1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Evolve ~Squeaky Soul's Workout Journal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Squeaky Soul, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

This morning:

25 pseudo push ups,
    65 squats,
    15 chin ups,
    60 sit ups,
    and 25 decline push ups.

The exercises above were broken up into three different cycles. 30 second rest inbetween exercises, 70 second rest inbetween cycles, so I got tired out. After not doing exercises in such a long time I felt like throwing up!

~Squeaky

2. Nouvel Homme

Nouvel Homme Fapstronaut

So what's the goal in terms of muscle gain now then?

3. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

I'd say, gain muscle more muscle!

I have gained a wee bit in these 5 or so months, but now I have a better idea of what I am doing, so I can do it better now.

I'm going to do full body exercises every 2-3 days, while focusing on my under developed muscle groups in those days between. Such as: Forearm, calves, and abs.

~Squeaky Soul

4. Nouvel Homme

Nouvel Homme Fapstronaut

Whoop whoop back at ya!

I'm not looking at gaining huge amounts of muscle, having a good base already, but I'm noticing all sorts of exciting improvements here and there with all these positive changes to my life: lower chest more filled out, arms feeling more filled out (hell yeah!) and probably my body fat % (already fairly low) going down further still.

I hope we can keep each other motivated, SqueakySoul. It's great sharing this new-found productivity with someone else.

PS. What's your thoughts on nutrition?

5. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

I feel the same way with my body!

My thoughts on nutrition?

I think people looking to develop muscle should consume protein, carbs, and fats all from healthy sources. Proteins, not only from meat, but from plant based as well, carbs from fruits and vegetables, not just breads and pastas, and also healthy sources of fats like nuts, avacados, etc. I also think keeping the body alkaline is good too. Meat and dairy acidify the body, which draws protien and calcium out of the muscles and bones. The reason body builders can eat a lot of meat and still gain muscle is because their testosterone levels are so high, a more acidic body doesn't even matter.

So, I like to drink a lot of lemon water, and keep my alkalizing food to acidifying food ratio 2:1. Just to be more alkaline than acidic.

There's a lot more to talk about, but I gotta go now.

~Squeaky Soul

6. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

Finally gave up calisthenics and started lifting weights!

Nouvel Homme likes this.
  7. Nouvel Homme

Nouvel Homme Fapstronaut

With all the changes, together with giving up sugar and coffee some strange changes are happening - I reckon I'm on course for a washboard stomach if I keep losing stomach fat at this rate.

8. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

Awesome! What's your build?

9. Nouvel Homme

Nouvel Homme Fapstronaut

My build is athletic-built, which is an advantage, but like any human I have some fat on the stomach. But with the improved discipline (which has included giving up sugar), I am starting to see the bottom row of abs coming through. It should be Christmas come early!

How are you finding the weight training versus calisthenics?

10. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

Awesome. I'd say I'm lean athletic. 6'3" 170 pounds. Pretty skinny :)