1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing the posture and stretching out

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by GoldenStarFire53, Oct 19, 2021.

Are you working on your posture?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. no, but I should

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  3. no, I have a good posture

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GoldenStarFire53

GoldenStarFire53 Fapstronaut

For a long time, my posture has been bad and in the modern age a lot of us have rounded shoulders and nerd's necks, some have abdominal pelvic tilt or other problems with their posture. We are sitting today more than we used to in the past and many of us sit in the offices or schools for long periods of time in the day then we come home and sit to watch our television or to play video games for the other half of the day. Many people don't go out or get up to stretch the muscles that are getting tight and overactive. I am not a doctor but working out and stretching is something we all know is beneficial for our health and bad posture is something I experience to be not pleasant to have. Having a bad posture could be also bad if you are starting to get into the fitness world from what I have heard because you are building yourself on a poor foundation and if there is somebody that is educated in this I would like you to educate me more on this because I don't think that my "research" on the internet is good enough to claim I have sufficient knowledge on the subject.

Somebody that made me think about stretching seriously was David Goggins who does it for 2 hours every single day and explains his reason for doing it and one of them being really tight muscles that were strangling his organs as he said it. There are a lot more athletes that say you should stretch and I also believe that you should and there are proven benefits as scientists say that you could run better and increase your range of motion in the gym and helps with building muscle again if there is somebody that has expertise on this subject I would be more than thankful if you added on this or comfermed.

Posture is something that I am trying to fix for a really long time but it doesn't seem so important or importance was not given to as for a tradition training your body to be stronger and look more aesthetic. Now I am seeing that fixing my posture is something very beneficial if I want to stand straight into my old age and not have back pains and for me most important be a good foundation for building muscle and doing the exercises with a proper form which in turn gives more "gains" as you would say. Also as heard could help me run faster and stretching could help me be in a much much better shape, making me more flexible and I never have been flexible.

How did I ruin my posture?
    Playing hours and hours of video games and sitting down looking at a screen wasting my life away running from reality and being amused by pixels on the screen. What life that was looking back at it and later seeing what it did to my body and social skills but now more important when talking to the body from being a fat person with bad posture when looking in the mirror not being happy with myself.

2. applework

applework Fapstronaut

Let's work on our posture daily. Thank you for remembering me that i need to fix my posture.

GoldenStarFire53 likes this.
  3. GoldenStarFire53

GoldenStarFire53 Fapstronaut

Let's fix those problems brother! My neck and head hurts while I am replying to you I was sitting for a long period of time today

applework likes this.