1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Failing Forward

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. RebootingProtestant

RebootingProtestant Fapstronaut

This morning, I fell victim to the common blunder of giving Satan a foothold. With this, I gave into my desires and fell. However, I have been listening to many, many sermons recently, and I have discovered that this journey that we are all on is not engineered and spearheaded by our own power. The very second we peel ourselves away from the will of God is when we fail. Every time we fail, it is NOT because God wasn't strong enough to pull us from our sin. Instead, it is our failure to remain in His power and perfect will. Our ability to abstain doesn't come from some "willpower" we conjure up from the void, but from the power of cleaving to the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. Much Like Jesus in the wilderness, the Lord quoted scripture to the evil one, and never even gave him an inch of victory. As are we to be also: steadfast and unyielding to the attacks of Satan. Although I failed today, I want to fail forward, for the Glory of God and the Furtherance of His Kingdom.
    ~My one prayer request is to get to 1 month. I haven't been clean in that long in at least at least 4 or 5 years and I need the help of the Holy Spirit because I cannot do it alone.

Tao Jones likes this.
  2. I will pray for you brother! You can do it!

vxlccm likes this.
  3. We can walk in Gods perfect will through Christ and his blood. In our own flesh we will always sin, pride, lust. These are natural to the human condition and God knows we are week. I know the Spirit of God is working in you! keep up the good work.

4. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. His grace is sufficient for us. We fight by resting in him.

Do not give up, and do not go back! I am praying for you, too, and cheering you on!

vxlccm likes this.