and making sure you get your carbs at regular intervals (20-50grams every 2-4 hours), and daily amount of fat/protein grams through natural sources.

10. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

Yeah like the microwave thing, really. I am bumping up the fruit, fresh and dried and nuts and eating more yogurt. I am gradually replacing toast with cereal again.
    Cashew/almond milk sounds delicious!

I am a teacher, so, really, I can't just eat when I want?

But you have given me some excellent tips here and it is really helpful.

Fatsodubmo likes this.
  11. Fatsodubmo

Fatsodubmo Fapstronaut

Glad I can help. One of our biggest accounts is a school district! Have some fruit/nuts/grains etc before class, inbetween periods, conference, lunch break, whenever you can fit them in! A shake/drink might be good as it can be quicker and or easier. Find 3 whole foods that you can keep at your desk. A fruit (I like apples/grapes), a grain (can be multigrain bread), and some mixed nuts for fat and some good carbs/little bit of protein. Just munch on these throughout you day when you can. Also try edamame as a snack, it has an amazing macro profile.

12. I supplement zinc + vit C, magnesium and vit d